Rick Perry forgets his own plan

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Pure Method

Re: Rick Perry forgets his own plan

#26 Post by Pure Method » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:22 am

creep wrote:
Pure Method wrote:
creep wrote:
Pure Method wrote: 1) Can someone help me understand a way I can support my country if I have problems with some of its policies and a large portion of its population (ideally other than because I can make money here)?
you don't have to support every decision made. i still wouldn't want to live anywhere else. :noclue:

if canada was warm every day of the year it might be a nice place to live.

you're right, but it just comes back to the fact that as long as I'm provided with the opportunity for a comfortable life, I will tacitly support (via taxes) whatever wrongheaded policy (or worse, war) they come up with. as long as the malls are open I guess I'll be happy?

Okay, that's a little dismissive. But what can I do to NOT support a policy? It seems writing a letter to my congressman is the only viable option, eh?
does this really bother you so much? i just don't understand why anyone would get angry over what a politician says trying to get elected. even if elected it's not like they are actually going to do anything they say. just relax and enjoy life.

i'm not that angry, but you're wrong that I'm angry about what the politician says. I'm angry about the salience of the message, not the messenger. good advice, nonetheless

chaos

Re: Rick Perry forgets his own plan

#27 Post by chaos » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:59 pm