Policing the streets

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Bandit72

Policing the streets

#1 Post by Bandit72 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:07 am

Quite an interesting and by all means reasonable discussion by the side of the road. :lol:

krakle

Re: Policing the streets

#2 Post by krakle » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:33 am

oh wow, you can actually see his mind gnaw.

I think I'm getting a camera soon.

Jasper

#3 Post by Jasper » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:30 am

krakle wrote:oh wow, you can actually see his mind gnaw.

I think I'm getting a camera soon.
Make sure it's a live satellite feed to a secure location, and make sure whatever authority you come across knows it. Not everyone is so lucky as the fellow with the camera in the video.

krakle

#4 Post by krakle » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:32 pm

one time a policeman threw a revolving door in the face of my girlfriend after we followed him into the police station. I wish I had it on tape, it still makes my blood boil when I think about it.

now that I think about it some more, they must've videotaped it themselves. doh!

SR

#5 Post by SR » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:45 pm

I hate cops. I live in LA where they are simply put, criminals and worse..... immoral.

Pandemonium

#6 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:55 am

Well, that video didn't last long. I wonder who "Spirital Entertainment" is....

Anyway, I don't hate "cops," but I've had more than a few run-ins in my younger long haired days to know there's some real assholes out there. Huntington Beach cops in the 80's could be real pricks busting up backyard parties. I got wailed on by one cop trying to get away from Main Street and the pier during the epic '86 OP Surf riot in HB. Just one fer-instance....

Back around 1985, I was going through a 5 year tax audit and had to go to the IRS office in Compton of all places to submit several years worth of tax return paperwork. Anyway, at the time I drove this big ol' red '77 Cadillac Coup de Ville and my stereo had been recently stolen so I was driving listening to music with a walkman.

So I'm going through this shitty part of Compton trying to find my way back to the freeway after my appointment and at an intersection a cop sees me with the headphones and pulls me over. He's really aggressive about getting me out of the car and handcuffs me in a sitting position to my front bumper of my car while he runs my license and plates.

About 20 minutes pass and then a couple other cop cars slowly drive by and they're singing over their respective PA's "Play that funky music white boy." The cop who pulled me over releases me and says "have a nice day, you're free to go." Fuckers.