Buh Bye, Black Crows

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Pandemonium

Buh Bye, Black Crows

#1 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:48 pm

Not a huge fan, pretty much lost interest after the 4th album and the lineup changes started happening but I thought the reasoning behind the (latest) break-up was kind of amusing:

(press release)

AFTER 24 YEARS RICH ROBINSON SAYS THE BLACK CROWES ARE NO MORE
The Black Crowes, the highly influential, critically and commercially successful band has disbanded, per an announcement today from founding member Rich Robinson. Robinson, the group’s guitarist and songwriter, founded the band with his brother Chris in their hometown of Marietta, GA. Their first album, Shake Your Money Maker, yielded multiple hit singles and has been RIAA certified as a multiplatinum (over 5 million) seller. Their follow up, The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion is, likewise, multiplatinum and rose to #1 on Billboard’s Top 100 Album Chart. The group’s catalog also includes additional RIAA- certified releases, including the critically acclaimed Amorica, By Your Side and a live collaboration with Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page.

Rich Robinson released a statement concerning the band’s conclusion in which he states, "It is with great disappointment and regret that after having the privilege of writing and performing the music of The Black Crowes over the last 24 years, I find myself in the position of saying that the band has broken up."

His statement continues, "I hold my time with the Black Crowes with the utmost respect and sincerest appreciation. It is a huge swath of my life's body of work. I couldn't be more proud of what we accomplished and deeply moved by the relationships people created and maintained with my music. That alone is the greatest honor of being a musician. I love my brother and respect his talent but his present demand that I must give up my equal share of the band and that our drummer for 28 years and original partner, Steve Gorman, relinquish 100% of his share, reducing him to a salaried employee, is not something I could agree to."

Robinson concludes, "There are so many people who have helped and supported us along the way. I want to give a heartfelt thank you to all of our fans, our friends behind the scenes, and to everyone who was a part of The Black Crowes.”

perkana

Re: Buh Bye, Black Crows

#2 Post by perkana » Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:44 pm

I still love playing their show with Jimmy at The Greek. Another band I never got to see live :nyrexall:

kv

#3 Post by kv » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:35 pm

Bye to the black crowes as well

JOEinPHX

#4 Post by JOEinPHX » Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:20 am

If The Black Crowes are going to break up, I think it's only fair if the universe sees to it that Oasis gets back together.

Pandemonium

#5 Post by Pandemonium » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:20 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:If The Black Crowes are going to break up, I think it's only fair if the universe sees to it that Oasis gets back together.
Doesn't Noel Gallagher have a solo album coming out soon?

Xizen47

#6 Post by Xizen47 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:57 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:If The Black Crowes are going to break up, I think it's only fair if the universe sees to it that Oasis gets back together.
Trade one shitty band for another :hs:

Artemis

#7 Post by Artemis » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:06 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Doesn't Noel Gallagher have a solo album coming out soon?
Yes. March 2nd.

Here's one of the new tunes- a collaberation with Johnny Marr.

I like the Black Crowes but haven't followed what they've been doing for many years.
I saw them a couple of times in the 90s and in 2001(i think).

Matz

#8 Post by Matz » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:29 pm

that'll happen within 5 years, guaranteed. Way too much money involved to leave that alone

Juana

#9 Post by Juana » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:51 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Not a huge fan, pretty much lost interest after the 4th album and the lineup changes started happening but I thought the reasoning behind the (latest) break-up was kind of amusing:

(press release)

AFTER 24 YEARS RICH ROBINSON SAYS THE BLACK CROWES ARE NO MORE
The Black Crowes, the highly influential, critically and commercially successful band has disbanded, per an announcement today from founding member Rich Robinson. Robinson, the group’s guitarist and songwriter, founded the band with his brother Chris in their hometown of Marietta, GA. Their first album, Shake Your Money Maker, yielded multiple hit singles and has been RIAA certified as a multiplatinum (over 5 million) seller. Their follow up, The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion is, likewise, multiplatinum and rose to #1 on Billboard’s Top 100 Album Chart. The group’s catalog also includes additional RIAA- certified releases, including the critically acclaimed Amorica, By Your Side and a live collaboration with Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page.

Rich Robinson released a statement concerning the band’s conclusion in which he states, "It is with great disappointment and regret that after having the privilege of writing and performing the music of The Black Crowes over the last 24 years, I find myself in the position of saying that the band has broken up."

His statement continues, "I hold my time with the Black Crowes with the utmost respect and sincerest appreciation. It is a huge swath of my life's body of work. I couldn't be more proud of what we accomplished and deeply moved by the relationships people created and maintained with my music. That alone is the greatest honor of being a musician. I love my brother and respect his talent but his present demand that I must give up my equal share of the band and that our drummer for 28 years and original partner, Steve Gorman, relinquish 100% of his share, reducing him to a salaried employee, is not something I could agree to."

Robinson concludes, "There are so many people who have helped and supported us along the way. I want to give a heartfelt thank you to all of our fans, our friends behind the scenes, and to everyone who was a part of The Black Crowes.”
So basically Chris is trying to pull an Axl eh? One of my favorite live shows, they would always bring it.

Essence_Smith

#10 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:18 pm

I was in a band with two brothers...it was a tough gig...I like the Crowes a lot, but this is OLD ass news...them boys have been broken up for years now...

JOEinPHX

#11 Post by JOEinPHX » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:02 pm

Xizen47 wrote:
Trade one shitty band for another :hs:
Bite your tongue, sir. :flip: