SuperHeavy

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Artemis

SuperHeavy

#1 Post by Artemis » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:16 pm

Apparently Mick started ths band because he was pissed at Keef for saying he's got a "tiny todger" in his memoir.

SuperHeavy is a rock/soul/reggae super group that features Mick Jagger, Dave Stewart, Joss Stone, Damien Marley, and Oscar winning composer A.R. Rahman ("Slumdog Millionaire"). It is the brain child of both Jagger and Stewart who according to Reuters wondered what a band of different musicians from different genres would sound like. According to Stone, the album has "the weirdest sound...very eclectic. It's like world music, but it's not one style. It's just not normal, but it's a great to listen to." The group's debut single a reggae infused tune called "Miracle Worker" will be released on July 18 with with the full-length album scheduled to be released sometime in September.

I hope Mick's suit doesn't give Perry any ideas.

ant

Re: SuperHeavy

#2 Post by ant » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:30 am

wow. that's really terrible. It was just a generic pop-reggae song that went even further downhill with the appearance of Jagger. :no:

Artemis

#3 Post by Artemis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:31 am

i agree. mick jagger looks and sounds like a really old man. i think he just turned 68.

i have no idea what rahman guy is doing in this band.
the song sounds like lots of other songs. the chorus does have that ear worm quality about it. i've been humming 'you're a miracle worker. you're a surgeon of love.'

i am still curious to hear what the other stuff sounds like. i imagine it'll be more of the same or worse. :lol:

guysmiley

#4 Post by guysmiley » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:13 am

good god, I hate this. Reggie should be left alone in my opinion. Brits might agree. The old stuff was the best, everything else is watered down. I use to love the Rolling Stones, but now, fuck them. They"re shadows of themselves and not as "bad" as they claim. Real roots and rock are being made by people making far less on the bankroll.

creep
Site Admin

#5 Post by creep » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:21 am

that shit sucked.

i always thought joss stone is hot so that makes it better i guess. :confused:

perkana

#6 Post by perkana » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:50 am

Artemis wrote:Apparently Mick started ths band because he was pissed at Keef for saying he's got a "tiny todger" in his memoir.
Sure it's tiny but mighty effective, how many kids has he spawned?

Juana

#7 Post by Juana » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:20 pm

guysmiley wrote:good god, I hate this. Reggie should be left alone in my opinion. Brits might agree. The old stuff was the best, everything else is watered down. I use to love the Rolling Stones, but now, fuck them. They"re shadows of themselves and not as "bad" as they claim. Real roots and rock are being made by people making far less on the bankroll.
The Slackers
The Aggrolites
Westbound Train
Hepcat/Dubcat (when they're playing)
Buju Banton
Stephen Marley
Scratch Perry just had an album drop
Sierra Leone's Refugee Allstars

All still do reggae pretty well. But I agree Mick Jagger should stay the hell away from reggae.

ant

#8 Post by ant » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:34 pm

These older rockers need to quit dying their hair so completely. Nobody believes a guy pushing 70 has a head of all brown hair. Let's some grey show through and age gracefully. Looks like Mick is wearing a wig. This is especially true for men. Don't women find a little salt and pepper to be distinguished.

Artemis

#9 Post by Artemis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:54 pm

ant wrote: Don't women find a little salt and pepper to be distinguished.
:nod:

Look at Paul Weller. He looks like a cool older guy who is not trying to be 25 anymore.

Or Bruce Springsteen looks great for his age too.

Artemis

#10 Post by Artemis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:56 pm

perkana wrote:
Artemis wrote:Apparently Mick started ths band because he was pissed at Keef for saying he's got a "tiny todger" in his memoir.
Sure it's tiny but mighty effective, how many kids has he spawned?
:lol: yeah, there are probably many out there. i think there are 7 or 8 "official" ones. he had 4 kids when he was married to Jerry Hall .

perkana

#11 Post by perkana » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:10 pm

ant wrote:These older rockers need to quit dying their hair so completely. Nobody believes a guy pushing 70 has a head of all brown hair. Let's some grey show through and age gracefully. Looks like Mick is wearing a wig. This is especially true for men. Don't women find a little salt and pepper to be distinguished.
Yeah, we do. I just noticed that I'm checking out more salt and pepper guys than the young ones these days...Crap, I can't think of any rocker right now.

Juana

#12 Post by Juana » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:03 pm

ant wrote:These older rockers need to quit dying their hair so completely. Nobody believes a guy pushing 70 has a head of all brown hair. Let's some grey show through and age gracefully. Looks like Mick is wearing a wig. This is especially true for men. Don't women find a little salt and pepper to be distinguished.
They just can't let go of their youth, but it gets sad when you see people in their 70s doing that shit

ant

#13 Post by ant » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:41 pm

Juana wrote:
They just can't let go of their youth, but it gets sad when you see people in their 70s doing that shit
They look silly but I guess no one around them wants to tell them the truth.

I bet this album goes nowhere.

Juana

#14 Post by Juana » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:48 pm

ant wrote:
Juana wrote:
They look silly but I guess no one around them wants to tell them the truth.

I bet this album goes nowhere.
It will do fine basically based on the names involved, Jr Gong, Jagger and Stone will get people to buy the album and it will get radio play because UMG will push it

cashinnowperry

#15 Post by cashinnowperry » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:46 pm

That was highly disappointing given the amount of talent involved, even if Mick is just an old bag of bones. I wonder if they would consider disbanding if Keef came out and said "Mick's todger is immense! Now bugger off with the bloody reggae!"

Shit like this could drive a man to smoke his father's ashes.

Juana

#16 Post by Juana » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:37 pm

I'm surprised Damien would do this instead of making Jam Rock pt 2 and making us all happy. No one wants to hear this shit. I was excited to read about it a while back and THEN I heard it and was sadly let down, maybe other stuff is better on the album

Juana

#17 Post by Juana » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:24 pm

It's actually a pretty good party record outside the lead single. Not great but been listening to various songs from the last week and its pretty good

ellis

#18 Post by ellis » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:54 am

Hey!!! No hating on Damian Marley. You don't know shit until you've seen him live with his band. :rockon:

Matz

#19 Post by Matz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:24 am

why the fuck would Mick Jagger sing on something so horrible? Who advices him? Perry Farrell?

wally

#20 Post by wally » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:56 pm

he did it better in 1978.

Juana

#21 Post by Juana » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:31 pm

Yeah but I actually like it. Consider it my guilty pleasure. I think namely because I like Jr Gong's parts on the album. I don't like Mick on there at all really, I remixed it and turned him down and Joss up.