Bill Cosby

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
perkana

Re: Bill Cosby

#21 Post by perkana » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:15 pm

In my opinion, it's like comparing apples and oranges. One thing is to cheat on your wife and another hearing allegations about someone drugging women to abuse them or rape them.

Artemis

#22 Post by Artemis » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:28 pm

perkana wrote:In my opinion, it's like comparing apples and oranges. One thing is to cheat on your wife and another hearing allegations about someone drugging women to abuse them or rape them.
Yes, I agree. I'm not condoning extra marital affairs but it is much more palatable for me to deal with than a guy who gets off on drugging and abusing women. I'm sure Bill Cosby could have slept with any woman he wanted consensually.

Hype

#23 Post by Hype » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:33 pm

I think keeping accomplishments of heroes in perspective is helpful.

MLK was great, Bill was great, MJ was great, OJ was great... but not gods, and if people feel their work is tainted, they feel that, whether these guys played causal roles in good things happening (which I guess they did).

chaos

#24 Post by chaos » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:48 pm

And the lawsuits begin . . .
https://tv.yahoo.com/news/woman-sues-bi ... 00571.html

Woman sues Bill Cosby, claiming underage abuse
By ANTHONY McCARTNEY
1 hour ago

A Southern California woman has sued Cosby, claiming the comedian molested her around 1974 when she was 15 years old. Judith Huth claims in the sexual battery lawsuit filed Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2014. in Los Angeles that the molestation occurred in a bedroom of the Playboy Mansion.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Bill Cosby was sued Tuesday by a Southern California woman who claims the comedian molested her in a bedroom of the Playboy Mansion around 1974 when she was 15 years old.

Judy Huth's sexual battery lawsuit does not specify how much she is seeking from Cosby, who has in recent weeks faced renewed accusations that he drugged and sexually assaulted more than a dozen women for many years.

Huth's lawsuit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, however, is the first time a woman has gone public claiming Cosby abused her when she was underage. A second woman told Pittsburgh television station KDKA last month that Cosby drugged her to the point of unconsciousness in the 1980s when she was 15.

Huth's lawsuit states that she and a 16-year-old friend first met Cosby at a Los Angeles-area film shoot and the comedian gave the girls drinks a week later at a tennis club.

The lawsuit states that Cosby took them to the Playboy Mansion after several drinks, and told the teenagers to lie and say they were 19 years old if asked. Her lawsuit states Cosby forced her to perform a sex act on him with his hand.

An email message sent to Cosby's attorney Martin Singer was not immediately returned. Singer has denied previous accusations or said the women raising the claims in interviews had been discredited.

Singer's statement does not apply to a lawsuit brought in 2005 by Andrea Constand, who claimed Cosby drugged and molested her at his suburban Philadelphia mansion in 2004. Constand, who worked for the women's basketball team at Temple University, and Cosby settled the case before trial.

Cosby resigned from the university's board of trustees on Monday. He had been the school's public face, appearing in advertisements, fundraising campaigns and delivering commencement speeches.

The accusations have put a significant dent in Cosby's recent comeback efforts, forcing the cancellation of shows on his comedy tour and prompting Netflix and NBC to shelve projects featuring the comedian.

Cosby, 77, has never been criminally charged stemming from any of the sex-abuse allegations, many of which date back to the 1970s and 1980s.

Huth claims she suffered severe emotional distress and that she discovered its effect on her within the past three years, which allows her to file the lawsuit under California law.

"This traumatic incident, at such a tender age, has caused psychological damage and mental anguish for (Huth) that has caused significant problems throughout her life," the lawsuit states.

Pandemonium

#25 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:21 pm

chaos

#26 Post by chaos » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:16 pm

I didn't know he admitted to anything when he settled out of court in 2005.
http://news.yahoo.com/apnewsbreak-cosby ... 47466.html

APNewsBreak: Cosby said he got drugs to give women for sex
By MARYCLAIRE DALE
40 minutes ago

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he got Quaaludes with the intent of giving them to young women he wanted to have sex with, and he admitted giving the sedative to at least one woman and "other people," according to documents obtained Monday by The Associated Press.

The AP had gone to court to compel the release of the documents; Cosby's lawyers had objected on the grounds that it would embarrass their client.

The 77-year-old comedian was testifying under oath in a lawsuit filed by a former Temple University employee. He testified he gave her three half-pills of Benadryl.

Cosby settled that sexual-abuse lawsuit for undisclosed terms in 2006. His lawyers in the Philadelphia case did not immediately return phone calls Monday.

Cosby has been accused by more than two dozen women of sexual misconduct, including allegations by many that he drugged and raped them in incidents dating back more than four decades. Cosby, 77, has never been criminally charged, and most of the accusations are barred by statutes of limitations.

Cosby resigned in December from the board of trustees at Temple, where he was the popular face of the Philadelphia school in advertisements, fundraising campaigns and commencement speeches.

Pandemonium

#27 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:08 am

chaos wrote:I didn't know he admitted to anything when he settled out of court in 2005.
http://news.yahoo.com/apnewsbreak-cosby ... 47466.html

APNewsBreak: Cosby said he got drugs to give women for sex
By MARYCLAIRE DALE
40 minutes ago

PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he got Quaaludes with the intent of giving them to young women he wanted to have sex with, and he admitted giving the sedative to at least one woman and "other people," according to documents obtained Monday by The Associated Press.

The AP had gone to court to compel the release of the documents; Cosby's lawyers had objected on the grounds that it would embarrass their client.

The 77-year-old comedian was testifying under oath in a lawsuit filed by a former Temple University employee. He testified he gave her three half-pills of Benadryl.

Cosby settled that sexual-abuse lawsuit for undisclosed terms in 2006. His lawyers in the Philadelphia case did not immediately return phone calls Monday.

Cosby has been accused by more than two dozen women of sexual misconduct, including allegations by many that he drugged and raped them in incidents dating back more than four decades. Cosby, 77, has never been criminally charged, and most of the accusations are barred by statutes of limitations.

Cosby resigned in December from the board of trustees at Temple, where he was the popular face of the Philadelphia school in advertisements, fundraising campaigns and commencement speeches.
LOL, 3 half pills of Benadryl would probably put me down for a full day. Did Bill figure the girl had a runny nose and that would interfere with their "romantic" evening? I guess Cosby's reasoning during the deposition was "if I say I was sneaking gorilla biscuits(Quaaludes) in their drink, I'm in trouble, but if I say it was some over the counter allergy meds, I'm cool."

What I don't understand is how the AP was able to get at those sealed court docs. Usually in any sealed case,

perkana

#28 Post by perkana » Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:36 am

I finally read this last night. Runaways first bassist was only 16 when she was drugged and raped by their manager. Motherfucker has recently died.
She told me she never thought she’d go public with her rape, but last fall, she started seeing similar stories everywhere. More than a dozen women had come forward against Bill Cosby. Kesha filed a lawsuit alleging that she had been drugged and assaulted by her producer, Dr. Luke. And there were so many undergraduate women who were finally speaking up about sexual assault. “I realized, ‘Oh my God, this is what’s happening on college campuses,’” she said.

Jackie saw herself in those young women and knew all the hurt and shame that awaited them. “They have to be making the same value judgments about themselves as I made about me,” she explained. “I know from personal experience how all those things can eat away at you. They can take vibrant young people and turn them into something else.”
http://highline.huffingtonpost.com/arti ... ost-girls/

Angry Canine

#29 Post by Angry Canine » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:56 pm

I always thought his standup was funny. It doesn't make them less funny.
But there is no way any work could ever excuse what he did. It'd have been best if he got jailed and the jokes never came, but they did and stand on their own. The jokes didn't rape anybody.

And as far as TV shows, you're asking to write off a shitload of other people's time and effort as well to dismiss, and discard them.

Pandemonium

#30 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:13 am

perkana wrote:I finally read this last night. Runaways first bassist was only 16 when she was drugged and raped by their manager. Motherfucker has recently died.
She told me she never thought she’d go public with her rape, but last fall, she started seeing similar stories everywhere. More than a dozen women had come forward against Bill Cosby. Kesha filed a lawsuit alleging that she had been drugged and assaulted by her producer, Dr. Luke. And there were so many undergraduate women who were finally speaking up about sexual assault. “I realized, ‘Oh my God, this is what’s happening on college campuses,’” she said.

Jackie saw herself in those young women and knew all the hurt and shame that awaited them. “They have to be making the same value judgments about themselves as I made about me,” she explained. “I know from personal experience how all those things can eat away at you. They can take vibrant young people and turn them into something else.”
http://highline.huffingtonpost.com/arti ... ost-girls/
Kim Fowley was a piece of shit predatory pedophile, no two ways about it. He absolutely targeted underage girls. Worse, it wasn't any big secret amongst those in the industry in LA in the 70's and lurid stories about Fowley's "exploits" have circulated through the music community for decades.

perkana

#31 Post by perkana » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:52 pm