What politician do you hate the most?

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
tubro

Re: What politician do you hate the most?

#41 Post by tubro » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:59 pm

regarding american party politicians, i despise most of 'em and brand just about all of them as hypocrites who are much more similar than they are different. i have particular disdain for the present GOP but don't you dare lump me in with that pile of namby pamby democrats.

since they all worship lobbying dollars and practice hypocrisy, i'm not about to choose between the mcconnell's or the pelosi's of the world. different versions of the same patronage driven policy for sale assholes.

i focus on those who are and were most committed to fucking with liberty or practice the most vile sort of bigotry.
the list is plenty long but i'll just go with dick cheney, antonin scalia and the biggest twat of them all, rudolf guiliani (about whom, in fairness, having been in my apartment two blocks from the World Trade Center on 9-11, i'll always say that if you can absolutely guaranty that airplanes will fly into buildings, he can be my mayor but aside from the 10 days after that happens, isn't qualified to be dog catcher).

SR

#42 Post by SR » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:23 am

Interesting you include Scalia as a politician

Essence_Smith

#43 Post by Essence_Smith » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:28 am

tubro wrote:the biggest twat of them all, rudolf guiliani (about whom, in fairness, having been in my apartment two blocks from the World Trade Center on 9-11, i'll always say that if you can absolutely guaranty that airplanes will fly into buildings, he can be my mayor but aside from the 10 days after that happens, isn't qualified to be dog catcher).
Say what you will about Rudy and the tactics he and his corrupt police commissioner used at the time, there were parts of Brooklyn you couldn't even walk through without getting robbed before they did what they did...I grumbled at the "quality of life" enforcement etc in my late teens but looking back they cleaned up a lot of mess that Dinkins and Koch left...they did it like some thugs, but they did clean this place up considerably...

Pandemonium

#44 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:35 am

Cheney even in retirement remains the biggest cancer in American politics since Nixon.

LJF

#45 Post by LJF » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:15 am

What about the IRS and the cover up that is going on there.

Pandemonium

#46 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:36 am

LJF wrote:What about the IRS and the cover up that is going on there.
No surprise. An government institution operating with relative impunity like the I.R.S. with all it's far reaching power is bound to have corruption and scandal. The bullshit with the "lost" e-mails and amazing coincidences of crashed computers and their disposal is such a flagrant cover-up, it's mind boggling that criminal indictments haven't already been handed down.

On a related subject, I was the subject of a 5 year audit when I was in my early 20's and wound up owing the IRS about $10k which took me about a decade to pay off. They can really fuck up your life even if you're in the right.

Jasper

#47 Post by Jasper » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:48 pm

They were clearly operating at the behest of the the president. Sadly, every time a president commits corrupt acts and gets away with it, the following presidents (whether dem or repub) will take advantage of those precedents. Both parties are utterly rotten and anti-American, but partisan dupes amongst the citizenry might want to consider that the corrupt actions they believe to be working in their favor will later be used by the other side.

MYXYLPLYX

#48 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:41 pm

Jasper wrote:They were clearly operating at the behest of the the president.
Why is that clear? What evidence is there of that?

I ask because I have not seen anything nearly that clear cut... :hs:

Jasper

#49 Post by Jasper » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:17 pm

I think it's evident from his actions and the actions of the IRS under his administration. They were scaring off Republican donors to help him win in 2012. The issue is the destruction/hiding of communications, most likely with the higher ups in his administration, and within the IRS. Every single one of us knows full well that the IRS is lying about that. I'd be shocked if even the most devoted Democrats among us would deny this reality. Beyond that, the president's motive, actions, and lack of investigative action (Holder? Really?) indicate his involvement. This should be a Watergate-level event. The brazen manipulation of events implicates him, but the corruption and chutzpah is so great with these folks that they'll probably just continue lying, obfuscating, and blocking until the issue dies with a whimper. I hope I'm wrong.

I dislike Dems and Repubs. For the diehard Dems/liberals out there, think how terrifying this would be if it were a Republican administration at work. Getting to the bottom of this should be a non-partisan issue, if any of us really care about justice.

tvrec

#50 Post by tvrec » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:40 pm

This thread has gone off track since LJF's invocation of the IRS "scandal," unless the bulk of comments since are directed at "overlord Obama," and we've already bandied back and forth on the IRS "targeting" issue long ago. While we're back on it, though, I don't think many people other than those employed at Fox and who subscribed to Fox's fair and balanced bullshit give more than one shit, let alone two about this issue (which is not to say the IRS should act with impunity, etc.). The indignity over groups self-identified as aligned with a political agenda being self-strictly reviewed for and/or denied tax-exempt status is about as empty as the "I built that" meme and has nothing to do with historical examples of the IRS harassing people like Pande or MLK, infringing on their personal liberties, and so on.

Jasper

#51 Post by Jasper » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:06 pm

SQUAWK! FOX NEWS! SQUAWK!

