ISIS attacks during Ramadan

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Bandit72

ISIS attacks during Ramadan

#1 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:38 am

Interesting interview after three attacks today. France, Tunisia and Kuwait. Seriously, how long before the collective 'we' send troops?

Bandit72

Re: ISIS attacks during Ramadan

#2 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:45 am

Re reading that, it's a bit non sensical as how do you fight radicalisation in ones own country? I guess non violent Islam needs to educate their followers.

Bandit72

#3 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:04 pm

Fuck this thread, you can't educate idiots.

Hype

#4 Post by Hype » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:22 pm

I'm not sure where to start with this...

There are many Muslims who hate ISIS (they call it 'Daesh', and we probably should too) and would love to find a way for them to go away. For the vast majority of Muslims in the world, it's not a matter of education. It doesn't really make sense to say that "non violent Islam" should "educate" the radicals. This is sort of like saying that "non violent men" should "educate" wife-beating rapists. There's something close to truth here: universal, secular, public education would play a role in stabilizing communities and slowly change cultures that are stuck in violence. But this is an implausible short-term goal while the Arab world is full of oil-funded despotism and backwards ideology at the state level (which is not even to mention the backwards aspects of the Asian Muslim majority countries like Indonesia and Malaysia). The question of what to do now... while fighting is going on... is much more difficult. I don't know the answer.

guysmiley

#5 Post by guysmiley » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:56 pm

Bandit72 wrote:Interesting interview after three attacks today. France, Tunisia and Kuwait. Seriously, how long before the collective 'we' send troops?

I agree with the corespondent. This "has something to do with Muslims, something to do with unemployment, something to do with education," and a lot do do with the stabilization of this religion. No hiding behind it. The religion needs to fix it's self. And all of us need to accept what is good and deign what is wrong. We are all tired of this shit. I'm tired of all religious shit. Can't wait till we all don't care about this caveman shit.

Bandit72

#6 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:34 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:It doesn't really make sense to say that "non violent Islam" should "educate" the radicals. This is sort of like saying that "non violent men" should "educate" wife-beating rapists.
I guess what I meant was that the wider Muslim community, in the UK for example, needs to educate the young and aspiring Muslim. Keep an eye open within there communities. Reinforce the fact that extremism is abhorrent. But yes, there is pretty much nothing you can do or say to those who have already been radicalised or those who are in the 'wrong crowd' so to speak.

Bandit72

#7 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:36 pm

And GuySmiley, I agree. I can't wait till we eliminate all the caveman shit either. Alas it won't happen in our lifetime.

Larry B.

#8 Post by Larry B. » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:53 pm

Attacks in three continents as the TPP is about to be passed? Yeah, just a coincidence. The media won't talk about anything else for days (possibly weeks) while a few corporations obtain enough power to rule essentially everything in the Western World, or at least a big portion thereof. Billions of dollars supposedly invested in counter-terrorist measures, and yet three different "attacks" occur in the same day, in three different countries. No agency detected anything leading up to this.

I wouldn't buy that in a million fucking years.

Bandit72

#9 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:21 pm

AMAZINGLY, the news tonight here is

1. Terrorist attack number1
2. Terrorist attack number 2
3. Terrorist attack number 3
4. Legalised gay marriage in the states
5. Obama singing Amazing Grace
6. A load of other boring shit

creep
Site Admin

#10 Post by creep » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:02 pm

Larry B. wrote:Attacks in three continents as the TPP is about to be passed? Yeah, just a coincidence. The media won't talk about anything else for days (possibly weeks) while a few corporations obtain enough power to rule essentially everything in the Western World, or at least a big portion thereof. Billions of dollars supposedly invested in counter-terrorist measures, and yet three different "attacks" occur in the same day, in three different countries. No agency detected anything leading up to this.

I wouldn't buy that in a million fucking years.
why is everything have to be one big conspiracy to you?
The media won't talk about anything else for days (possibly weeks) while a few corporations obtain enough power to rule essentially everything in the Western World
the media here has this story pretty much buried. we have more important things going on like two escaped prisoners (one now) on the loose.

Stickyfingers

#11 Post by Stickyfingers » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:44 am

It's not about islam. Indonesia is the biggest islam country in the world, and no problem there, Isis is a small group.

It's the war for oil and resources in general.

This arabic people are desperatly poors, in lack of water and scorched by the heat, their only resource is oil but is owned by western corporations, so they need schools, hospital, infrastructures, human rights and they only get poverty.

Terrorism will never stop. US and Western countries they will never give up the economic control of that area, that's impossible. But new Saddan Hussein, Bin Laden, Gheddafi are born everyday :banghead:

Hype

#12 Post by Hype » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:13 am

Indonesia is the biggest islam country in the world, and no problem there
I alluded to this above, but that's not exactly true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Bali_bombings
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_Bali_bombings
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jemaah_Islamiyah
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darul_Islam_(Indonesia)

It's true that, in fact, "Islam vs. the West" (or as it's sometimes called in Arabic: dar al Islam vs dar al Harb) basically has its roots in medieval tribal and international warfare (not just the Crusades, but the problem of unification of non-European peoples), but has persisted long after not just because of that ancient memory, but because of 400 years of post-Renaissance European colonialism, which has reverberations for non-Europeans of all religions (ask Larry B how Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, and American manifest destiny shit has fucked South America, which is almost entirely Catholic), but perhaps especially for one of the world's youngest major religions which was born out of military struggle in the first place. It'll obviously speak to oppressed people, or people searching for power. This makes sense of the turn to Islam by many black Americans during the fight for civil rights.

