Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
chaos

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

#251 Post by chaos » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:30 pm

There's a hashtag #ConManDon that is pretty catchy. :lol:

chaos

#252 Post by chaos » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:41 am

Nate Silver's site will be the death of me :lol: : http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/201 ... -forecast/

Polls-plus forecast: Clinton 60.1/Trump 39.9
Polls only forecast: Clinton 52.4/Trump 47.5
Now-cast: Clinton 44.7/Trump 55.3

As of July 27, 2016 10:39 AM

Tyler Durden

#253 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:58 am

chaos wrote:There's a hashtag #ConManDon that is pretty catchy. :lol:

I've also seen #DishonestDon...but I like my nicknames a little more salty. :hehe:

Tyler Durden

#254 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:59 am

Artemis

#255 Post by Artemis » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:05 am

I like #CheetoJesus

http://cheetojesus.tumblr.com/

Romeo

#256 Post by Romeo » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:05 am

Jr thinks he can put his dick in politics and run for the Mayor of NYC

I'm hoping the people of NYC will remember hos his Grandpa fucking wrecked NYC (and remember what a tool bag he is)

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... sland.html

Also:
Civil rights lawsuit
In 1973, the U.S. Justice Department's Civil Rights Division filed a civil rights suit against the Trump organization charging that it refused to rent to black people. The Urban League had sent black and white testers to apply for apartments in Trump-owned complexes; the whites got the apartments, the blacks did not. According to court records, four superintendents or rental agents reported that applications sent to the central office for acceptance or rejection were coded by race. A 1979 Village Voice article quoted a rental agent who said Trump instructed him not to rent to black people and to encourage existing black tenants to leave. In 1975, a consent decree described by the head of DOJ’s housing division as "one of the most far-reaching ever negotiated," required Trump to advertise vacancies in minority papers and list vacancies with the Urban League. The Justice Department subsequently complained that continuing "racially discriminatory conduct by Trump agents has occurred with such frequency that it has created a substantial impediment to the full enjoyment of equal opportunity
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... in-queens/

mockbee

#257 Post by mockbee » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:18 am

chaos wrote:There's a hashtag #ConManDon that is pretty catchy. :lol:
That's a very good one. Simple, to the point, memorable and a host of instances that apply to ALL Americans to point to. No one wants to be conned, while only a select group is critically concerned about identity politics. Hillary has the base solidly behind her, no need to pander, if she paints a dark picture under Trump. Keep associating him with Putin, Saddam and other fascists. Painting him as a proponent for a 'Dark' America, since that's all he talks about. The liberal elite, like most people here, might say, duuuuh, but the plebs are evidently not connecting the dots themselves..

People seem to vote based on a fear, or historically on a hope. I don't think there is any hope that can be had in this election. Hillary can't focus on hope i'm afraid, it will just seem disingenuous and "out of touch" . All Trump has to say is ISIS, cop killers, illegals, trade deals, blah, blah blah.

This election is about labels. The best label wins.
:noclue:

Hype

#258 Post by Hype » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:31 am

kv wrote:This country re elected bush jr...

Bernie or bust people are fucking stupid
They just seem to think voting is about saying which thing is as close to your own views as possible. But in a system where simple majority vote wins, and you vote directly for president, refusing to vote for the lesser of two evils is a really bad idea. I don't know if it's stupid or just misguided.

I also hope Americans don't forget to vote out all those ridiculous/evil teabaggers from congress.

Larry B.

#259 Post by Larry B. » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:08 am

Hype wrote:

They just seem to think voting is about saying which thing is as close to your own views as possible. But in a system where simple majority vote wins, and you vote directly for president, refusing to vote for the lesser of two evils is a really bad idea. I don't know if it's stupid or just misguided.

I also hope Americans don't forget to vote out all those ridiculous/evil teabaggers from congress.
The big problem is that both choices are really, really bad. Absolute oligachical dictatorship-level bad. How could you live with yourself after voting for Hillary? And how could you live with yourself after voting for Trump?

Tyler Durden

#260 Post by Tyler Durden » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:18 am

Clinton = a pint of piss

Trump = a shot of cyanide

If you're not suicidal, you're with her.

Pandemonium

#261 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:32 am

I'll be voting, but for POTUS, I'm skipping that block this time around. I've also re-registered as an Independent.

SR

#262 Post by SR » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:33 am

Now that's funny^ :lol: to TD's post

Piggybacking on what hype said, Bernie would make a great majority leader :rockon:

chaos

#263 Post by chaos » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:53 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/26/upsho ... 26917&_r=0
THE 2016 RACE

The One Demographic That Is Hurting Hillary Clinton
Nate Cohn @Nate_Cohn JULY 25, 2016

The list of voting groups generally alienated by Donald J. Trump is long: Hispanics, women, the young, the college educated and more. How is it that he’s in such a close race with Hillary Clinton?

