The new Dark Knight Rises trailer

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
thoreau

The new Dark Knight Rises trailer

#1 Post by thoreau » Tue May 01, 2012 4:55 am

I find it hard to believe this will disappoint at all.

perkana

Re: The new Dark Knight Rises trailer

#2 Post by perkana » Tue May 01, 2012 6:27 am

:boobs:
I hope he still uses his deep voice...

Matz

#3 Post by Matz » Tue May 01, 2012 6:33 am

not super into these kind of movies but this one does look too cool to miss

Pandemonium

#4 Post by Pandemonium » Tue May 01, 2012 12:14 pm

When I heard they were using the "Bane" character and then saw some photos from the set where the actor looked kinda shrimpy and the costume pretty goofy, I thought Chris Nolan had lost his mind. But there's a lot in this trailer that looks cool as fuck and I'm back to looking forward to this movie. But Prometheus is the movie I really wanna see on day one this year.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#5 Post by Hokahey » Tue May 01, 2012 2:58 pm

Pandemonium wrote:But Prometheus is the movie I really wanna see on day one this year.
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

creep
Site Admin

#6 Post by creep » Tue May 01, 2012 3:07 pm

am i the only person that didn't like any of the batman movies? i can only think of one or two superhero movies that i really enjoyed. off the top of my head one of the spiderman and xmen movies.

i really am the biggest girl when it comes to movies. i'm not afraid to admit that i like romantic comedies and hate horror movies. :ele:

Matz

#7 Post by Matz » Tue May 01, 2012 3:37 pm

you're not the only male around here that aint a huge Batman fan, but you could be the only one that favors romantic comedies. :lol: that's a pretty brave thing to admit, not that there's anything wrong with it :bigrin:

Tyler Durden

#8 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue May 01, 2012 3:58 pm

Christopher Nolan's Batman franchise is the most overrated thing to ever come down the pike. They're decent films (6 or 7 out of 10) but they're not masterpieces. And these films take themselves WAY too seriously; comic book films should have a sense of fun about them, not some dark pretentious update of Blade Runner with all of the ingenuity sucked out.

Bane looks too homoerotic, Anne Hathaway is not a femme fatale, and Christian Bale (while a great actor) sounds ridiculous doing his Batman voice.

Count me in for Prometheus and Django Unchained. :rockon:

Essence_Smith

#9 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue May 01, 2012 4:28 pm

Comic book based films are VERY tough to pull off imo...usually there's such a huge amount of story to pull from its hard to figure out which angle to pull from...Superman and Batman alone are damn near 80 years old and out of that 80 years what stories do you use? Do you go campy, serious etc? I can't imagine that being an easy undertaking...then you have the visual aspects to deal with, which actors can pull the parts off, etc...that being said I think the latest Batman franchise is great, definitely not overrated esp. considering all the things I've mentioned...I think they struck a nice balance and while there are definitely things I dislike about the films they're by no means bad movies by any stretch of the imagination, if all we can really pick on is Christian Bale's voice in the costume (which is actually consistent with the comics) then I think we're nitpicking at that point...now the Spiderman flicks from the 70's are a totally different story... :hehe:

chaos

#10 Post by chaos » Tue May 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:Comic book based films are VERY tough to pull off imo...usually there's such a huge amount of story to pull from its hard to figure out which angle to pull from...Superman and Batman alone are damn near 80 years old and out of that 80 years what stories do you use? Do you go campy, serious etc?
The trailer for The Dark Rises looks interesting. I haven't seen many of these types of films since I assume they won't be very good. I saw Batman and didn't care for it. I think it was the first one; Michael Keaton was Batman. The Dark Knight was just okay. Although I like Christian Bale, his performance was unmemorable. However, I liked the first Iron Man movie with Robert Downey, Jr.

perkana

#11 Post by perkana » Tue May 01, 2012 5:44 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:Christopher Nolan's Batman franchise is the most overrated thing to ever come down the pike. They're decent films (6 or 7 out of 10) but they're not masterpieces. And these films take themselves WAY too seriously; comic book films should have a sense of fun about them, not some dark pretentious update of Blade Runner with all of the ingenuity sucked out.

Bane looks too homoerotic, Anne Hathaway is not a femme fatale, and Christian Bale (while a great actor) sounds ridiculous doing his Batman voice.

Count me in for Prometheus and Django Unchained. :rockon:
I love the Batman voice...seriously :boobs:
And I think they are fun movies with a lot of British wit in my opinion :noclue:

perkana

#12 Post by perkana » Tue May 01, 2012 5:46 pm

chaos wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:Comic book based films are VERY tough to pull off imo...usually there's such a huge amount of story to pull from its hard to figure out which angle to pull from...Superman and Batman alone are damn near 80 years old and out of that 80 years what stories do you use? Do you go campy, serious etc?
The trailer for The Dark Rises looks interesting. I haven't seen many of these types of films since I assume they won't be very good. I saw Batman and didn't care for it. I think it was the first one; Michael Keaton was Batman. The Dark Knight was just okay. Although I like Christian Bale, his performance was unmemorable. However, I liked the first Iron Man movie with Robert Downey, Jr.
You are comparing different series chaos, the first Batman you saw was Tim Burton's. We are talking about Nolan's Batman with Christian Bale. I liked Batman the beginning, but Heath Ledger stole Bale's thunder, but it was ok with me.

Tyler Durden

#13 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue May 01, 2012 5:47 pm

As far as recent comic book adaptations go, I'd say Iron Man (the first one) and Kick-Ass are the best of the lot.

Thor was also very good. Still have to watch X-Men: First Class (it's sitting on my hard drive).

creep
Site Admin

#14 Post by creep » Tue May 01, 2012 6:01 pm

i'm in seattle and they have this guy here that dresses up as a superhero. today they are having may day protests and i just watched video of this this guy confront some protesters breaking windows.

Tyler Durden

#15 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue May 01, 2012 6:06 pm

creep wrote:i'm in seattle and they have this guy here that dresses up as a superhero. today they are having may day protests and i just watched video of this this guy confront some protesters breaking windows.

That's "Phoenix Jones".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Jones

chaos

#16 Post by chaos » Tue May 01, 2012 6:18 pm

perkana wrote:
chaos wrote:
You are comparing different series chaos, the first Batman you saw was Tim Burton's. We are talking about Nolan's Batman with Christian Bale. I liked Batman the beginning, but Heath Ledger stole Bale's thunder, but it was ok with me.
I was just talking about comic book-based films in general; I do not have much of an interest in them.

If I were to compare actors from the Burton and Nolan series, I would have to say that I prefer Bale's Batman (but that is not saying much). Remember, I have only seen one film from each series. :lol:

Pandemonium

#17 Post by Pandemonium » Tue May 01, 2012 8:20 pm

chaos wrote:If I were to compare actors from the Burton and Nolan series, I would have to say that I prefer Bale's Batman (but that is not saying much). Remember, I have only seen one film from each series. :lol:
IMO, Bale has done the best job in the Batman role although I think the first movie, "Batman Begins" really falls apart in the last 3rd of the movie. I like bits of Tim Burton's 2 Batman movies (but hated some of the weird campy bs) but I thought casting Michael Keaton in the role was a huge mistake. The 3rd and 4th 90's Batman movies are pretty awful.

Pandemonium

#18 Post by Pandemonium » Tue May 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
creep wrote:i'm in seattle and they have this guy here that dresses up as a superhero. today they are having may day protests and i just watched video of this this guy confront some protesters breaking windows.

That's "Phoenix Jones".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Jones
Is this guy's headgear supposed to look kinda like Daffy Duck?