The difficult thing is to try to tease apart the precise ways in which religion, culture, tradition, oppression, history, current power dynamics, etc. interrelate. It's never going to be as simple as: "It's purely political" or "It's all a reaction to colonialism" or "It's all religion" or "It's all cultural" or "It's all about oil". These are convenient heuristic devices we rely on to try to make sense of very complicated social interactions.

Bandit72

#13 Post by Bandit72 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:41 pm

But this is about Islamic State, not Islam. It's common knowledge that the majority of Muslims do not support the beliefs held by IS. Even the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda have reservations on the IS ideology. Of course it's complicated, and yes it does have historical events that have moulded over hundreds of years that has lead to what is happening with the minority today. Jihad will signify the end of the world is what this minority believes. And that is what they're after. :crazy:

Stickyfingers

#14 Post by Stickyfingers » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:43 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:It'll obviously speak to oppressed people, or people searching for power.

The difficult thing is to try to tease apart the precise ways in which religion, culture, tradition, oppression, history, current power dynamics, etc. interrelate. It's never going to be as simple as: "It's purely political" or "It's all a reaction to colonialism" or "It's all religion" or "It's all cultural" or "It's all about oil". These are convenient heuristic devices we rely on to try to make sense of very complicated social interactions.
I would consider economic motivations always on the top-priority motivations above cultural and religious aspects.
Waldo Emerson would say "life is a search after power", Schopenhauer say "will to life", Nietzsche "will to power".
Bandit72 wrote:But this is about Islamic State, not Islam. It's common knowledge that the majority of Muslims do not support the beliefs held by IS. Even the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda have reservations on the IS ideology. Of course it's complicated, and yes it does have historical events that have moulded over hundreds of years that has lead to what is happening with the minority today. Jihad will signify the end of the world is what this minority believes. And that is what they're after. :crazy:
I'm not an expert but I think there is a total misinterpretation of Quran, especially regarding women conditions, jihad, killing and more things...
for example Islam forbidden suicide in any form

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious ... cide#Islam

There is this animate movie, "Persepolis", very sad description on how Iran life was until the 70's and how changed.
Or just look picture of modern women in Afghanistan before talibans.

Every islamic country was visited by the hippies in the 60's to smoke, the Stones went to record in Morocco the Beatles went India... Things changed because the war for oil.

Nigeria, Venezuela, Lybia, Arab Gulf, Afghanistan, Ukraine...
World is overpopulated and demanding more and more energy (China) so conflicts and radicalisation are getting stronger where oil and gas (not renewable resources) are located.

"Let our position be absolutely clear: An attempt by any outside force to gain control of the Persian Gulf region will be regarded as an assault on the vital interests of the United States of America, and such an assault will be repelled by any means necessary, including military force."
—Jimmy Carter, state of the union address, Jan. 23, 1980

Stickyfingers

#15 Post by Stickyfingers » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:01 am

http://www.u2.com/news/title/little-book-of-a-big-year/
It's bizarre, but there is a new African proverb: "Pray that we do not discover oil". I want you to know that ONE fights corruption too. There's less noise about that side of what we do, it doesn't lend itself to photo-ops or 140 characters. Along with the Publish What You Pay coalition, ONE have helped pass laws in Europe and America which force mining/extractive companies to declare what monies they are paying, to whom. You'd think this would be simple, obvious. Not if you are the American Petroleum Institute, they took legal action to grind the US law to a halt... for the moment.
T IS FOR THE UNHOLY TRINITY

This year the media was full of stories about ISIS and other groups like Boko Haram, who kidnapped 140 school girls in northern Nigeria... A couple of years ago it was Mali and Somalia all over the news as well as Afghanistan. There's a thread of continuity here, and it's runs along the border of this map:

The region known as the Sahel goes from west to east Africa and beyond if you look - all the way to Afghanistan, where, though it's not known as the Sahel, it is roughly the same terrain. Here we see what I have been calling the unholy trinity of the three extremes... extreme climate, extreme poverty and extreme ideology. In this gigantic region, which sends out so many shockwaves, the way the world deals with these three extremes will determine the pace of human progress for everyone on this planet.

Larry B.

#16 Post by Larry B. » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:21 pm

Adurentibus Spina wrote:

At least those first two were false flag attacks. If I remember correctly, linked to the Mossad.

Xizen47

#17 Post by Xizen47 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:28 pm

Bandit72 wrote:Fuck this thread, you can't educate idiots.
True, if we could successfully educate religious people, we'd end religion :rockon:

Hype

#18 Post by Hype » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:33 pm

Larry B. wrote:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:

At least those first two were false flag attacks. If I remember correctly, linked to the Mossad.
Fuck this thread. :crazy:

Bandit72

#19 Post by Bandit72 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:11 am

This is mental. I can't imagine what it would be like with more than one gunman.

erotic cheeses

#20 Post by erotic cheeses » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:11 pm

Xizen47 wrote:
Bandit72 wrote:Fuck this thread, you can't educate idiots.
True, if we could successfully educate religious people, we'd end religion :rockon:

Wise words my friend, wise words