Yeah, nah, I don't think so, douchebag.

What a disappointment it is to address someone intelligent and be subjected to a reaction from you.

Essence_Smith

#52 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:17 pm

Jasper

#53 Post by Jasper » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:33 pm

:essence:

tvrec

#54 Post by tvrec » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:56 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:Image
I know :banghead:
and don't (thankfully) since I started using the ignore list--But I can guess its general tenor from the image you posted. LJF and I have had some heated discussions in the past, but those have been respectful conversations. While the same cannot be said of all my interactions here, one can hold out hope.

On a different note, maybe I can help steer the thread back to its purpose. Many politicians should really be voted out, jailed, or held to task. I don't think I really hate any of them, but several are worthy of general disdain. A couple, mostly locally, that come to mind immediately:
Anthony Weiner (no link needed)
Bob Filner (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Filner);
Mike Carona, former elected sherif in OC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Carona);
and that Mayor from Bell, Robert Rizzo (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/City_of_Bell_scandal).

kv

#55 Post by kv » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:31 pm

look at the thred title then explain why you clicked it :lol:

Hype

#56 Post by Hype » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:16 pm

I don't think I hate any politicians, but I do think the worst politicians are the ones who tout 'small government' and always have a shit-eating grin on their faces.

You know the ones...

Essence_Smith

#57 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:27 pm

kv wrote:
look at the thred title then explain why you clicked it
I keep hoping we can eventually disagree with one another without calling each other names... :neutral:

kv

#58 Post by kv » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:40 pm

lawl

Hype

#59 Post by Hype » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:41 am

LJF

#60 Post by LJF » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:17 am

tvrec wrote:This thread has gone off track since LJF's invocation of the IRS "scandal," unless the bulk of comments since are directed at "overlord Obama," and we've already bandied back and forth on the IRS "targeting" issue long ago. While we're back on it, though, I don't think many people other than those employed at Fox and who subscribed to Fox's fair and balanced bullshit give more than one shit, let alone two about this issue (which is not to say the IRS should act with impunity, etc.). The indignity over groups self-identified as aligned with a political agenda being self-strictly reviewed for and/or denied tax-exempt status is about as empty as the "I built that" meme and has nothing to do with historical examples of the IRS harassing people like Pande or MLK, infringing on their personal liberties, and so on.

That's sad to think people don't care about what is very clearly a coverup. The IRA just happened to misplace key e-mails, sure ok got it. This is what is scary about people that follow one party or the other blindly. For them it's just the other party is on a witch hunt. Take the blinders off and look up what is happening. Also this IRS scandal is very much about a politician.

When we stop questioning our so called leaders bad shit will and does happen. Stop hiding behind the right is just out to get obama. This issue isn't just about targeting groups, it about the cover up. What would you have thought if this was under w's administration? Don't have blind faith in your party.

Essence_Smith

#61 Post by Essence_Smith » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:07 pm

This kind of thing will never end because some people can't handle the truth

Jasper

#62 Post by Jasper » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:30 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:This kind of thing will never end because some people can't handle the truth
Such a profound statement. Thank you so much for this brilliant contribution.

Hype

#63 Post by Hype » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:57 pm

Essence_Smith

#64 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:45 am

Jasper wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:This kind of thing will never end because some people can't handle the truth
Such a profound statement. Thank you so much for this brilliant contribution.
:tiphat:
Seriously, I think the majority out there don't mind living with blinders on and there are things our government does that would cause riots in other countries...americans are a pretty apathetic bunch in general imho...

tvrec

#65 Post by tvrec » Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:19 am

LJF wrote: That's sad to think people don't care about what is very clearly a coverup. The IRA just happened to misplace key e-mails, sure ok got it. This is what is scary about people that follow one party or the other blindly. For them it's just the other party is on a witch hunt. Take the blinders off and look up what is happening. Also this IRS scandal is very much about a politician.

When we stop questioning our so called leaders bad shit will and does happen. Stop hiding behind the right is just out to get obama. This issue isn't just about targeting groups, it about the cover up. What would you have thought if this was under w's administration? Don't have blind faith in your party.
I agree, LJF, that our leaders, whichever party they may belong to, need to be questioned and held accountable. On this particular issue, I don't think there is much of a which hunt at all, for it's barely in the news at all unless you listen/watch a news station with an express agenda to drum it up into one. Personally, the IRS could hand over emails from Obama that directed the IRS to scrutinize tax exempt applications for political action groups, and I would still have no problem with it, especially considering what a joke that status appears to be for 501c3/4s (again, whichever party or politician they are affiliated with). But I do agree that coverups make matters worse, and that that appears to be the case here. Indeed, the Obama administration has had it share of coverups. Far more concerning to me, however, are coverups like these: the ATF gun-running scandal, Obama's "kill-list," the drone program (if we consider this program as one without anywhere near the transparency it ought to have), the NSA's apparently near total data collection and mining.