Secret Service

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
LJF

Secret Service

#1 Post by LJF » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:32 am

There sure seems to be a lot of problems with the secret service. If it was up to me Julia Pierson would be looking for a new job.

SR

Re: Secret Service

#2 Post by SR » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:43 am

When I went to the first Obama inauguration, I was amazed at how easy it looked to get to the White House. Easy 10 ft wrought iron fence and about 50 (?) yds to the steps. Didn't seem like anyone was watching, but of course they were...... :noclue:

LJF

#3 Post by LJF » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:02 am

Guy jumps the fence and gets into the white house, sorry but someone needs to answer for that. That just can't happen. Also the story of the private security contractor in the elevator with the president and the guy had a guy that secret service didn't know about. Again this shit can't happen. Too much going on in the world right now, for these kinds of things to happen.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/3 ... 10214.html

Essence_Smith

#4 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:22 am

I am seriously wondering why the public is even allowed to know about these supposed security breaches...I think stuff like this has probably happened a lot in the past and we just weren't as privy to knowing about it. I really think in the attempt to make the current administration look like crap the media is being allowed to toss this stuff out there and for God knows what reason...I still enjoy watching that guy who tossed not one, but TWO shoes at GW... :hehe:

SR

#5 Post by SR » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:45 am

Essence_Smith wrote:I am seriously wondering why the public is even allowed to know about these supposed security breaches...I think stuff like this has probably happened a lot in the past and we just weren't as privy to knowing about it. I really think in the attempt to make the current administration look like crap the media is being allowed to toss this stuff out there and for God knows what reason...I still enjoy watching that guy who tossed not one, but TWO shoes at GW... :hehe:
Yr for more non transparency? :confused:

Essence_Smith

#6 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:05 am

SR wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:I am seriously wondering why the public is even allowed to know about these supposed security breaches...I think stuff like this has probably happened a lot in the past and we just weren't as privy to knowing about it. I really think in the attempt to make the current administration look like crap the media is being allowed to toss this stuff out there and for God knows what reason...I still enjoy watching that guy who tossed not one, but TWO shoes at GW... :hehe:
Yr for more non transparency? :confused:
No...but give me some information that pertains to my personal safety...call me selfish but I'm a lot less concerned with the guy storming the White House than I am the guy storming my house. That being said, if the Prez isn't safe, we're all in trouble... :hehe:

I think the "safety" issue or at least one's concern for it here in America varies greatly depending on one's culture...I remember a discussion I had with two friends years ago shortly after 9-11. One friend was black, the other was white...my white friend seemed to think everything was all good when it came to this new Patriot Act they were rolling out, while my black friend and myself were more concerned about the issue of personal privacy being violated in the name of security. (Were we wrong?) So my white friend said "anything the government feels they need to do so I feel safe is all good"...in unison my black friend and I said "you actually felt safe before all this?" My white friend looked at me confused and I very tactlessly rubbed the brown part of my hand in response...he took the meaning and got pretty offended, but as I tried to explain, how "safe" you feel in America is directly tied to your race imho...I don't think I need to go any deeper than that...

LJF

#7 Post by LJF » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:51 am

I think we all know my opinion of the president, but I have deep concerns when shit like this happens. No one should be able to get that close to the president.

chaos

#8 Post by chaos » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:16 am

LJF wrote:I think we all know my opinion of the president, but I have deep concerns when shit like this happens. No one should be able to get that close to the president.
Unless you are an armed protester in Arizona . . . :scared:

http://caffertyfile.blogs.cnn.com/2009/ ... president/

Hype

#9 Post by Hype » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:03 am

This seems like the kind of event/news story designed to take attention away from other events.

Pandemonium

#10 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:36 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:This seems like the kind of event/news story designed to take attention away from other events.
I think this story's shelf life is about done. The Ebola story is going to be front and center for the next few weeks.

Hype

#11 Post by Hype » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:46 am