Bill Cosby

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Artemis

Bill Cosby

#1 Post by Artemis » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:51 pm

:mad:

The more I read about him the sicker I feel. I really hope there's a way to charge and convict him. I know many people have been defending him saying "innocent until proven guilty" but there are too many women coming forward to make it a one off situation that can be twisted to somehow make Bill Cosby the victim of someone who is trying to extort him for money or trying to get revenge for something.

creep
Site Admin

Re: Bill Cosby

#2 Post by creep » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:58 pm

i never liked the guy and always thought he was a dick. i also don't think he's funny. i remember the outrage when hannibal buriss talked shit about him a few months ago. since then ten or so new women came forward. he's a miserable old rapist.

Artemis

#3 Post by Artemis » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:01 pm

I wonder about his wife too. Did she know about this behavior or did she just think he was screwing around on the side?

Hype

#4 Post by Hype » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:22 am

Even if he hadn't sexually harassed/raped/drugged any women, he'd still be an asshole for the stuff we know with absolute certainty he did do, like the whole "sit and watch me eat curry, you stupid women interns" thing: http://gawker.com/female-letterman-staf ... 1662338989

The question I guess is really whether his comedy was ever good enough to merit bothering to listen to it ever again. I think probably not.

Essence_Smith

#5 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:06 am

I am an unapologetic Cosby fan...I love the Cosby show, it was a favorite of mine and always admired his promotion of education and higher learning in general. His comedy is unparalleled whether you like him or not, and I admire his accomplishments on TV, film, etc.

That being said I believe where there's smoke, there's fire...it appears that he may have paid a lot of people off which I don't understand doing if you're not guilty of anything...I hope the truth comes out either way because it's pretty disgusting stuff he's being accused of, but me personally if I didn't do anything, I'm coming out guns blazing against wrongful accusations. If he doesn't make a strong statement against his accusers on the surface it looks pretty shitty, but I still say let's get the facts first. There IS at least one case where someone was indeed convicted of trying to extort millions from him. I hope it's not true, but I definitely am wary of the number of people coming out of the woodworks...

SR

#6 Post by SR » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:08 am

He's a canoe douche. Douche canoe. :noclue:

Essence_Smith

#7 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:11 am

Have I told yalls how much I hate this whole "douche" as an insult phenomenon? :mad:

creep
Site Admin

#8 Post by creep » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:15 am

Essence_Smith wrote:Have I told yalls how much I hate this whole "douche" as an insult phenomenon? :mad:
if i was to guess i would say yes. :essence: :lol:

SR

#9 Post by SR » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:15 am

Essence_Smith wrote:Have I told yalls how much I hate this whole "douche" as an insult phenomenon? :mad:
No, but obviously it worked.

Essence_Smith

#10 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:17 am

Not that it matters, but we can definitely file it under white insults... :nod: :lol:

Hype

#11 Post by Hype » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:31 am

Essence_Smith wrote:Not that it matters, but we can definitely file it under white insults... :nod: :lol:
Yeah Cosby's no douche.

As for the Cosby show, it's like Seinfeld... you can't really claim the whole thing as "him", since there are teams of writers that made those productions successful. Cosby as a standup was somewhat influential, I guess, but just not my style. And he has always seemed semi-mentally challenged to me in interviews. I don't know why people laugh at that.

SR

#12 Post by SR » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:46 am

Essence_Smith wrote:Not that it matters, but we can definitely file it under white insults... :nod: :lol:
Segregation is segregation.

SR

#13 Post by SR » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:46 am

And Cosby is a douche.

creep
Site Admin

#14 Post by creep » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:48 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:he has always seemed semi-mentally challenged to me in interviews.
but he received a phony doctor of education degree. dr. cosby has to be super smart.

Essence_Smith

#15 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:41 pm

SR wrote:
Segregation is segregation.
:essence:
It was a joke...and besides all of that has gone out the window since white kids now call each other the N word... :hehe:
Adurentibus Spina wrote:
Yeah Cosby's no douche.

