The Cure

Discussion regarding other bands, movies, etc.
Artemis

Re: The Cure

#226 Post by Artemis » Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:03 am

phenobarb_bambalam wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:17 pm
Artemis wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:58 am
No luck today! :nyrexall:

I got a code and in the queue with 532 people ahead of me. Then at 10:08 there was a message that popped up about limited availability. My turn came up about 10:20 and nothing was left. I think most of the tickets were sold yesterday.

A second show could be added for Toronto on the 15th. At the moment it's a day off before Montreal.

I'm sure something will come up closer to the date.
So sorry to hear this - it's been nuts, truly. Much of it down to TM's handling of things, which has been nothing short of a fiasco, but the demand overall.

I am certain they will add more dates, but I am also pretty sure tickets will emerge even for the original date. The way they were sold created a feeding frenzy. I think TM will re-list quite a few tickets and a good number will turn up on Twickets. This is is a major tour announced at short notice - they announced the European tour a year in advance - this is 6-7 weeks. Things will move quickly.

Don't give up though. I saw 13 of last year's shows and they've been some of the best I have ever seen from them. The new material is (mostly) stunning live - there is a lushness to the sound that none of the live captures I have head capture. Hang in there.
Good point about the short notice for a major tour announcement; I hadn't thought of thought. It's true for other big concerts, it's minimum 6 months from announcement to when the shows start.

I haven't given up hope. I'll check out Twickets and keep checking Ticketmaster. About 25 years ago, I worked in a hotel booking theatre/sports and room packages and have experience working with Ticketmaster. There are always some tickets held back for various reasons(corporate, AMEX, etc) and if those tickets go unsold/unused they are released on the day of the show. Not always, but most of the time. I've scored some great tickets for concerts that way in the past. I'm only looking for a pair, but would be fine with singles if that's the only way to get tickets.
I don't think Toronto will get a 2nd show on the 15th because TLC and Shaggy are scheduled for Bud Stage. Can those acts still fill a 16 thousand capacity venue?? :mad:

creep
Site Admin

#227 Post by creep » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:30 pm

phenobarb_bambalam

#228 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:44 pm

My predictions: Sacramento (wishful thinking), Portland and either one SoCal or Orlando.

phenobarb_bambalam

#229 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:49 pm

Artemis wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:03 am

I haven't given up hope. I'll check out Twickets and keep checking Ticketmaster. About 25 years ago, I worked in a hotel booking theatre/sports and room packages and have experience working with Ticketmaster. There are always some tickets held back for various reasons(corporate, AMEX, etc) and if those tickets go unsold/unused they are released on the day of the show. Not always, but most of the time. I've scored some great tickets for concerts that way in the past. I'm only looking for a pair, but would be fine with singles if that's the only way to get tickets.
You're spot on. I used to work at a record shop that had a ticketmaster outlet and we'd always cherry pick great seats on the day of the show, when they released them. The system hasn't changed at all and they still release tickets during the days/week before. I am desperate for tickets for Atlanta and San Diego, but since there is travel involved, will need those in advance. I am sure you will be able to find something at short notice. Good luck!

thoreau

#230 Post by thoreau » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:27 am

Just received the following email:

You're getting a partial refund
For your recent order for The Cure, you will receive a partial refund of $5.00 per ticket.

This is all thanks to Robert Smith.

No action is needed on your part. Your tickets are still valid, and your seats have not changed. You will automatically receive this partial refund which is already in process. It's common for this to take 7-10 business days to show up in your bank account

The Cure
Amalie Arena
Thursday, June 29, 2023, at 7PM

Ticketmaster Fan Support

:lol:

phenobarb_bambalam

#231 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:20 am

"The Cure Tried to Stop Scalpers. Brokers Are Selling Entire Ticketmaster Accounts Instead"

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxjqz4/ ... ts-instead

Remarkable/nuts.

thoreau

#232 Post by thoreau » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:11 pm

Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:20 am
"The Cure Tried to Stop Scalpers. Brokers Are Selling Entire Ticketmaster Accounts Instead"

https://www.vice.com/en/article/wxjqz4/ ... ts-instead

Remarkable/nuts.
Entire accounts? Sheesh, that's wild.

phenobarb_bambalam

#233 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:19 pm

It's insane. It really is. There's just no going back from this. I went to hundreds of shows as a teenager because they were accessible....affordable. That's gone forever.

Artemis

#234 Post by Artemis » Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:52 pm

Another show was added on June 6th at Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre in Englewood, CO.

I didn't notice other places yet.

phenobarb_bambalam

#235 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:10 pm

That Denver date on 6/6 is one of the original 30 - have they added a second date?

Artemis

#236 Post by Artemis » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:57 pm

Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:10 pm
That Denver date on 6/6 is one of the original 30 - have they added a second date?
On one of The Cure Facebook groups I'm in, I saw-or thought I saw- a second CO date. I must have misread it.

phenobarb_bambalam

#237 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:25 pm

My jaw just dropped for a moment when I saw that - since it seemed quite random as a location for a a second date. And especially since CO is one of three states that seem to hug scalpers, it would have been surprising for them to go out of their way to cater there. I think they'll mostly/all be West Coast. Not that that helps you. Good luck on Friday, assuming you will be trying for a genuine resale.

