Girl Scouts Destroying Family Values

#1 Post by chaos » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:34 pm

I wonder what Mr. Morris has to say about the Boy Scouts. :eyes: :lol:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/201 ... ily-values
Indiana Lawmaker Says Girl Scouts Are Destroying 'American Family Values'
02:40 pm
February 21, 2012
by MARK MEMMOTT

Saying that the Girl Scouts is a "radicalized organization" that promotes "homosexual lifestyles" and is aligned with honorary president Michelle Obama's "pro-abortion" viewpoint, an Indiana state legislator has told his fellow Republicans he can't support a proclamation honoring the organization's 100th anniversary.

And now, Fort Wayne Rep. Bob Morris' position and the letter he sent other legislators has gone "viral," the local Journal Gazette reports. http://www.theindychannel.com/download/ ... 502287.pdf

The proclamation, as the newspapers says, "applauded the group 'for the strong positive influence it has had on the American woman.' "

But Morris, saying he "did a small amount of web-based research," claims to have found that the Girl Scouts has "a close strategic affiliation with Planned Parenthood." He makes that assertion even as he concedes "you will not find evidence of this on the [Girl Scouts'] website — in fact, the websites of these two organizations explicitly deny funding Planned Parenthood."

All in all, according to Morris, the Girl Scouts is an organization that's "been subverted in the name of liberal progressive politics and the destruction of traditional American family values."

As for the Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana [sic], it has a "what we stand for" webpage here. On the specific issue of sexuality, it states that both the national Girl Scouts and the state chapter "believe that issues related to human sexuality and reproductive health are best left to parents or guardians to discuss with their daughters."

guysmiley

Re: Girl Scouts Destroying Family Values

#2 Post by guysmiley » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:49 am

These people just get worse and worse. I wonder if some of them wear tinfoil hats and believe Obama is listening to their phone calls?

blackcoffee

#3 Post by blackcoffee » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:31 am

Girl Scouts are destroying any semblance of control I feel over thin mints. Those things are minty crack.

SR

#4 Post by SR » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:30 am

blackcoffee wrote:Girl Scouts are destroying any semblance of control I feel over thin mints. Those things are minty crack.
:lolol: , and the chocolate coconut ones too.

chaos

#5 Post by chaos » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:50 pm

blackcoffee wrote:Girl Scouts are destroying any semblance of control I feel over thin mints. Those things are minty crack.

http://newsandtribune.com/local/x843245 ... ible/print
And perhaps worse for Morris, House Speaker Brian Bosma — a social conservative in his own right — openly mocked him by munching on Girl Scout cookies while standing at the speaker’s podium, then passing out Thin Mints to the media.

“I purchased 278 cases of Girl Scout cookies in the last four hours,” Bosma said Tuesday, the day after Morris’ letter came to light.
:lol:

Romeo

#6 Post by Romeo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:22 am

I tell you that Homosexual badge you earn sure is colorful!

Even more than the Abortion badge.