What politician do you hate the most?

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Hype

Re: What politician do you hate the most?

#21 Post by Hype » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:30 am

I don't think anyone can actually believe we should do all the things he's said we should do, over the years, and I also think he knows less about the subjects he talks about than he portrays himself as knowing. It's not so much that he's disingenuous and all other politicians aren't... in fact, he may be the least disingenuous politician of all of them, but I think he's built up a reputation of being "genuine" that I don't think is as deserved as has been argued. I suppose I can admit that he's at least fairly consistent about his libertarian motives for his voting record, but that doesn't mean he's not disingenuous or calculating in how he votes/is portrayed, and I dislike him all the more because people tend to think that he's either a great guy or a nutbag, but also that in either case he's genuine. I don't like him, and I don't think that's as true as people think it is, even if it's more true than it would be about other politicians.

Also, I just don't like the guy, viscerally. :noclue:

Hokahey
Site Admin

#22 Post by Hokahey » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:46 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:I don't think anyone can actually believe we should do all the things he's said we should do, over the years
I know quite a few that do. Did you watch the debate last night? Did you hear the cheers and applause he received everytime he spoke? He has a relatively small but very dedicated and vocal following.
and I also think he knows less about the subjects he talks about than he portrays himself as knowing.
Why? I couldn't disagree more. Again, had you watched the debate, you get to see him school the people around him on subjects like our history with Iran making them look absolutely foolish.
It's not so much that he's disingenuous and all other politicians aren't... in fact, he may be the least disingenuous politician of all of them, but I think he's built up a reputation of being "genuine" that I don't think is as deserved as has been argued. I suppose I can admit that he's at least fairly consistent about his libertarian motives for his voting record, but that doesn't mean he's not disingenuous or calculating in how he votes/is portrayed, and I dislike him all the more because people tend to think that he's either a great guy or a nutbag, but also that in either case he's genuine. I don't like him, and I don't think that's as true as people think it is, even if it's more true than it would be about other politicians.

Also, I just don't like the guy, viscerally. :noclue:
Fair enough.

Hype

#23 Post by Hype » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:07 am

I don't doubt that he schooled other people in that debate. A lot of the other people are crazy idiots (one or the other or both). I could school them on American history, and I don't even know American history very well at all (probably any American on this board could school me, and thus, them... since you all got taught that stuff in school...).

It scares me that the Republican party is so messed up that they make Ron Paul look normal. :lol:

Another thing that bothers me about him is that I agree with him on a few things, but for totally different reasons. :lol:

feathers mcgraw

#24 Post by feathers mcgraw » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:31 pm

Over the past week, more than ever, David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. I'll let him off because he didn't plan his holiday to coincide with riots, BUT he seemingly made every decision a day too late, then has the sheer fucking audacity to try and 'fix' the 'ills' in the police force, even after they put themselves at risk going up against those riots, and all the 'ills' I can see are budget related. Then after the riots, instead of trying to tackle root causes and what the rioters were truly discontent about, he decides to attack social media for helping to spread word to other rioters. Oh yeah, and he's now bringing in an American gang expert (or something) to assess how the police force could have dealt with the riots better. British and American policing are vastly different, just watch, this will prove to be absolutely irrelevent to anything.

In short, fuck yourself David Cameron, you total, total ballbag.

[/rant]

Artemis

#25 Post by Artemis » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:53 pm

feathers mcgraw wrote:Over the past week, more than ever, David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. I'll let him off because he didn't plan his holiday to coincide with riots, BUT he seemingly made every decision a day too late, then has the sheer fucking audacity to try and 'fix' the 'ills' in the police force, even after they put themselves at risk going up against those riots, and all the 'ills' I can see are budget related. Then after the riots, instead of trying to tackle root causes and what the rioters were truly discontent about, he decides to attack social media for helping to spread word to other rioters. Oh yeah, and he's now bringing in an American gang expert (or something) to assess how the police force could have dealt with the riots better. British and American policing are vastly different, just watch, this will prove to be absolutely irrelevent to anything.

In short, fuck yourself David Cameron, you total, total ballbag.

[/rant]
I agree. :rockon:

David Cameron is unfit to be PM-he's an embarrassment to your country.
In less than 1 year he has been tied to a major scandal(phone hacking) and now his gross mishandling of the riots(crisis situation).