Xizen47

#238 Post by Xizen47 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:37 am

Artemis wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:52 pm
Another show was added on June 6th at Fiddler's Green Amphitheatre in Englewood, CO.

My wife and I are flying in to Denver on the 6th for the 3 King Gizzard shows at Red Rocks, going to try and make this :rockon:

Artemis

#239 Post by Artemis » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:36 pm

Xizen47 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:37 am
Artemis wrote:

My wife and I are flying in to Denver on the 6th for the 3 King Gizzard shows at Red Rocks, going to try and make this :rockon:
Excellent! Hope you get tickets! :rockon:

Artemis

#240 Post by Artemis » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:41 pm

Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:25 pm
My jaw just dropped for a moment when I saw that - since it seemed quite random as a location for a a second date. And especially since CO is one of three states that seem to hug scalpers, it would have been surprising for them to go out of their way to cater there. I think they'll mostly/all be West Coast. Not that that helps you. Good luck on Friday, assuming you will be trying for a genuine resale.
I'm going to give it a try tomorrow on Ticketmaster and check Twickets. I haven't seen any recent posts from Robert Smith about it yet. If I fail again, I'll console myself with some Nick Cave tickets for October.

thoreau

#241 Post by thoreau » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:37 pm

Xizen47 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:37 am
Artemis wrote:

Nice! Fingers crossed for tickets and hope the Red Rocks shows are great! I've always wanted to see a show there.

thoreau

#242 Post by thoreau » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:38 pm

Artemis wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:41 pm
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:25 pm
I'm going to give it a try tomorrow on Ticketmaster and check Twickets. I haven't seen any recent posts from Robert Smith about it yet. If I fail again, I'll console myself with some Nick Cave tickets for October.
All fingers and toes crossed, Artemis. This has been crazy!

phenobarb_bambalam

#243 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:09 pm

thoreau wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:38 pm
All fingers and toes crossed, Artemis. This has been crazy!
Echoing this sentiment - good luck.

Artemis

#244 Post by Artemis » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:09 pm

Thanks, guys!

I found info on the Ticketmaster site about how the Fan-to-Fan face value exchange works but I do not understand Twickets.

If Ticketmaster tickets aren't transferrable , how could someone buy or sell from Twickets?? That would entail a transfer from Ticketmaster to Twickets, no? :confused: :dunce:

phenobarb_bambalam

#245 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:50 pm

I don't know this as fact, but more so a case of cobbling together pieces of information.

It's my understanding that Ticketmaster hold control of the tickets. The whole thing about Friday is that they will unlock people's ability to transfer tickets. Whether that's from their own site, or elsewhere. That part I think is pretty clear from RS's tweets, if nothing else. The thing I am cobbling together than TM will only allow tickets to be be transferred to site which operate on a "face value" basic. As a platform, Twickets will only let a seller post tickets at face value - so there isn't an option to inflate.

This may be wrong, but it's the only thing that makes sense to me. I bought a ticket via Twickets last year (oddly enough, for The Cure) - it was a printable ticket and had the original buyer's name on it. So they become the conduit. Also, I have tickets to sell, so if I learn anything of value as a seller, I'll relay the information.

FWIW - I will be in a frenzy looking for Atlanta and Sad Diego tickets. If I see a Toronto ticket anywhere reliable, I will let you know. Though I don't expect anything that pops up to last long.

Artemis

#246 Post by Artemis » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:48 am

Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:50 pm

The whole thing about Friday is that they will unlock people's ability to transfer tickets. Whether that's from their own site, or elsewhere. That part I think is pretty clear from RS's tweets, if nothing else. The thing I am cobbling together than TM will only allow tickets to be be transferred to site which operate on a "face value" basic. As a platform, Twickets will only let a seller post tickets at face value - so there isn't an option to inflate.

FWIW - I will be in a frenzy looking for Atlanta and Sad Diego tickets. If I see a Toronto ticket anywhere reliable, I will let you know. Though I don't expect anything that pops up to last long.
I was missing the piece about TM unlocking ability to transfer and partnering with face value sites like Twickets. That makes more sense to me now.

Of course, I have an appointment at 10am and will likely miss when the tickets become available. :eyes: :lol:

Bonne chance with ATL & SD!

phenobarb_bambalam

#247 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:49 am

I am not sure that anything that may happen today is timed like the on-sales, so it may or may not be at 10am local time. I fear it may be more a case of obsessive checking, for those inclined.

Merci.

thoreau

#248 Post by thoreau » Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:43 am

That's how I understand the ticket exchange process too, but it is really really confusing.

Best of luck, pals!

phenobarb_bambalam

#249 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:59 pm

thoreau wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:43 am
Best of luck, pals!
Thanks...it's finally live now.

Artemis - one ticket for Toronto available now. Wheelchair. Not suggesting you want it, but it's working for your show.

Saw two for ATL...went to grab them. Then gone. So frustrating. Keep at it.

phenobarb_bambalam

#250 Post by phenobarb_bambalam » Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:22 pm

They're randomly popping up for various shows now...slowly. Vancouver (for which they have actually released a bunch of standard seats). Phoenix. Etc.