Anonymous Claims Neo-Nazi Links to Republican Ron Paul

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Artemis

Re: Anonymous Claims Neo-Nazi Links to Republican Ron Paul

#61 Post by Artemis » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:57 pm

kv wrote:
Artemis wrote: When I was 17 I had a part-time job at the Second Cup and got fired because of my appearance(I had dread locks in 1984).
pic or it didn't happen
sadly, i do no longer have pics from that time. too many moves and stuff getting lost.

i know a couple of people who have pics but we lost touch years ago.

kv

#62 Post by kv » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:04 pm

can NOT picture you with dreads

Artemis

#63 Post by Artemis » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:22 pm

kv wrote:can NOT picture you with dreads
well, that was almost 30 years ago! :yikes:

the dreads started by accident. i had a perm failure. i was trying to get ringletty curls but instead i got fuzzy waves. the hair started to mat up because i wasn't really combing it or picking it. i thought why not let it dread up? i looked like a bag lady with mangy hair for awhile before it started to look good. my methods were probably not conventional. a friend would help me twist and seperate all the time. i also figured the drier the hair the better the hair mats up. i have thick, coarse hair to beging with so it didn't take much to dry it out. also, to help bond the hair my hair would pass a lighter( :crazy: ) to slightly singe the hair, to make it more pliable so that the hair bonds better. i used to get really mixed reactions. people would stop me regularly to ask if i was a rasta,why did i wear my hair like that, some called me a freak, some loved it. a jamaican guy that used to come in the shop had dreads and always say how my dreads were looking better than his. the dreads were of various sizes, but more on the thin to medium side and just past my shoulders. i also had them died like a burgundy/wine colour. eventually i cut them off because i couldn't find a job. if i worked in a creative environment where anything goes it would have been fine. it's funny how back then people with their noses pierced were considered 'freaks', now suburban housewives have their noses pierced and it no longer vioaltes a company's dresscode policy. one place i worked didn't allow: visible piercings, tattoos, or brandings. :lol:

kv

#64 Post by kv » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:51 pm

when i played football start of every year i would cut my hair as short as trimmers would take it...sometimes in my 20's i would do it as well and i would get the craziest reactions to it "what do you think you are a nazi?"..."oh a skin head you think thats cool?" or dirty looks..all for short hair lol times have changed now it's all "what do you mean you don't have any tats?"