Don't remember if it was him or the mayor of London, but didn't one of them say bad parenting was the cause of the riots? :eyes:

creep
Site Admin

#26 Post by creep » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:20 pm

i read today that michelle bachmann promised that she will bring back $2 gas. she is obviously going for the mentally challenged vote. it's sad that many may believe that she will have the power to make that happen.

guysmiley

#27 Post by guysmiley » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:12 pm

creep wrote:i read today that michelle bachmann promised that she will bring back $2 gas. she is obviously going for the mentally challenged vote. it's sad that many may believe that she will have the power to make that happen.
:lolol: I kind of hope she get the nominee, or breaks up the GOP even more.

Artemis

#28 Post by Artemis » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:47 pm

I didn't want to start a nother thread...I am putting this here.

Bandit72

#29 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:31 am

Artemis wrote:I didn't want to start a nother thread...I am putting this here.

Very true, and pretty much the same ideology as Bill Hicks.

chaos

#30 Post by chaos » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:45 am

guysmiley

#31 Post by guysmiley » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:30 pm

chaos wrote:Image
It always amazes me that the people running our government and making life changing polices, are some of the least capable and informed people all-around to do so. I assume this guy fancies himself a doctor? :banghead: :crazy:

Hype

#32 Post by Hype » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:53 am

It's an empirically verified fact that conservative tendencies (both economic and social) correlate with less ability to empathize, especially outside one's immediate circle.

The Stoics called that outer-circle empathizing oikeiosis, and it was considered the best moral thing to do. :nod:

It's pretty scary when men can't even figure out basic needs of women though... What are minorities supposed to do when the majority of the world is being held hostage by idiots? :confused:

chaos

#33 Post by chaos » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:29 pm

MorningGlory123

#34 Post by MorningGlory123 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:29 pm

But seriously, I'm not that far from the Montagnards these days.

chaos

#35 Post by chaos » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:30 pm

creep
Site Admin

#36 Post by creep » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:21 pm

wally

#37 Post by wally » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:55 pm

Leland Yee, the gun grabbing, video game blaming CA state senator (D) who was recently arrested on corruption charges for taking bribes and GUN RUNNING with people tied to the Chinese mafia and Islamic terrorist groups.

pretty hard to beat that one.

Jasper

#38 Post by Jasper » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:44 pm

Dianne Feinstein and Eric Holder. :no:

P.S. Nobody gives me the creeps like Mitch McConnell. :lostit:

guysmiley

#39 Post by guysmiley » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:40 am

Jasper wrote:Dianne Feinstein and Eric Holder. :no:

P.S. Nobody gives me the creeps like Mitch McConnell. :lostit:
You probabaly shouldn't google #mcconnelling :lol:

guysmiley

#40 Post by guysmiley » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:41 am

tubro

#41 Post by tubro » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:59 pm

regarding american party politicians, i despise most of 'em and brand just about all of them as hypocrites who are much more similar than they are different. i have particular disdain for the present GOP but don't you dare lump me in with that pile of namby pamby democrats.

since they all worship lobbying dollars and practice hypocrisy, i'm not about to choose between the mcconnell's or the pelosi's of the world. different versions of the same patronage driven policy for sale assholes.

i focus on those who are and were most committed to fucking with liberty or practice the most vile sort of bigotry.
the list is plenty long but i'll just go with dick cheney, antonin scalia and the biggest twat of them all, rudolf guiliani (about whom, in fairness, having been in my apartment two blocks from the World Trade Center on 9-11, i'll always say that if you can absolutely guaranty that airplanes will fly into buildings, he can be my mayor but aside from the 10 days after that happens, isn't qualified to be dog catcher).

SR

#42 Post by SR » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:23 am

Interesting you include Scalia as a politician

Essence_Smith

#43 Post by Essence_Smith » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:28 am

tubro wrote:the biggest twat of them all, rudolf guiliani (about whom, in fairness, having been in my apartment two blocks from the World Trade Center on 9-11, i'll always say that if you can absolutely guaranty that airplanes will fly into buildings, he can be my mayor but aside from the 10 days after that happens, isn't qualified to be dog catcher).
Say what you will about Rudy and the tactics he and his corrupt police commissioner used at the time, there were parts of Brooklyn you couldn't even walk through without getting robbed before they did what they did...I grumbled at the "quality of life" enforcement etc in my late teens but looking back they cleaned up a lot of mess that Dinkins and Koch left...they did it like some thugs, but they did clean this place up considerably...

Pandemonium

#44 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:35 am

Cheney even in retirement remains the biggest cancer in American politics since Nixon.

LJF

#45 Post by LJF » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:15 am

What about the IRS and the cover up that is going on there.