New Kings Of Leon single or "The breakdown of Tyler Durden"

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
SR

Re: New Kings Of Leon single or "The breakdown of Tyler Durd

#151 Post by SR » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:18 am

NYrexall knows though?

kv

#152 Post by kv » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:29 am

hokahey wrote:
NYRexall wrote:HOKA POST THE PRIVATE MESSAGE TRANSCRIPTS
I considered it before it was even requested, but that just seems like bad form on my part. Although I did already summarize them, Private Messages are assumed ...private. I don't think it's right I do that, especially as an admin. People should be able to trust our messages are private.
ya that wouldn't be cool...funny but not cool

Jasper

#153 Post by Jasper » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:58 am

Holy shit, this thread. :yikes:

Dayum.

Japhy

#154 Post by Japhy » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:56 pm

Juana wrote:Having watched this thread happen in real time, its still hilarious reading back thru it.
Too right. One of the best threads in ages. It went gold so damn fast!

creep
Site Admin

#155 Post by creep » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:58 pm

most probably have no idea this happened because why would they click on a kings of leon thread??? i only looked because of so many replies.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#156 Post by Hokahey » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:10 pm

creep wrote:most probably have no idea this happened because why would they click on a kings of leon thread??? i only looked because of so many replies.
Thats why I updated the thread title. lol

creep
Site Admin

#157 Post by creep » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:13 pm

hokahey wrote:
creep wrote:most probably have no idea this happened because why would they click on a kings of leon thread??? i only looked because of so many replies.
:lol:

chaos

#158 Post by chaos » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:57 pm

hokahey wrote:

I imagine the PMs/emails you get now should be interesting.

Juana

#159 Post by Juana » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Yeah it was the perfect storm of TD being angry, KV threadjack-troll, Art having a few drinks and having fun. At one point it got so salty that I wanted TD to change the name of the thread to "salt-ville" or Mortons. :lolol: :lol:

It still baffles my mind with how much we all bash bands and go back and forth it was Kings Of Leon that did him in. At least if you're going to break down like that do it for a band that is really worth it.

kv

#160 Post by kv » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:15 pm

i am not a troll!

oh wait...yes i am

Juana

#161 Post by Juana » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:23 pm

You sensed the blood in the water, it didn't start as a troll but it certainly turned into a very hilarious one

kv

#162 Post by kv » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:26 pm

i always get blamed when people go off the deep end

creep
Site Admin

#163 Post by creep » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:30 pm

sometimes it's fun to fuck with the insecure a little bit. zdilla was always one that one stupid comment would put him over the edge. six7 and larry take a lot (of well deserved) shit but they just give it right back without the personal attacks. this was fun.

Juana

#164 Post by Juana » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:31 pm

Not your fault he flipped out dude was obviously building to that level, but I'm glad I got to be entertained by it all in real time. Honestly we haven't had a great flip out on the board in a while we were due one.

We know what can push each other's buttons at this point of being on these boards for so long, its just fun when someone forgets that.

kv

#165 Post by kv » Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:41 pm

i wasn't really even trying is whats funny...i showed huge restraint...or so i thought

blackula

#166 Post by blackula » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:00 pm

Fuck this thread, I just listened to the song because I guess it the was right thing to do after reading all this. I got to the 42 second mark and tapped out. I tried to make it to the chorus but once the dude repeated that one line I had to stop. Go KV. That song is fucking horrendous.

creep
Site Admin

#167 Post by creep » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:11 pm

blackula wrote:Fuck this thread, I just listened to the song because I guess it the was right thing to do after reading all this. I got to the 42 second mark and tapped out. I tried to make it to the chorus but once the dude repeated that one line I had to stop. Go KV. That song is fucking horrendous.
damn it you made me feel guilty so i listened. i listened until they started singing and gave up. it's just not my type of music. i know nothing about the music of these guys but i remember watching a documentary on them on showtime and i remember thinking that they were kind of dicks.

LJF

#168 Post by LJF » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:11 pm

I don't get how people can't control themselves and need someone to shut the down. There was some serious rage building for the past few weeks.

