Black Sabbath rewrites history (Jane's style)

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Tyler Durden

Black Sabbath rewrites history (Jane's style)

#1 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri May 18, 2012 10:35 am

Take a look at this. This is fucking disgraceful. :no:

http://www.blacksabbath.com/

creep
Site Admin

Re: Black Sabbath rewrites history (Jane's style)

#2 Post by creep » Fri May 18, 2012 10:39 am

i don't get it. is it because every picture is of three guys and not the guy that isn't part of the reunion? i don't really know black sabbath history.

Tyler Durden

#3 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri May 18, 2012 10:47 am

creep wrote:i don't get it. is it because every picture is of three guys and not the guy that isn't part of the reunion? i don't really know black sabbath history.
Yes. Bill Ward has been cropped or airbrushed out of all of the pics.

Pandemonium

#4 Post by Pandemonium » Fri May 18, 2012 11:15 am

That petty shit reeks of Sharon Osbourne's hand. Don't forget, she's the one that had Ozzy's two Randy Rhoads era solo albums re-recorded with new bass and drums because the original guys took them to court on unpaid songwriting royalties so this is no shock. Also, Ward recently issued a public letter explaining the kind of terms he'd have to agree to to play in the band, which includes only doing three songs and sitting out the rest of the set. The band just announced they were doing the upcoming shows with a "replacement drummer" but they won't name the guy.

thoreau

#5 Post by thoreau » Fri May 18, 2012 11:17 am

If I remember correctly, Van Halen tried doing this on their website too, when they reunited sans Michael Anthony. They went as far as to remove him from the original album covers and put Wolfgang in his place. :eyes:

Tyler Durden

#6 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri May 18, 2012 11:27 am

Pandemonium wrote:That petty shit reeks of Sharon Osbourne's hand. Don't forget, she's the one that had Ozzy's two Randy Rhoads era solo albums re-recorded with new bass and drums because the original guys took them to court on unpaid songwriting royalties so this is no shock. Also, Ward recently issued a public letter explaining the kind of terms he'd have to agree to to play in the band, which includes only doing three songs and sitting out the rest of the set. The band just announced they were doing the upcoming shows with a "replacement drummer" but they won't name the guy.
Yeah, I remember the solo album "overdubs"; pathetic. And I as well read Bill's letter about the contractual terms (re: only performing 3 songs); again, pathetic. I'm assuming it will be Mike "Puffy" Bordin.

Tyler Durden

#7 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri May 18, 2012 11:28 am

thoreau wrote:If I remember correctly, Van Halen tried doing this on their website too, when they reunited sans Michael Anthony. They went as far as to remove him from the original album covers and put Wolfgang in his place. :eyes:
That is ridiculous, embarrassing, and childish.

Matz

#8 Post by Matz » Fri May 18, 2012 11:55 am

thoreau wrote:If I remember correctly, Van Halen tried doing this on their website too, when they reunited sans Michael Anthony. They went as far as to remove him from the original album covers and put Wolfgang in his place. :eyes:
wow, that should be illegal

Pandemonium

#9 Post by Pandemonium » Fri May 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Matz wrote:
wow, that should be illegal
Yeah, it was a pretty petty thing for them to do. It was a thumbnail in their discography section on the band's website. It lasted about 2 days before some fans started noticing and pitching a bitch about it and they put back up the original album cover.

Original Album cover

Eddie's Son on bass

BTW, they also used Wolfgang's likeness for the Van Halen guitar hero game instead of Anthony's. Although that made a bit more sense as Mike was out of the band by 2007 and clearly, no one wanted to pay him to use his likeness in the game, it still was pretty stupid seeing Roth and the Van Halen brothers with Eddie's 17 year old kid on bass playing songs that pre-dated Wolfgang's birth by almost 15 years.

dali

#10 Post by dali » Fri May 18, 2012 8:28 pm

Pandemonium wrote:That petty shit reeks of Sharon Osbourne's hand. Don't forget, she's the one that had Ozzy's two Randy Rhoads era solo albums re-recorded with new bass and drums because the original guys took them to court on unpaid songwriting royalties so this is no shock.
I can't stand that bitch or her two-faced bitch daughter.

