RHCP

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
SR

Re: RHCP

#251 Post by SR » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:01 pm

blackcoffee wrote:
SR wrote:With all due respect to BC.....I don't understand the rivalry thing where Jane's and the Chilis are concerned.

Both LA bands.....the Chilis in 83 then Jane's in 85-86.

The Chilis have been prolific, love it or hate it, and Jane's impotent....for the most part.

I wish them both well....but over 20 years I adore the Pepps and regret Jane's......for a million reasons.

But hey, they are both trying

:rockon:
I wasn't referring to any rivalries between the Chili Peppers and Jane's. More I was stating that I don't often level any criticism at Jane's or participate in the pages and pages we find here of people lamenting what they are now. I meant I was in the Jane's camp and hoping for the best in terms of their success and creative output. But the RHCP video gave me pause. While it is similar to many out there, it is inspired by a local LA artist who designed record covers back in the early days and that serves as a cohesive element. And I think it works. Simple, yet it has more gravitas/substance/soul than what we recently saw from Jane's
All true. :tiphat: I think I just took yr post in the greater context here where the two bands are concerned. :noclue:

Kajicat

#252 Post by Kajicat » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:22 pm

Anthony Kiedis is great. Always enjoyed his stuff no matter what he looks like (although I do prefer the long black hair) :thumb:

Matz

#253 Post by Matz » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:54 am

if anyone's interested you can download shows from their current tour on Redhotchilipeppers.com, just got an email about it. At first I thought it was free but of course not, what was I thinkin, nothing's for free at that site.

SR

#254 Post by SR » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:32 am

First dates in North America.....morre to follow.

01/25 Charlotte, NC | Time Warner Cable Arena
01/27 Raleigh, NC | RBC Center
01/28 Columbia, SC | Colonial Life Arena
01/30 Duluth, GA | Gwinnett
01/31 Greensboro, NC | Greensboro Coliseum
02/03 Memphis, TN | FedEx Forum

JOEinPHX

#255 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:44 pm

Matz wrote:if anyone's interested you can download shows from their current tour on Redhotchilipeppers.com, just got an email about it. At first I thought it was free but of course not, what was I thinkin, nothing's for free at that site.
What is it with all the RHCP fans complaining about the price?

Literally like every single thing i read on that page was from fans going:

"9.99? For a digital download? That is way too much. How are we expected to pay that with so many shows available? Are we expected to buy them all?"

This is something Pearl Jam has been doing for like 12 years and fans foam at the mouth to collect the best shows of the tour, the longest shows of the tour, the shows they went to, etc...

Why are PJ fans so much more willing to fork over 10 bucks while RHCP fans just complain?

Tyler Durden

#256 Post by Tyler Durden » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:50 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Matz wrote:if anyone's interested you can download shows from their current tour on Redhotchilipeppers.com, just got an email about it. At first I thought it was free but of course not, what was I thinkin, nothing's for free at that site.
What is it with all the RHCP fans complaining about the price?

Literally like every single thing i read on that page was from fans going:

"9.99? For a digital download? That is way too much. How are we expected to pay that with so many shows available? Are we expected to buy them all?"

This is something Pearl Jam has been doing for like 12 years and fans foam at the mouth to collect the best shows of the tour, the longest shows of the tour, the shows they went to, etc...

Why are PJ fans so much more willing to fork over 10 bucks while RHCP fans just complain?
I was thinking the same thing.

JOEinPHX

#257 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Pandemonium wrote:Janes + Chili Peppers 2012 North America arena tour. Place your bets.
Not a chance in hell that is going to happen.

Perry would never allow Jane's to be an opening band at this point in his life. He thinks, unrealistically, they are super accomplished and a huge headliner. In his mind Jane's is big enough to sell out arenas.

Expect something more like Jane's/Pumpkins, but even then I don't think Corgan is going to shorten his 2 hour set to help Jane's not look like the half-assed ripoff they are.

Maybe a tour with 2 new bands.

Jane's/Temper Trap/Crystal Castles

Something where they can assert their alt rock throne by taking on 2 newer bands who are most likely influenced by Jane's and would bring in a decent crowd to a playhouse sized venue.

Tyler Durden

#258 Post by Tyler Durden » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:01 pm

Six7Six7 wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:Janes + Chili Peppers 2012 North America arena tour. Place your bets.
Not a chance in hell that is going to happen.

Perry would never allow Jane's to be an opening band at this point in his life. He thinks, unrealistically, they are super accomplished and a huge headliner. In his mind Jane's is big enough to sell out arenas.

Expect something more like Jane's/Pumpkins, but even then I don't think Corgan is going to shorten his 2 hour set to help Jane's not look like the half-assed ripoff they are.

Maybe a tour with 2 new bands.

