Rick Perry forgets his own plan

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
chaos

Rick Perry forgets his own plan

#1 Post by chaos » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:18 pm

I caught the second hour of tonight's debate. As I was watching, I was thinking that Perry's public speaking skills seemed to have improved. But then . . .

During the debate, twitter comments were broadcasted at the bottom of the screen. One person tweeted something along the following lines: I wonder who would win a memory contest - Perry or Cain? :lol:

Jasper

Re: Rick Perry forgets his own plan

#2 Post by Jasper » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:42 pm

Ow. That was painful. I actually felt bad for him there.

crater

#3 Post by crater » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:27 am

chaos

#4 Post by chaos » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:18 am

http://www.borowitzreport.com/2011/09/0 ... bate-ever/
WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report) – A jubilant President Barack Obama said that tonight’s Republican forum was “the best debate ever,” calling it “the first good news I’ve had since I nailed bin Laden.”

Mr. Obama watched the debate surrounded by advisors in the White House Situation Room, where the mood was said to be tense “up until the first time Rick Perry opened his mouth.”

“I’m not a big TV watcher,” Mr. Obama said, “but that debate had to be the most entertaining two hours I’ve ever had the privilege of seeing.”

Mr. Obama confirmed that he had DVRd the debate for future screenings at the White House, which tonight was the site of a spectacular fireworks display in the moments after the debate’s conclusion.

Among the debate’s highlights, Texas Gov. Rick Perry had a brief drunk blackout in which he was unable to recall his last name.

But the most startling moment came when businessman Herman Cain answered a question about the housing crisis by saying, “I have never heard of Fannie Mae and did not touch her inappropriately.”

guysmiley

#5 Post by guysmiley » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:16 pm

All of these guys just seem to be unhinging before our very eyes. How is it Ron Paul isn't the front runner at this point?

Jasper

#6 Post by Jasper » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:30 pm

guysmiley wrote:All of these guys just seem to be unhinging before our very eyes. How is it Ron Paul isn't the front runner at this point?
Romney's kept it together. He's the real pro of the bunch.

guysmiley

#7 Post by guysmiley » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:48 pm

Jasper wrote:
guysmiley wrote:All of these guys just seem to be unhinging before our very eyes. How is it Ron Paul isn't the front runner at this point?
Polls say about 43% of Americans are against a Mormon President. I have a feeling that plays into it. But, yeah. So far, he hasn't said anything too stupid yet.

Larry B.

#8 Post by Larry B. » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:39 am

guysmiley wrote:
Jasper wrote:
Polls say about 43% of Americans are against a Mormon President. I have a feeling that plays into it. But, yeah. So far, he hasn't said anything too stupid yet.
Romney wrote:Freedom requires religion just as religion requires freedom. Freedom and religion endure together, or perish alone
:hs:

I know, it might sound deep and philosophical and whatnot. But what a load of bullshit. "Freedom requires religion"? RELIGION is a requisite for FREEDOM?

creep
Site Admin

#9 Post by creep » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:23 am

maybe someday religion will have nothing to do with politics?? :jasper:

Larry B.

#10 Post by Larry B. » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:42 am

creep wrote:maybe someday religion will have nothing to do with politics?? :jasper:
Why can't societies live in peace?

S&M

#11 Post by S&M » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:21 am

There will never be a Mormon or a homosexual or a ...insert here....Obama has this sealed...these fool'z are eating themselves....can't say I'm bummed...I'd rather have the man we have then what they
have to offer...our poor prez has been stuck...everyone is spending time trying to stop his every move...instead of thinking about our future....we are one after all right?...I hated Gw but when shit came down I was like bring it muther fucker!!!...why is everyone so against Obama ?...racist fuck'z...time to pull together folks...this bullshit will kill us :essence:

creep
Site Admin

#12 Post by creep » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:52 pm

Artemis

#13 Post by Artemis » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:05 pm

:lol:

here's another one...

crater

#14 Post by crater » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:24 pm

Also a fan on this one

chaos

#15 Post by chaos » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:30 pm

crater

#16 Post by crater » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:27 pm

Another one I'm a fan of

Artemis

#17 Post by Artemis » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:30 pm

:lol:

i gotta post that one on my fb page...

chaos

#18 Post by chaos » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:44 pm

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011 ... %20&st=cse
“Every barrel of oil that comes out of those sands in Canada is a barrel of oil that we don’t have to buy from a foreign source,” Mr. Perry said in Clarinda, earning a loud round of enthusiastic applause.