Tyler Durden

#11 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri May 18, 2012 8:33 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
BTW, they also used Wolfgang's likeness for the Van Halen guitar hero game instead of Anthony's. Although that made a bit more sense as Mike was out of the band by 2007 and clearly, no one wanted to pay him to use his likeness in the game, it still was pretty stupid seeing Roth and the Van Halen brothers with Eddie's 17 year old kid on bass playing songs that pre-dated Wolfgang's birth by almost 15 years.
How's it any different than them doing the same thing on tour? :lol:

Pandemonium

#12 Post by Pandemonium » Fri May 18, 2012 8:48 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
It really isn't. But the game portrays Roth, Eddie and Alex visually in their late 20's from the early 80's and then there's Eddie's teenage son. Which taken literally, would mean Eddie fathered his son around the age of 5.

Tyler Durden

#13 Post by Tyler Durden » Fri May 18, 2012 8:51 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:
It really isn't. But the game portrays Roth, Eddie and Alex visually in their late 20's from the early 80's and then there's Eddie's teenage son. Which taken literally, would mean Eddie fathered his son around the age of 5.

Wow.

Could you imagine a Guitar Hero with Jane's Addiction circa 1990 with Chris Chaney on bass? :lol:

dali

#14 Post by dali » Fri May 18, 2012 8:58 pm

Tyler Durden wrote: Wow.

Could you imagine a Guitar Hero with Jane's Addiction circa 1990 with Chris Chaney on bass? :lol:
With Etty involved at or more than Sharon Osbourne's level we might not have to imagine. It just might become reality.

Pandemonium

#15 Post by Pandemonium » Fri May 18, 2012 9:24 pm

dali wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote: Wow.

With Etty involved at or more than Sharon Osbourne's level we might not have to imagine. It just might become reality.
I don't think Etty runs every facet of Perry's career and personal life anywhere close to the extent Sharon does with Ozzy. Sharon is clearly in the drivers seat, more like an overbearing mother than a wife. Perry may let Etty indulge her desire to be an "artist" to the point she is a fringe member of Janes but she has now where near the power over her spouses career Sharon does. And despite the fact that Sharon is one of the most loathed people in the music industry, she *is* a canny business person and there's no denying she's a big part of the continued financial success of the Osbourne name.

sinep

#16 Post by sinep » Sat May 19, 2012 4:27 am

Pandemonium wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:

i think everybody would also be complaining though if they made everybody in the band 85, or however old they are.

it's a video game, it's not suppose to make sense.

Hype

#17 Post by Hype » Sat May 19, 2012 2:38 pm

sinep wrote:suppose to
:neutral:

sinep

#18 Post by sinep » Sat May 19, 2012 5:45 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:
sinep wrote:suppose to
:neutral:
if you ever come to california, i'll let you follow me around at 4:27am correcting my drunk grammar.

Hype

#19 Post by Hype » Sat May 19, 2012 6:06 pm

But I'm doing just fine correcting your grammar from right here.

sinep

#20 Post by sinep » Sun May 20, 2012 2:16 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:But I'm doing just fine correcting your grammar from right here.
ya, you do a good job, but this forum is only 1/1,000,000th of my life. think about all the grammar mistakes you miss by having such limited exposure to me.

Hype

#21 Post by Hype » Sun May 20, 2012 11:55 am

sinep wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:But I'm doing just fine correcting your grammar from right here.
ya, you do a good job, but this forum is only 1/1,000,000th of my life. think about all the grammar mistakes you miss by having such limited exposure to me.
You can't apply lessons?

Tyler Durden

#22 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun May 20, 2012 12:50 pm

Adurentibus Spina (aka Hypersonic): Ruining threads since 2002. :balls:

Pandemonium

#23 Post by Pandemonium » Sun May 20, 2012 2:39 pm

There's already a ton of videos up on YouTube from last night's show. Here's a couple:

Band and Ozzy sound a bit tentative and shakey at times, but overall, not bad. And I'd never thought I'd see a Black Sabbath audience (esp in 2012) rock harder than a Janes audience.

Essence_Smith

#24 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon May 21, 2012 8:41 am

Pandemonium wrote:And despite the fact that Sharon is one of the most loathed people in the music industry, she *is* a canny business person and there's no denying she's a big part of the continued financial success of the Osbourne name.
:nod:
And probably the only reason Ozzy's still alive at this point... :lol:
Hasn't she been his manager for decades now though??? If memory serves she took over her father's spot as Sabbath's manager back in the days, no?

Matz

#25 Post by Matz » Mon May 21, 2012 9:43 am

yeah, since the early 80's I think. I think Ozzy at that time really, really was selfdestructing and everybody thought he was finished. But she believed in him and knew what a great entertainer and songwriter he was and helped him find Randy Rhoads I guess and the rest is history.