Jane's/Temper Trap/Crystal Castles

Something where they can assert their alt rock throne by taking on 2 newer bands who are most likely influenced by Jane's and would bring in a decent crowd to a playhouse sized venue.
Exactly. Even with Eric Avery in their corner and promoting a box set of the classic lineup, there's no way they would have been playing large outdoor venues without Trent Reznor's helping hand.

Perry is delusional. The name "Jane's Addiction" is not held in high esteem among the public as it once was (thanks mostly to Perry)...and especially not following their latest studio effort.

SR

#259 Post by SR » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:03 pm

by SR » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:53 am

Ak isn't going to have a relapsing dn on a tour. Not to mention what has become of the band. Had ea remained, there would have been a slight possibility. Plus pf has a bad history with people from back in the day who do him favors. Ask Trent and or ea

Ain't gonna happen.

Tyler Durden

#260 Post by Tyler Durden » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:20 pm

SR wrote:Re: RHCP

Ak isn't going to have a relapsing dn on a tour. Not to mention what has become of the band. Had ea remained, there would have been a slight possibility. Plus pf has a bad history with people from back in the day who do him favors. Ask Trent and or ea

Ain't gonna happen.
All of this is true. However...I honestly think Dave attracting more chicks than Anthony is the real reason Dave and RHCP parted ways and why this will never happen. :lol:

I laugh...but I am dead serious.

SR

#261 Post by SR » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:

Ain't gonna happen.
All of this is true. However...I honestly think Dave attracting more chicks than Anthony is the real reason Dave and RHCP parted ways and why this will never happen. :lol:

I've read that here. Who knows really....can't be discussed. What we do know is that AK can fuck just about anyone he wishes to. :boobs:

Tyler Durden

#262 Post by Tyler Durden » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:32 pm

SR wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:

Ain't gonna happen.

I've read that here. Who knows really....can't be discussed. What we do know is that AK can fuck just about anyone he wishes to. :boobs:
So can any other ugly fucker in show business. :lolol:

Warped

#263 Post by Warped » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:06 am

Six7Six7 wrote: Something where they can assert their alt rock throne by taking on 2 newer bands who are most likely influenced by Jane's and would bring in a decent crowd to a playhouse sized venue.
I would be down for that.

Tyler Durden

#264 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:55 pm

So it's official...RHCP will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Juana

#265 Post by Juana » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Good on them they deserve it

ant

#266 Post by ant » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Hey anyone have the live105 presale password for the 2/17 show at Oakland Arena? :wave:

SR

#267 Post by SR » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:52 am

What the fuck is a Kroq "presale"?

Staples is on for February and I'd like a shot at early tix. :noclue:

ant

#268 Post by ant » Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:07 pm

SR wrote:What the fuck is a Kroq "presale"?

Staples is on for February and I'd like a shot at early tix. :noclue:

They should play 2 shows at the Forum instead of Staples. That place is way too big. The Forum is so much better.

kv

#269 Post by kv » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:17 pm

forum sucks ass

SR

#270 Post by SR » Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:59 pm

Yeah, this must have been a calculated decision.

The SA show was a target venue for AK. He mentioned he wanted to play in the place where he grew up watching his idols like Zep, etc.

SR

#271 Post by SR » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:03 pm

:lolol: ^That was the forum he was chatting about. :dunce:

ant

#272 Post by ant » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:56 pm

I saw them at the Forum on the BTW tour. I like that venue. Yeah it's in a shitty part of town but it's still small enough to not really feel like an 'arena' show.

Staples is just too massive. You can't see anything from the cheap seats. Even watching a sporting event sucks there.

kv

#273 Post by kv » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:32 pm

ant wrote:I saw them at the Forum on the BTW tour. I like that venue. Yeah it's in a shitty part of town but it's still small enough to not really feel like an 'arena' show.

Staples is just too massive. You can't see anything from the cheap seats. Even watching a sporting event sucks there.
lies! forum holds like 18,000 people and staples the top seats are closer to the action then the forum plus the top seats at the forum you can't even see the fucking score board for games because the ceiling hangs in front of it and your view....plus it has the worst sound/acoustics

ant

#274 Post by ant » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:22 pm

kv wrote:
ant wrote:I saw them at the Forum on the BTW tour. I like that venue. Yeah it's in a shitty part of town but it's still small enough to not really feel like an 'arena' show.

lies! forum holds like 18,000 people and staples the top seats are closer to the action then the forum plus the top seats at the forum you can't even see the fucking score board for games because the ceiling hangs in front of it and your view....plus it has the worst sound/acoustics
:noclue: OK. I've been to both and prefer the Forum. But you're right they have about the same capacity.

SR

#275 Post by SR » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:36 am

Got tix....VIP box.

4 16 year olds and a dear friend of almost 30 years. Good times. :cool: