Arkansas takes its politics a little too seriously

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
chaos

Arkansas takes its politics a little too seriously

#1 Post by chaos » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:43 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162- ... -its-side/ For those who are interested, there is a picture of the cat included with the article.
January 24, 2012 12:06 PM
Congressional candidate's aide finds cat dead with "Liberal" spray painted on its side

(CBS/AP) LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - The campaign manager for a Democratic congressional hopeful in Arkansas says he found his family's cat slaughtered and the word "liberal" spray painted on its side.
CNN reports candidate Ken Aden told the network on Monday that the cat of Jacob Burris, who works for Aden, was found on Burris' doorstep on Sunday.

Burris was with his four children when they found their dead cat on the porch of his Russellville home. A spokesman with the Russellville Police Department confirmed that Burris had filed a report, but said as of then there were no suspects.

Burris said that he had not received any threats leading up to Sunday's incident. He has worked for Aden in his bid for Arkansas' 3rd Congressional District since the fall.

"What's unsettling to me is that it doesn't matter what your political beliefs are, as grown adults we should be able to sit down and have a good discussion about the issues," Aden said. "This is a great district. There are so many great folks here, but there are also some disturbed people in the world, too," he added.

The cat was found with its head bashed in, according to a news release from Aden's website.

The Russellville Police Department was investigating the incident as a case of animal cruelty and a report was made to the FBI on Monday morning, Aden's website said.

Joshua McMillian, public information officer for Russellville police, said there are no witness statements on concrete evidence at the scene.

"We're asking the public if they know anything about it," McMillian said.

The U.S. Animal Humane Society is offering a $2,500 reward for the arrest and conviction of the person or people responsible.

guysmiley

Re: Arkansas takes its politics a little too seriously

#2 Post by guysmiley » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:39 pm

I saw that. If its real, even if it isn't its all the same. People waste so much time on this shit. You believe one thing or another. I can't believe people spend so much time in their lives worrying about what others are voting. Chances are you're voting one way usually. People need to fuck off and enjoy life. I can't stand even being on facebook these days. The hatred and shit spewing that is going on is crazy. I ran away from it and I'm better for it. I love America, but fuck. Until people learn to work together that place is never getting better. We came up through so much too, it would be a waste to throw it away. Also, when will the poor finally revolt? Things should be better and its everyone's fault. We kept voting for these rich fucks and expect different? They have the most ignorant as their army when the poor should be coming together and revolting. Amazing. If there was ever a case for education, this is it. I will continue to vote and teach and carry on enjoying my life.

creep
Site Admin

Re: Arkansas takes its politics a little too seriously

#3 Post by creep » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:49 pm

guysmiley wrote: People waste so much time on this shit. You believe one thing or another. I can't believe people spend so much time in their lives worrying about what others are voting. Chances are you're voting one way usually. People need to fuck off and enjoy life. I can't stand even being on facebook these days. The hatred and shit spewing that is going on is crazy.
yup...i like to stay informed but i don't spend one second getting all worked up over this stuff. it seems crazy that some people spend their whole day obsessing on it.