As for the Cosby show, it's like Seinfeld... you can't really claim the whole thing as "him", since there are teams of writers that made those productions successful. Cosby as a standup was somewhat influential, I guess, but just not my style. And he has always seemed semi-mentally challenged to me in interviews. I don't know why people laugh at that.
He was the face of it and if he didn't like something it was scrapped...down to the pictures on the wall and the colleges mentioned or depicted on the show...I didn't even know there were such things as black colleges until they popped up regularly on that show. Chris Rock and Eddie Murphy sum up Cosby comedy style very well...to paraphrase Chris, Bill's style is very hard to imitate...people don't even attempt it...Pryor did in his early career until he found his own style, but pretty much that's it...Pryor has clear influence through Eddie Murphy which filtered its way down to Chris and others, but Bill has no imitators because it's such a tough style...this is fucked up for me because I think Bill has clearly done a lot of good things for people...all out the window now if this is true...

perkana

#16 Post by perkana » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:53 pm

SR wrote:
No, but obviously it worked.
I just learned that insult yesterday :lol: douche canoe

perkana

#17 Post by perkana » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:06 pm

I can't watch the video, but I have to say that I was a big Cosby show fan and I agree with you ES. But it's like with what happened with Michael Jackson, you just can't expect us believe that he didn't do anything wrong when he pays off a bunch of people in a settlement to avoid going to trial.
In the wake of numerous rape accusations against the comedian, Che (Michael Che, SNL's Weekend Update cohost) pointed out how his biggest disappointment is the way the scandal has tarnished the reputation of Cosby's lovable sitcom dad character, Dr. Cliff Huxtable.
"TV Land pulled all re-runs of 'The Cosby Show,'" he continued. "I don't know how to feel about that because I don't know Bill Cosby, but Cliff Huxtable practically raised me. I love that dude!"
Cosby has been in the spotlight since comedian Hannibal Buress called him a "rapist" during a recent standup followed by several accusers stepping forward claiming the 77-year-old actor drugged them and sexually assaulted them while they were asleep years ago.
Che went on to say that with Dr. Huxtable's clean cut persona "the only thing he ever tried to sneak when people were asleep was a Hoagie."
"So while I may never forgive Bill Cosby, hopefully someday I can forgive Dr. Huxtable," he said, adding, "I mean, I know it's not the same thing but, I forgave Kramer."
Last edited by perkana on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Essence_Smith

#18 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:07 pm

I hate it...like when my jamaican friends used to call people pussy holes... :jasper:

perkana

#19 Post by perkana » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:08 pm

I prefer douchebag :noclue:

Essence_Smith

#20 Post by Essence_Smith » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:11 pm

perkana wrote:I can't watch the video, but I have to say that I was a big Cosby show fan and I agree with you ES. But it's like with what happened with Michael Jackson, you just can't expect us believe that he didn't do anything wrong when he pays off a bunch of people in a settlement to avoid going to trial.
In the wake of numerous rape accusations against the comedian, Che (Michael Che, SNL's Weekend Update cohost) pointed out how his biggest disappointment is the way the scandal has tarnished the reputation of Cosby's lovable sitcom dad character, Dr. Cliff Huxtable.
"TV Land pulled all re-runs of 'The Cosby Show,'" he continued. "I don't know how to feel about that because I don't know Bill Cosby, but Cliff Huxtable practically raised me. I love that dude!"
Cosby has been in the spotlight since comedian Hannibal Buress called him a "rapist" during a recent standup followed by several accusers stepping forward claiming the 77-year-old actor drugged them and sexually assaulted them while they were asleep years ago.
Che went on to say that with Dr. Huxtable's clean cut persona "the only thing he ever tried to sneak when people were asleep was a Hoagie."
"So while I may never forgive Bill Cosby, hopefully someday I can forgive Dr. Huxtable," he said, adding, "I mean, I know it's not the same thing but, I forgave Kramer."
http://player.theplatform.com/p/NnzsPC/ ... lID=148621
Yeah very sad if it's true, I even forgot about how cool the Little Bill show was...everything he worked for tainted...that being said...the FBI had Martin Luther King Jr under surveillance for years and it's come out in recent years that he cheated on his wife, etc... does this take away from what he accomplished to you guys?

perkana

#21 Post by perkana » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:15 pm

In my opinion, it's like comparing apples and oranges. One thing is to cheat on your wife and another hearing allegations about someone drugging women to abuse them or rape them.