And I was going ask if he is a tragically hip fan because I think it's every Canadians birth right. My wife dragged me to one of their concerts it was fucking awful. She's from Buffalo, she might as well be Canadian.

Artemis

#169 Post by Artemis » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:23 pm

LJF wrote:I
And I was going ask if he is a tragically hip fan because I think it's every Canadians birth right. My wife dragged me to one of their concerts it was fucking awful. She's from Buffalo, she might as well be Canadian.

I don't know if he's a Tragically Hip fan or not, but many, many Canadians do love "The Hip" . They're not my fave band, but I do like some songs. Been to a few of their concerts in the past.

So, Buffalo is home of the Goo Goo Dolls, isn't it? I think they are playing a show here soon with Matchbox 20.

creep
Site Admin

#170 Post by creep » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:26 pm

Artemis wrote:
So, Buffalo is home of the Goo Goo Dolls, isn't it? I think they are playing a show here soon with Matchbox 20.
no doubt tyler will be there

kv

#171 Post by kv » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:43 pm

LJF wrote:I don't get how people can't control themselves and need someone to shut the down. There was some serious rage building for the past few weeks.
i can't say i get it either but i had creep deactivate me last year...i lasted like 1 month lol.....it's such a waste when i see how many posts i have on a band site of a band i can't stand and here i am trolling people in a kings of leon threads or a what i ate for lunch thread....it's gets to the point of "wait a minute, I am prob the one outa line...people are happy as a whole with mundane threads" but this place and the people are very addicting ...it's a habit and ironically, as a non addictive personality...i've kicked cold turkey my whole life, i felt it easier to just say "hey creep pull the plug on me" which i would have never done if i didn't "know" creep or been around these parts forever and if he had straight shut my account down like i wanted i would have never come back...but he played me like a fiddle and i was back in a month with a simple password change (which is what should be done to anyone who wants to leave)

i'm old so i def know what is was like without this box on my desk...and i seemed a lot more productive tbh...now it seems like i am most productive when i get in my car and drive away from my box on my desk :lolol: and the world would prob be a better place if i could control my sass but i have had no luck controlling my mouth...people have told me i am the type of person who would be quiet as a church mouse offline...when in fact i've always been the kind of guy who will say the same stupid shit online or in your face even if it means i end up with a black eye :noclue: and i am pretty sure i have learned my lesson of trying to leave this place so if you aren't used to me yet :flip: but i never wanna see people quit a site they enjoy because of my lip...so i do hope tyler finds his way back here

Artemis

#172 Post by Artemis » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:04 pm

kv wrote:..it's such a waste when i see how many posts i have on a band site of a band i can't stand and here i am trolling people in a kings of leon threads or a what i ate for lunch thread....it's gets to the point of "wait a minute, I am prob the one outa line...people are happy as a whole with mundane threads" but this place and the people are very addicting ...
the mundane threads are the best, imho. i'm not just saying that because i happen to make most of those mundane threads either. :lol:

chaos

#173 Post by chaos » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:19 pm

kv wrote: i never wanna see people quit a site they enjoy because of my lip
Don't worry, you didn't say anything to warrant it. My God, he went psycho after Artemis simply said she didn't like KOL - so if anything it is her fault. :lol: (j/k) Considering all of the craziness, I could not tell whether he was serious when he said that she emasculated him. :confused: :noclue:

farrellgirl99

#174 Post by farrellgirl99 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:37 pm

chaos wrote:
Don't worry, you didn't say anything to warrant it. My God, he went psycho after Artemis simply said she didn't like KOL - so if anything it is her fault. :lol: (j/k) Considering all of the craziness, I could not tell whether he was serious when he said that she emasculated him. :confused: :noclue:
the emasculation line was my favorite. :lol: like, what?! :confused:

MYXYLPLYX

#175 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:40 pm

farrellgirl99 wrote:
chaos wrote:
the emasculation line was my favorite. :lol: like, what?! :confused:

See, that was my red flag too.

Not to get all armchair psyche here, but you gotta wonder if he recently broke up with his s/o, or was having trouble with a female boss at work?

I mean, I don't know why else someone would react like he did on an internet message board without something more going on off line to precipitate it? :hs: :crazy: