Donald Trump running for President.

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Pandemonium

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

#226 Post by Pandemonium » Thu May 12, 2016 5:20 pm

Artemis wrote:I'm a little surprised about Paul Ryan today. A few days ago he said he didn't want anything to do with supporting Trump, Now? He's basically pushing everyone in the party to join hands and sing 'We Are the World'. Talk about a radical shift! I guess the Republican Party tolerated Donald at first, thinking he wouldn't get very far. Nobody's laughing now though. :scared:
Doesn't surprise me at all. Ryan and the rest of the so-called establishment Repubs don't want to risk a full on meltdown of the party this election cycle and they're going to ultimately fall in step with Trump his his support base. I think at this point, guys like Ryan are just looking to try and weasel any kind of concessions to decorum they can from Trump and hold their nose to get through this election whether they win or (more likely) lose.

Pure Method

#227 Post by Pure Method » Sun May 15, 2016 8:19 am

I really dislike David Brooks and everything he writes, but I like what he said about Trump. This is a Joe McCarthy moment, and people will remember where you stood on Trump. The Pro-Trump stance will not age well.

Bandit72

#228 Post by Bandit72 » Mon May 16, 2016 4:01 am

Artemis

#229 Post by Artemis » Thu May 26, 2016 11:48 am

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/donald-tru ... -1.3601393
Donald Trump reaches magic number to clinch Republican nomination
Republican hopeful has 1,238 delegates on his side, according to Associated Press

Donald Trump reached the number of delegates needed to clinch the Republican nomination for president Thursday, completing an unlikely rise that has upended the political landscape and set the stage for a bitter fall campaign.

The good news for Trump, reported by The Associated Press after a nationwide survey of unbound delegates, was tempered by continuing problems for his campaign. Those include the abrupt departure of Trump's political director and continuing resistance by many Republican leaders to declare their support for his upstart candidacy.

Trump was put over the top in the AP delegate count by a small number of the party's unbound delegates, who told the AP they would support him at the national convention in July. Among them was Oklahoma Republican chairwoman Pam Pollard.

"I think he has touched a part of our electorate that doesn't like where our country is," Pollard said. "I have no problem supporting Mr. Trump."

It takes 1,237 delegates to win the Republican nomination. Trump has reached 1,238, including 88 unbound delegates who are not tied to any candidate and can vote as they choose. With 303 delegates at stake in five state primaries on June 7, Trump will easily pad his total, avoiding a contested convention in Cleveland.

'Leadership is leadership'

Trump, a political neophyte who for years delivered caustic commentary on the state of the nation from the sidelines but had never run for office, fought off 16 other Republican contenders in an often ugly primary race.

Many on the right have been slow to warm to Trump, wary of his conservative bona fides. Others worry about his crass personality and the lewd comments he's made about women.

But millions of grass-roots activists, many of them outsiders to the political process, have embraced him as a plain-speaking populist.

Steve House, chairman of the Colorado Republican Party and an unbound delegate who confirmed his support of Trump to the AP, said he likes the billionaire's background as a businessman.

"Leadership is leadership," House said. "If he can surround himself with the political talent, I think he will be fine."

mockbee

#230 Post by mockbee » Thu May 26, 2016 1:03 pm

I can't believe that Trump attacked the popular republican New Mexico governor the other day. Just when you think it couldn't get more bizarre....?

Suppose one should never think that now.

Power and dominance seem to be his only objective. I think the only reason Republicans have signed on is because 1) They're stupid and 2) they do realize they have completely lost control of their Reganesque narrative, they are slowly becoming irrelevant and need some semblance of a political presence.

Artemis

#231 Post by Artemis » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:30 pm

guysmiley

#232 Post by guysmiley » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:34 am

Artemis wrote:
I can't remember, but I know Tom was in a rap group in Canada a long time ago. I think I saw one of their videos once. He can actually rap. :boobs:

chaos

#233 Post by chaos » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:32 am

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/t ... p-art-deal

'Art Of The Deal' Ghostwriter Regrets Trump Book: 'I Put Lipstick On A Pig'
ByCAITLIN MACNEALPublishedJULY 18, 2016, 11:43 AM EDT

With Donald Trump set to secure the Republican nomination for president this week, the ghostwriter behind Trump's book "The Art of the Deal," revealed the real estate mogul's true character that the book ignored.

"I put lipstick on a pig," writer Tony Schwartz told the New Yorker. "I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is."

Schwartz actually suggested that Trump write "The Art of the Deal" instead of the autobiography Trump had set out to pen. The real estate mogul then asked Schwartz to help him write the book, and Schwartz agreed when Trump offered him half of the advance and of the royalties.

"It was one of a number of times in my life when I was divided between the Devil and the higher side," Schwartz told the New Yorker.

Schwartz said that if he could rename the book, he would call it "The Sociopath."

"I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization," he said.

The author said that he plans on donating the royalties he earns from the book in 2016 to charities like the National Immigration Law Center and Human Rights Watch.

“I’ll carry this until the end of my life,” Schwartz told the New Yorker. “There’s no righting it. But I like the idea that, the more copies that ‘The Art of the Deal’ sells, the more money I can donate to the people whose rights Trump seeks to abridge.”

chaos

#234 Post by chaos » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:09 am

Hype

#235 Post by Hype » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:08 pm

chaos wrote:Image
http://www.snopes.com/1998-trump-people-quote/
CLAIM: Donald Trump said in 1998 that he would one day run as a Republican because they are the "dumbest group of voters."

