Knock Out Game

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
blackula

Knock Out Game

#1 Post by blackula » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:26 pm

Teens are sneaking up on unsuspecting pedestrians and knocking them out. According to the news this is all the rage in NYC. I'm ain't never scared....this is all media blitz in my opinion. I'm sure it's happening, the videos are there. But, I always have a skeptical approach when it's on the news. Is this really a rampant crime? Or, is it a handful of crimes that is sensationalized and reported for ratings? Just curious

Larry B.

Re: Knock Out Game

#2 Post by Larry B. » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:58 pm

Knock out might be the new Cheesing! Someone please think of the children!

Essence_Smith

#3 Post by Essence_Smith » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:30 am

OK... knockout is an OLD concept...I think it's getting play in part because we now have videos (in my youth it was something like urban legend unless you actually saw it happen) and also because of who's getting knocked out if you take my meaning...DISGUSTING shit...very silly and fucked up thing to be doing...my peers that did stuff like that did it to young guys like themselves...these assholes are doing it to women and old people...fucked up either way...but regardless of whether or not its rampant or not I think it's getting attention because the videos are out there...

Mescal

#4 Post by Mescal » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:36 am

wasn't this called happy slapping?

That's not even hip anymore

Essence_Smith

#5 Post by Essence_Smith » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:47 am

Nah...slapping is different...the point of this is to actually hit someone hard enough that you render them unconscious...

Hokahey
Site Admin

#6 Post by Hokahey » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:22 am

This has been a major issue in St. Louis for years now. Funny that it's getting so much attention now that it's spreading in to NYC.

Young black youths targeting older asians and whites.

In a city with a thick racial divide and negative perceptions of african americans, this certainly hasn't helped with either.

SR

#7 Post by SR » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:22 am

One of my right leaning friends on fb posted something about race and one of the victims today. I thought it was just a moron and his computer; there's something to this?

Artemis

#8 Post by Artemis » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:31 am

I don't think the 'knock out game' is a thing here.

What is it? A person will just punch out a random stranger and run away?? :noclue:

crater

#9 Post by crater » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:39 am

Essence_Smith wrote:OK... knockout is an OLD concept...I think it's getting play in part because we now have videos.
I can confirm that it's been around since 1992. I know it was 1992, because that's the year I got my drivers license. While walking with a girlfriend to check out a truck that was for sale a few streets over, some punk in a truck full of his friends jumped out, ran up behind me and said "what's up dude" and blasted me. I wasn't knocked out, but I was knocked on my ass by it.

A lady got the plate of the truck and after I contacted the police they tracked it down. It turned out that the guy that hit me was 24 and already on probation for assaulting someone else the same way. The police told me that it was a "game" that these guys played to drive around and punch random people they would see walking down the street.

I have no doubt that had this happened to me in 2012 and not 1992, a video of it would have been on Youtube or Worldstar.

And to show that this game is played by everyone, the guy that hit me and his friends were white.

Artemis

#10 Post by Artemis » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:42 am

That's really shitty it happened it to you, crater.

clickie

#11 Post by clickie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:06 am

Yeah that sucks Crater, at least you didnt get your teeth knocked out or something. When I was in High School some of the jocks at my school and other local school did it too. They called it a "hit and run" or just a "hit". I don't think they'd do it to women or elderly people though. But it was just random strangers minding their own.

Jasper

#12 Post by Jasper » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:47 am

SR wrote:One of my right leaning friends on fb posted something about race and one of the victims today. I thought it was just a moron and his computer; there's something to this?
Maybe you should listen to your friend more often.

It's a "game" played by "youths" and "teens", which in news lingo means they're desperately avoiding saying young black males. There have been several fatalities.

Sounds like crater got punched by some white guy 20 years ago, but that's an anomaly.

