"I Slept with My School Teacher"

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Hype

"I Slept with My School Teacher"

#1 Post by Hype » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:39 am

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/im-a-gir ... sucked-152
While I was still at school, our relationship got into weird territory. It started out with him lending me modern American novels and foreign movies. I'm from the pedestrian suburbs of London—you have no idea how grown-up and sophisticated watching Danish Dogme 95 cinema made me feel at 16; like Grace Kelly collecting her pension in elbow-length gloves. After this fairly innocuous start came the mixtapes, with handwritten cassette covers. This was my introduction to the Jesus and Mary Chain, Jane's Addiction, and Bowie. It wasn't just me he made them for. There was a select group of us, his little fans. We felt very special. I wonder now why other teachers weren't more concerned. He was in his mid-20s and had a long-term girlfriend, so maybe they thought they had no reason to be worried.
:confused: Alright, which one of you fuckups messed around with a student. :jasper:

Bandit72

Re: "I Slept with My School Teacher"

#2 Post by Bandit72 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:36 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/im-a-gir ... sucked-152
While I was still at school, our relationship got into weird territory. It started out with him lending me modern American novels and foreign movies. I'm from the pedestrian suburbs of London—you have no idea how grown-up and sophisticated watching Danish Dogme 95 cinema made me feel at 16; like Grace Kelly collecting her pension in elbow-length gloves. After this fairly innocuous start came the mixtapes, with handwritten cassette covers. This was my introduction to the Jesus and Mary Chain, Jane's Addiction, and Bowie. It wasn't just me he made them for. There was a select group of us, his little fans. We felt very special. I wonder now why other teachers weren't more concerned. He was in his mid-20s and had a long-term girlfriend, so maybe they thought they had no reason to be worried.
:confused: Alright, which one of you fuckups messed around with a student. :jasper:
Not me. Never lived in London! It's weird, as over here we get like one major 'teacher + pupil' story a year. Usually of legal age mind. Not that I'm saying that's right, but why have laws if you can't live with them?

Mescal

#3 Post by Mescal » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:47 am

It s rather a deontological than a legal question

Matz

#4 Post by Matz » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:07 am

Mescal wrote:deontological
this guy's from Europe and he's throwing words like this around! R-E-S-P-E-C-T........great work, man :nod:

Bandit72

#5 Post by Bandit72 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:21 pm

Mescal wrote:It s rather a deontological than a legal question
Oh for sure. But when do you pass the threshold of what is acceptable?

16 year old, 28 year old teacher?

18 year old, 51 year old professor?

Mescal

#6 Post by Mescal » Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:53 pm

Matz wrote:
Mescal wrote:deontological
this guy's from Europe and he's throwing words like this around! R-E-S-P-E-C-T........great work, man :nod:

:bigrin:

Thanks

Mescal

#7 Post by Mescal » Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:01 pm

Bandit72 wrote:

Well, not acceptable in anyway as far as I m concerned.

Like the girl said in the article, as a teacher you have a power over your students, and it s wrong to use that power to sleep with your students.

But it s inevitable that it happens. It happens in every school,, every year, .... we re humans ... we lust for the forbidden fruit

Bandit72

#8 Post by Bandit72 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:10 pm

So, as long as it's not a teacher, it's OK?

Hype

#9 Post by Hype » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:07 pm

It's only a "deontological" question if you think there *are* duties at all. Otherwise, it could just be a prudential or consequential question.

JOEinPHX

#10 Post by JOEinPHX » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:12 pm

You just know that dude put Classic Girl on that mixtape.

Essence_Smith

#11 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:19 pm

A friend of mine from HS got a statutory rape charge for messing with one of her students...10 years probation, no job, husband divorced her AND she got the sex offender status so she probably can't see her own kid without some sorta supervision... :no:

However...pretty sure this happens more than we think, and it's going to be more publicized as time goes on...I remember one of my teachers actually quit his job and got with a classmate of mine when she turned 18...crazy

blackcoffee

#12 Post by blackcoffee » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:44 pm

Not cool at all.

I wouldn't mind a chile pepper on rate your professor, though.

SR

#13 Post by SR » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:06 am

Mescal wrote:
Bandit72 wrote:

Well, not acceptable in anyway as far as I m concerned.

Like the girl said in the article, as a teacher you have a power over your students, and it s wrong to use that power to sleep with your students.

But it s inevitable that it happens. It happens in every school,, every year, .... we re humans ... we lust for the forbidden fruit
:nod:

SR

#14 Post by SR » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:09 am

Oh and the Dogme rules for cinema are so rigid they are completely absurd, especially in the face of masters who throughout centuries have shown art works well beyond them. :jasper:

creep
Site Admin

#15 Post by creep » Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:45 pm

just had a teacher here arrested today for hooking up with a 15 year old kid.

Artemis

#16 Post by Artemis » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:39 pm

Another one today.. :no:

A New Jersey high school teacher has been indicted on 40 counts of aggravated sexual assault and endangering the welfare of a child after she allegedly carried out sexual relationships with six students.

Nicole Dufault, a language arts teacher at Columbia High School in Maplewood, allegedly engaged in sexual behavior with the male students, aged 13 to 14, between 2013 and 2014. Police say some of the encounters occurred on the school's campus and in Dufault's car.

Among the evidence used to charge Dufault, Essex County Assistant Prosecutor Gina Iosim told NJ.com, is a video of Dufault performing oral sex on a student in the presence of another.

"If the video depicts certain things happening…that doesn't mean that my client's not innocent," Dufault's attorney Timothy Smith told NJ.com in September. "People are victimized by juveniles all the time."

Dufault, 35, was arrested by police last September for her alleged involvement with five students; by the time the case was presented to a grand jury, a sixth student had been discovered. She's been released on bail. Her two young children, CBS New York reports, have been placed in state custody; her husband reportedly left her last year.

Hype

#17 Post by Hype » Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:19 pm

I think it's a common assumption that most pedophilia and child (sex-)abuse is perpetrated by men, and that even when it is perpetrated by women, a lot of the time this isn't that big a deal (I guess because it's seen as natural that, at least teen, boys are already trying to fuck everything that can move (and also everything that can't move), so they're somehow treated as if capable of consent). Luckily this isn't legal. But it's interesting that the most publicized cases of female pedophilia and child sex-abuse seem to involve school teachers. I suppose one obvious explanation is that there are relatively rarer occasions in which adult women and boys will be in situations where these sorts of things could happen -- Churches happen to be mostly staffed by adult men, so that explains the lack of female pedophiles there. But the volume of cases being reported suggests that a lot of other kinds of female sexual abuse of boys is probably unreported -- you have to wonder if the father/uncle/cousin child-abuse cases are not so much a clear indicator of a difference between women and men, and that actually we're just not looking very hard at all, in either case. :no:

Also, don't get in relationships with subordinates or superiors even if you're both adults. It's just a really stupid idea, even though it can sometimes work out. It's a form of corruption that could easily be avoided.

LJF

#18 Post by LJF » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:01 pm

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2014 ... _bail.html

One more for Jersey. Interesting to see what happens since student was 18. If she didn't have the student in any of her classes or activities related to school and student was 18 can she be charged?

creep
Site Admin

#19 Post by creep » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:12 pm

these teachers sound like a lot of fun.

ImageImage
SANTA ANA, Calif.

Two teachers have been charged with having sex with students and providing alcohol and cocaine to them during an overnight beach camping trip in Southern California.

Thirty-eight-year-old Melody Lippert and 30-year-old Michelle Ghirelli are each charged with unlawful sexual intercourse and giving a controlled substance to a minor — both felony counts. The Orange County district attorney's office said Monday that Ghirelli is also charged with oral copulation of a minor.

Authorities say Lippert and Ghirelli allegedly gave alcohol and cocaine to students from West Covina's South Hills High School at San Clemente State Beach last year.