Michelle Williams plays Marilyn Monroe

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
chaos

Michelle Williams plays Marilyn Monroe

#1 Post by chaos » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:40 pm

Of all of the actresses, how is it this woman was chosen to play Marilyn Monroe? The reviews of My Week With Marilyn have been fairly positive. I cannot stand Michelle Williams. :jasper: MM is rolling in her grave.

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117946328/

http://community.nytimes.com/rate-revie ... n/overview

Artemis

Re: Michelle Williams plays Marilyn Monroe

#2 Post by Artemis » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:04 pm

I have to agree she is a surprising choice.
The only movie I've seen her in is Wendy and Lucy. Other than that, I can't think what else she's been in. :hs:

creep
Site Admin

#3 Post by creep » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:10 pm

dawsons creek!

sort of an odd choice of an actress to hate

Artemis

#4 Post by Artemis » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:02 pm

oh yeah, i forgot about dawson's creek.

i never watched that show. i don't think even 1 episode.

mockbee

#5 Post by mockbee » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:07 pm

Artemis wrote:I have to agree she is a surprising choice.
The only movie I've seen her in is Wendy and Lucy. Other than that, I can't think what else she's been in. :hs:
dear god.

Lucy!................................................................................Lucy!.............................................[whistle]................................................

..................................................[whistle]......................................................................................................
..........................................................................................Here girl!...................................................

There is the entire script if anyone is interested. :banghead:

chaos

#6 Post by chaos » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:50 pm

I saw her in Brokeback Mountain and Blue Valentine. I wasn't impressed with either of her performances.

Tyler Durden

#7 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:38 am

I don't get the Michelle Williams thing at all. I mean, who the hell did she sleep with in order to start getting work with A-List directors like Ang Lee, Martin Scorcese, and Sam Raimi?! She's not very attractive...even by "normal" people standards, let alone Hollywood standards; I wouldn't do a double take if she was walking down the street...hell, I wouldn't even notice her, period. And as chaos said, her performances haven't been anything special.

Btw, the answer to the question I posed is Heath Ledger. :hehe:

To me, she has that homely Anne Hathaway thing going on. :jasper:

chaos

#8 Post by chaos » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:27 pm

Homely? Image

Anne Hathaway is way more attractive than Michelle Williams (by anyone's standards). I never really cared for her as an actress until I saw her in Rachel Getting Married. I was surprised by how good she was in that movie.

creep
Site Admin

#9 Post by creep » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:56 pm

chaos wrote:Homely? Image

Anne Hathaway is way more attractive than Michelle Williams (by anyone's standards). I never really cared for her as an actress until I saw her in Rachel Getting Married. I was surprised by how good she was in that movie.
yeah that was a great movie and she was really good. she has her moments but i thought she looked really good in that movie too.

i thought michelle williams was cute on dawsons creek....not that i watched that show.

Tyler Durden

#10 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:11 pm

To me, it's all smoke and mirrors (a good makeup artist). When I look at her, I see a dorky, mousey girl with esteem issues. I could easily find a better looking young woman on a college campus in about 5 minutes. I'm just not attracted to her at all.

:jasper:

leviticus

#11 Post by leviticus » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:31 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:

To me, it's all smoke and mirrors (a good makeup artist). When I look at her, I see a dorky, mousey girl with esteem issues. I could easily find a better looking young woman on a college campus in about 5 minutes. I'm just not attracted to her at all.

:jasper:
Her teeth are practically leaping out of her mouth.

Kajicat

#12 Post by Kajicat » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Anne has never done a thing for me. I see more attractive women downtown daily.

perkana

#13 Post by perkana » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:33 am

Artemis wrote:I have to agree she is a surprising choice.
She's been on that Scorcese movie, Shutter Island or something like that? the gay cowboy movie (Brokeback mountain) I think she's a fairly good actress, read in Vanity Fair she's great in this one.
And don't diss on Anne :no: She's been great both times she's hosted SNL. Loved especially the first time in which she portrayed Mary Poppins and when they sang supercalifragilistic, they were talking about an STD she passed to all the guys :lol:
I don't remember the name of the movie, but she was in one with Bijou Phillips and they hang with some Mexican gangsters. That one was ok

blackcoffee

#14 Post by blackcoffee » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:07 pm

Why the hate. She's not bad at all....

lollapaloser

#15 Post by lollapaloser » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:40 pm

I think they're both attractive, I don't understand why they'd cast Michelle Williams as Monroe though.

perkana

#16 Post by perkana » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:03 am

I just can't believe how old Judi Dench looks :sad:

Kajicat

#17 Post by Kajicat » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:30 am

lollapaloser wrote:I think they're both attractive, I don't understand why they'd cast Michelle Williams as Monroe though.
I understand why. Anne looks nothing like Marilyn Monroe. Michelle on the other hand does. If I had to sit through a movie where Anne played Marilyn it would require extreme suspension of disbelief on my part. Michelle might not be as good an actor but at least she visually fits the part (which is enormously important here) and will probably get the job done just fine.

perkana

#18 Post by perkana » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:14 pm

she already did the job and it doesn't look that bad...
Anne was never cast as Marilyn :hs:

JOEinPHX

#19 Post by JOEinPHX » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:06 am

Tyler Durden wrote:I don't get the Michelle Williams thing at all. I mean, who the hell did she sleep with in order to start getting work with A-List directors like Ang Lee, Martin Scorcese, and Sam Raimi?! She's not very attractive...even by "normal" people standards, let alone Hollywood standards; I wouldn't do a double take if she was walking down the street...hell, I wouldn't even notice her, period. And as chaos said, her performances haven't been anything special.

Btw, the answer to the question I posed is Heath Ledger. :hehe:

To me, she has that homely Anne Hathaway thing going on. :jasper:
Maybe it's because she can act?

Perhaps she's talented?

Would you rather have Megan Fox terrible up every good movie on the planet just because she's gorgeous?