FALSE
There's enough to dislike about Trump and the idea of him as a genuine political candidate... no need to spread Facebook chain-email bullshit just because it sounds truthy.

chaos

#236 Post by chaos » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:27 pm

Hype wrote: http://www.snopes.com/1998-trump-people-quote/
CLAIM: Donald Trump said in 1998 that he would one day run as a Republican because they are the "dumbest group of voters."

FALSE
There's enough to dislike about Trump and the idea of him as a genuine political candidate... no need to spread Facebook chain-email bullshit just because it sounds truthy.

I posted it because I thought it was funny/ironic based on how things are playing out. I assumed it was a given that it is not true. Maybe it is for people in the US. :noclue:

SR

#237 Post by SR » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:56 pm

I believed it; its plausable, and I certainly wanted to. He's jumped political alliances before.

Artemis

#238 Post by Artemis » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:51 pm

From Robert Reich's Facebook page earlier today...
Yikes. Polls out today show Donald Trump surging to a lead over Hillary Clinton. In FiveThirtyEight's "Now Cast," which predicts what would happen if the election were today, Trump's odds are now 57.5 percent of winning to 42.5 percent for Clinton.
Part of the reason is Trump’s anticipated bump in the polls after the Republican convention. But Trump was on the rise even before the GOP convention. The FBI report condemning Hillary’s judgment over her emails didn't help.
Bottom line: Clinton and the Democrats now have four days to unify the party and take aim at Trump's megalomania, bigotry, xenophobia, and lies.
Frankly, I’m worried. What about you?
:scared:

kv

#239 Post by kv » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:01 pm

Two words.....electoral college

chaos

#240 Post by chaos » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:11 pm

Nate Silvers uses three models. The "polls only" model (which was updated 4 hours ago) shows Clinton 53.9/Trump 46.1.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/201 ... -forecast/

I guess I can sleep tonight. :lol:

As we move closer to the election, I may be reaching out to ANR's Canadian posters for references. :lol:

Tyler Durden

#241 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:43 am

The only time I want to see Donald Trump as "president" is in a homage to an 80s action movie (by Cannon) where he plays a corrupt CEO of a freight company that moonlights as a drug ring...

At the end of the movie, Van Damme fights him and finishes him off by gouging out his eyes, kicking him in the nuts, and throwing his ass down an elevator shaft where he gets impaled on a giant spike.

"Mr. Trump, YOU'RE FIRED!"

mockbee

#242 Post by mockbee » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:09 pm

Unless Hillary drastically alters her campaign to somehow scare people witless of the reality of a Trump presidency, Trump will win in November.

The true problem, already evident, is that facts and policy proposals no longer matter and I don't see a way that Hillary changes that.

It the election were held today, Trump wins. How is that possible? We have a country of voting zombies....

:jasper:

Tyler Durden

#243 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:51 pm

mockbee wrote:
It the election were held today, Trump wins. How is that possible? We have a country of voting zombies....
Not as of this day last week. However, that's the case today because he received a bump from the RNC. The DNC should help Hillary.

mockbee

#244 Post by mockbee » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:03 pm

Tyler Durden wrote:
mockbee wrote:
Not as of this day last week. However, that's the case today because he received a bump from the RNC. The DNC should help Hillary.
How is it even remotely close...........?

Trump knows the pulse of the disaffected in this country. there are so, so many zombies out there. they aren't paying attention to the ramifications of this....

Tyler Durden

#245 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:07 pm

mockbee wrote:
Tyler Durden wrote:
mockbee wrote:
How is it even remotely close...........?

Trump knows the pulse of the disaffected in this country. there are so, so many zombies out there. they aren't paying attention to the ramifications of this....
America is fucked, regardless of who wins (just worse if it's Trump). Glad I'm not an American. :lol:

Tyler Durden

#246 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:38 pm

:lolol:

kv

#247 Post by kv » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:16 pm

Trump does not win if the election is today....gawd people...he's way behind right now

SR

#248 Post by SR » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:31 pm

It's presently close. Far closer than it should be. Trump dominates with white, uneducated males.....something like 70%-30%. Bernie or bust people have to snap out of it, and Dems (elitists,minorities, low income, women, and LBGT's) have to show up. A hill win is absolutely critical. A crushing defeat would be optimal.

Trump's appeal to the disaffected demo is not the majority in this country. They are the Cletus's, Billy-bob's, Roscoe's, Bubba's, and Cleavon's of the country and they're pissed, armed, misogynistic, and racist.

Personally, I have never been more ashamed to be an American....more so than the Iraq invasion as this 'decision' is not unilateral (Fuckwit, Cheney, and Rummy being one) whereas the ascension of the Don and trumpublicans is somewhat pervasive in one of the two major parties.

kv

#249 Post by kv » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:41 pm

This country re elected bush jr...

Bernie or bust people are fucking stupid

Tyler Durden

#250 Post by Tyler Durden » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:41 pm

Seeing how he coined the name "Crooked Hillary", which should we go with?:

A) Donnie Douchebag

B) Donald McFuckface

C) Neo Con Von ScumFuck