The answer lies with a group that still represented nearly half of all voters in 2012: white voters without a college degree, and particularly white men without a degree.

Mrs. Clinton is showing enormous weakness with this group. And these voters are supporting Mr. Trump in larger numbers than they supported Mitt Romney four years ago. It’s enough to keep the election close. It could even be enough for him to win.

Clinton Suffers Big Losses With Less-Educated White Voters
Early 2016 polls look a lot like pre-election polls in 2012, except with a far larger education gap among white voters.

SR

#264 Post by SR » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:38 am

:nod: :eyes: :jasper:

tvrec

#265 Post by tvrec » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:34 pm

Pandemonium wrote:I'll be voting, but for POTUS, I'm skipping that block this time around. I've also re-registered as an Independent.
Luckily, you're in CA, so it doesn't matter too much if you don't cast a ballot for president.

kv

#266 Post by kv » Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:07 pm

Yep Cali is gonna elect Dems....and I once went Indy for a number of years...you don't get to vote out enough assholes...you'll end up going back to major party after a time i bet

Hype

#267 Post by Hype » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:33 am

Larry B. wrote:
Hype wrote:

The big problem is that both choices are really, really bad. Absolute oligachical dictatorship-level bad. How could you live with yourself after voting for Hillary? And how could you live with yourself after voting for Trump?
By not being stupid and thinking the two are morally equivalent choices?

Angry Canine

#268 Post by Angry Canine » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:27 am

tvrec wrote:
Pandemonium wrote:I'll be voting, but for POTUS, I'm skipping that block this time around. I've also re-registered as an Independent.
Luckily, you're in CA, so it doesn't matter too much if you don't cast a ballot for president.

Unfortunately, registered voters, not voting, does not mean what it really should, it should be taken as a no-confidence vote on both candidates, and enough of them should prevent the election of either. Instead, they make it meaningless. It likely would prevent an elections like they have become. Very few votes are cast that voters honesty are voting "for" a candidate, rather cast "against" the other.

I don't want Hillary. I do not expect much positive from a Hillary Admin. It is 100% Hillary the person, gender is a non issue to me...I wanted this time around to be a chance to vote (actually "for") Elizabeth Warren to be first woman president, even before Obama's re-election. I'll hold my nose and vote for Hillary now, if I am still alive come election day (looking less and less likely). I don't expect a Hillary presidency to be a good, or popular, but allowing Trump access to the US military, and nuclear arsenal very well could bring about the end of Civilization, and will almost certainly make the US the fully hated by all countries. Nuclear missiles could rain down on China,merely because a Chinese official states an opinion of Trump that Trump doesn't see enough flattery of himself in. A Trump presidency would be a threat to every person on the planet...makes voting for Hillary easier than I ever imagined.

mockbee

#269 Post by mockbee » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:07 pm

Trump suggests Russians hack Clinton campaign.

Russians hack Clinton campaign.

Trump will say he is the only one who can prevent hacks in the future, especially if you think he was responsible for the hack in the first place.

Any regular person who isn't easily persuaded might see through it, but obviously if half the country already thinks trump is better than clinton we have an easily persuaded populace.

Not to be a downer, I do not think this will be good for Clinton and will actually help Trump........ it does seem counter-intuitive, everything so far has been so.

:wavesad:

Artemis

#270 Post by Artemis » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:49 pm

Today Cheeto man said there'd be "no more Mr Nice Guy."

nausearockpig

#271 Post by nausearockpig » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:29 pm

I'm no political guru but shouldn't someone who has asked a foreign, communist government to hack the emails of a competing presidential candidate be charged with treason?

SR

#272 Post by SR » Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:36 pm

Now, I have been wrong before where Dump is concerned, but I just can't imagine anything but a fucking landslide in November if he continues like he has since the conventions. Major repub players are openly endorsing hill, and he makes the fuckwit look both intelligent and left leaning. He's pure comedy gold.

He has to get Florida, which does concern me because they are capable of any type of insanity, and Pennsylvania. I just don't see it happening.

Tyler Durden

#273 Post by Tyler Durden » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Yeah...first, next to no "heavy weights" from the Republican party were caught dead at the RNC, aside from Newt Gingrich.

Then an ultra conservative wingnut like Cruz doesn't endorse him (at the convention) and in turn, publicly humiliates Trump. Pretty sure that was an unprecedented move.

Then Romney comes with this...

clickie

#274 Post by clickie » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:12 pm

I think one thing even hard core trump supporters would agree on is the dude has trouble taking the high road.

clickie

#275 Post by clickie » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:16 pm

nausearockpig wrote:I'm no political guru but shouldn't someone who has asked a foreign, communist government to hack the emails of a competing presidential candidate be charged with treason?

I'm gonna appoint you the new head of CIA.