Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Pandemonium

NYC Muslim Day Parade

#1 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:23 pm

Tha fuck?

Artemis

Re: NYC Muslim Day Parade

#2 Post by Artemis » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:39 pm

Wow, I don't know what to say about that parade. What's with hanging a female mannequin wrapped in an Egyptian flag all about??

Xizen47

#3 Post by Xizen47 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:41 pm

Artemis wrote:Wow, I don't know what to say about that parade. What's with hanging a female mannequin wrapped in an Egyptian flag all about??
Hate and intolerance- it's what most religions are about :crazy:

Essence_Smith

#4 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:02 am

A handful of nutjobs on the streets of NY does not a parade make...this wasn't covered by any of the local news media. I have a feeling there were less than 100 people there...let us move on...

Pandemonium

#5 Post by Pandemonium » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:36 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:A handful of nutjobs on the streets of NY does not a parade make...this wasn't covered by any of the local news media. I have a feeling there were less than 100 people there...let us move on...
Remember, this is the 21st Century - where a handful of nutjobs can change the course of world history.

Essence_Smith

#6 Post by Essence_Smith » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:15 pm

Pandemonium wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:A handful of nutjobs on the streets of NY does not a parade make...this wasn't covered by any of the local news media. I have a feeling there were less than 100 people there...let us move on...
Remember, this is the 21st Century - where a handful of nutjobs can change the course of world history.
If that was the best they could come up with for a "muslim day parade" (and I have NEVER heard of one prior to this thread) then I doubt we have anything to worry about...

Romeo

#7 Post by Romeo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:A handful of nutjobs on the streets of NY does not a parade make.....
But it does in New Orleans :lol: They are some crazy mofo's. They get receive their Saints season tickets....they have a parade. :lol:

Plus I just googled it and not one mainstream media outlet covered this, nor did I hear about it.

Essence_Smith

#8 Post by Essence_Smith » Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:28 pm

Romeo wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:A handful of nutjobs on the streets of NY does not a parade make.....
But it does in New Orleans :lol: They are some crazy mofo's. They get receive their Saints season tickets....they have a parade. :lol:

Plus I just googled it and not one mainstream media outlet covered this, nor did I hear about it.
Yeah Nawlins gets in cracking for sure... :lol:

I think it's a bogus story actually; I mean I think something happened, but this would have been national news if it really occurred on Muslim Day in NY of all places...it seems like a propaganda piece. That street does run both ways...

Romeo

#9 Post by Romeo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:43 am

Essence_Smith wrote:
Romeo wrote:

Yeah Nawlins gets in cracking for sure... :lol:

I think it's a bogus story actually; I mean I think something happened, but this would have been national news if it really occurred on Muslim Day in NY of all places...it seems like a propaganda piece. That street does run both ways...
agreed.
Especially in NY and around the 9/11 anniversary. Mainstream news media would be salivating

Pandemonium

#10 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:20 am

Romeo wrote:I think it's a bogus story actually; I mean I think something happened, but this would have been national news if it really occurred on Muslim Day in NY of all places...it seems like a propaganda piece. That street does run both ways...
agreed.
Especially in NY and around the 9/11 anniversary. Mainstream news media would be salivating[/quote]

It was a real event, albeit a very small one with a turnout of about 150 people. I only heard about it via a link one another forum and had to dig to find any decent and somewhat balanced coverage of it. The sheer absurdity of the video clips is what caught my attention. Apparently the marchers wanted to carry plastic but real looking guns but NYC cops took them away leaving them with plastic tubes instead.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/muslim-parade ... id/594738/

Romeo

#11 Post by Romeo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:35 am

my favorite parade in NOLA is their St Patrick's day parade. It is tradition that they lob cabbage, carrots & potatoes from the floats to the crowds. you go with a sack and try to catch as many vegetables as you can. you go home & use it in your corned beef & cabbage.

http://www.stpatricksdayneworleans.com/history.html

Could you IMAGINE lobbing heavy cabbages and potatoes at a crowd in NYC?? RIOT!!!!! :lol:

guysmiley

#12 Post by guysmiley » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:11 pm

I'm not totally sure what point their trying to get across. Maybe it's a protest against Egypt? Well, they should at least be thankful they're in a country that doesn't imprison or kill people for their public opinions.