Artemis

#22 Post by Artemis » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:28 pm

perkana wrote:In my opinion, it's like comparing apples and oranges. One thing is to cheat on your wife and another hearing allegations about someone drugging women to abuse them or rape them.
Yes, I agree. I'm not condoning extra marital affairs but it is much more palatable for me to deal with than a guy who gets off on drugging and abusing women. I'm sure Bill Cosby could have slept with any woman he wanted consensually.

Hype

#23 Post by Hype » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:33 pm

I think keeping accomplishments of heroes in perspective is helpful.

MLK was great, Bill was great, MJ was great, OJ was great... but not gods, and if people feel their work is tainted, they feel that, whether these guys played causal roles in good things happening (which I guess they did).

chaos

#24 Post by chaos » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:48 pm

And the lawsuits begin . . .
https://tv.yahoo.com/news/woman-sues-bi ... 00571.html

Woman sues Bill Cosby, claiming underage abuse
By ANTHONY McCARTNEY
1 hour ago

A Southern California woman has sued Cosby, claiming the comedian molested her around 1974 when she was 15 years old. Judith Huth claims in the sexual battery lawsuit filed Tuesday, Dec. 2, 2014. in Los Angeles that the molestation occurred in a bedroom of the Playboy Mansion.

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Bill Cosby was sued Tuesday by a Southern California woman who claims the comedian molested her in a bedroom of the Playboy Mansion around 1974 when she was 15 years old.

Judy Huth's sexual battery lawsuit does not specify how much she is seeking from Cosby, who has in recent weeks faced renewed accusations that he drugged and sexually assaulted more than a dozen women for many years.

Huth's lawsuit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, however, is the first time a woman has gone public claiming Cosby abused her when she was underage. A second woman told Pittsburgh television station KDKA last month that Cosby drugged her to the point of unconsciousness in the 1980s when she was 15.

Huth's lawsuit states that she and a 16-year-old friend first met Cosby at a Los Angeles-area film shoot and the comedian gave the girls drinks a week later at a tennis club.

The lawsuit states that Cosby took them to the Playboy Mansion after several drinks, and told the teenagers to lie and say they were 19 years old if asked. Her lawsuit states Cosby forced her to perform a sex act on him with his hand.

An email message sent to Cosby's attorney Martin Singer was not immediately returned. Singer has denied previous accusations or said the women raising the claims in interviews had been discredited.

Singer's statement does not apply to a lawsuit brought in 2005 by Andrea Constand, who claimed Cosby drugged and molested her at his suburban Philadelphia mansion in 2004. Constand, who worked for the women's basketball team at Temple University, and Cosby settled the case before trial.

Cosby resigned from the university's board of trustees on Monday. He had been the school's public face, appearing in advertisements, fundraising campaigns and delivering commencement speeches.

The accusations have put a significant dent in Cosby's recent comeback efforts, forcing the cancellation of shows on his comedy tour and prompting Netflix and NBC to shelve projects featuring the comedian.

Cosby, 77, has never been criminally charged stemming from any of the sex-abuse allegations, many of which date back to the 1970s and 1980s.

Huth claims she suffered severe emotional distress and that she discovered its effect on her within the past three years, which allows her to file the lawsuit under California law.

"This traumatic incident, at such a tender age, has caused psychological damage and mental anguish for (Huth) that has caused significant problems throughout her life," the lawsuit states.

Pandemonium

#25 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:21 pm