Later, the audience reacted again to Mr. Perry’s assertion that buying so much energy from foreign countries is “not good policy, it’s not good politics and frankly it’s un-American.”
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#19 Post by Hokahey » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:12 am

This is my favorite:
Israel: At every stop, Mr. Perry took a roundabout shot at Ron Paul for saying during a debate that he was not that concerned about the prospect of Iran getting a nuclear weapon.

“You don’t have to vote for a candidate who would allow Iran to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth and ultimately America,” Mr. Perry said in Council Bluffs. At every stop, the comment drew loud applause
:crazy:

creep
Site Admin

#20 Post by creep » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:22 am

hokahey wrote:This is my favorite:
Israel: At every stop, Mr. Perry took a roundabout shot at Ron Paul for saying during a debate that he was not that concerned about the prospect of Iran getting a nuclear weapon.

“You don’t have to vote for a candidate who would allow Iran to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth and ultimately America,” Mr. Perry said in Council Bluffs. At every stop, the comment drew loud applause
:crazy:
larry is his adviser

Pure Method

#21 Post by Pure Method » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:28 am

yeah, loud applause at every stop. Part of me hates my own country so much, it makes it difficult to even want us to succeed, whatever that would mean (for me, general prosperity and basic needs for all; for others, no gays marrying). For every human being who cares more about the Kingdom of Heaven than the Garden of Earth, my heart weeps.

Israel occupies a complicated place in my mind. I don't agree with the Ron Paul "let's not give money to other countries at all" isolationism (because when other markets that we rely on fail, it's bad for us too, duh), but unwavering support for militancy is fucking stupid (Well, unless the defense industry is making money off of it - oh wait). I have a hard time believing Hamas would be able to justify their existence if peace with Israel ever occurred. Both sides have incentives to maintain conflict, and that's where we, as a 3rd party need to step in: make conflict more costly or make the costs of reneging on an agreement higher (via VERY TOUGH sanctions).

Ok, that whole post is a mind scramble, attack at will.

two questions
1) Can someone help me understand a way I can support my country if I have problems with some of its policies and a large portion of its population (ideally other than because I can make money here)?
2) Why won't anyone (candidates/politicians) talk about the evil Citizens United Supreme Court Case?

Matz

#22 Post by Matz » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:30 am

seems like he's beating W when it comes to saying moronic things, quite an accomplishment

creep
Site Admin

#23 Post by creep » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:47 am

Pure Method wrote: 1) Can someone help me understand a way I can support my country if I have problems with some of its policies and a large portion of its population (ideally other than because I can make money here)?
you don't have to support every decision made. i still wouldn't want to live anywhere else. :noclue:

if canada was warm every day of the year it might be a nice place to live.

Pure Method

#24 Post by Pure Method » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:55 am

creep wrote:
Pure Method wrote: 1) Can someone help me understand a way I can support my country if I have problems with some of its policies and a large portion of its population (ideally other than because I can make money here)?
you don't have to support every decision made. i still wouldn't want to live anywhere else. :noclue:

you're right, but it just comes back to the fact that as long as I'm provided with the opportunity for a comfortable life, I will tacitly support (via taxes) whatever wrongheaded policy (or worse, war) they come up with. as long as the malls are open I guess I'll be happy?

Okay, that's a little dismissive. But what can I do to NOT support a policy? It seems writing a letter to my congressman is the only viable option, eh?

creep
Site Admin

#25 Post by creep » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:01 pm

Pure Method wrote:
creep wrote:

you're right, but it just comes back to the fact that as long as I'm provided with the opportunity for a comfortable life, I will tacitly support (via taxes) whatever wrongheaded policy (or worse, war) they come up with. as long as the malls are open I guess I'll be happy?

Okay, that's a little dismissive. But what can I do to NOT support a policy? It seems writing a letter to my congressman is the only viable option, eh?
does this really bother you so much? i just don't understand why anyone would get angry over what a politician says trying to get elected. even if elected it's not like they are actually going to do anything they say. just relax and enjoy life.