SR

#13 Post by SR » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:03 pm

Well, not likely unless I want to read up on Christ and 'Merica...and other alarmingly paranoid interpretations of already irrational tea bagger dogma. He's escaped my recent thinning of friends because we grew up together. :noclue: he's earned the right to be ignored. That said, I have no left wing guilt ridden illusions that some black people hate white people and will behave as barbarians. In this case, I just don't know. Still don't.

Essence_Smith

#14 Post by Essence_Smith » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:15 pm

Jasper wrote:
SR wrote:One of my right leaning friends on fb posted something about race and one of the victims today. I thought it was just a moron and his computer; there's something to this?
Maybe you should listen to your friend more often.

It's a "game" played by "youths" and "teens", which in news lingo means they're desperately avoiding saying young black males. There have been several fatalities.

Sounds like crater got punched by some white guy 20 years ago, but that's an anomaly.
Oh yes, it's only black youth acting up in this country as you see it, am I correct? Please feel free to post as much in the way of statistics, articles, etc to back up your clear BIAS...while I would definitely be a fool ignore the large number of black youth that do act up, I would also be doing a MAJOR disservice to people of color by going by the assumption that acts such as these are exclusively committed by black kids...I have no issue with people calling things what they are, but I do have issue with people who judge groups of people by the worst examples of those groups they can find.
SR wrote:Well, not likely unless I want to read up on Christ and 'Merica...and other alarmingly paranoid interpretations of already irrational tea bagger dogma. He's escaped my recent thinning of friends because we grew up together. :noclue: he's earned the right to be ignored. That said, I have no left wing guilt ridden illusions that some black people hate white people and will behave as barbarians. In this case, I just don't know. Still don't.
The "news" here is that it's black kids doing it to white people...when it was black kids doing it to other black kids, or in Crater's case a white guy doing it to another white guy it wasn't news...but just to give people something talk about and another reason for us to dislike, hate or take issue with one another; here we are talking about what I am SURE is a very small number of individuals doing something extremely ignorant as if it were all the rage...you have blacks vs whites and video footage so you can take something as old and silly as this and make it national news, and perpetuate it to the point where it seems like its widespread...

SR

#15 Post by SR » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:14 pm

"Extremely ignorant"? Did you mean this in response to, or in any way to define a cowardly, violent, or deadly ambush on people who have been afforded no opportunity to protect themselves and any subsequent emotional consequences of their loved ones will inevitably feel?

Pandemonium

#16 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:04 pm

SR wrote:"Extremely ignorant"? Did you mean this in response to, or in any way to define a cowardly, violent, or deadly ambush on people who have been afforded no opportunity to protect themselves and any subsequent emotional consequences of their loved ones will inevitably feel?
Whu...? ES is merely saying that he's picking up a bias against a certain demographic because of the actions of a very small minority of thugs in that demographic - black people. I don't see him defending the actions in any way at all.

SR

#17 Post by SR » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:17 pm

I re-read the post, and wasn't clear. I'm still not it appears

SR

#18 Post by SR » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:23 pm

Essence_Smith wrote:
SR wrote:Well, not likely unless I want to read up on Christ and 'Merica...and other alarmingly paranoid interpretations of already irrational tea bagger dogma. He's escaped my recent thinning of friends because we grew up together. :noclue: he's earned the right to be ignored. That said, I have no left wing guilt ridden illusions that some black people hate white people and will behave as barbarians. In this case, I just don't know. Still don't.
The "news" here is that it's black kids doing it to white people...when it was black kids doing it to other black kids, or in Crater's case a white guy doing it to another white guy it wasn't news...but just to give people something talk about and another reason for us to dislike, hate or take issue with one another; here we are talking about what I am SURE is a very small number of individuals doing something extremely ignorant as if it were all the rage...you have blacks vs whites and video footage so you can take something as old and silly as this and make it national news, and perpetuate it to the point where it seems like its widespread...
Yeah, I think I read it properly. And I'm not sure why, if this isn't a widespread thing, even a single event it's not worthy of being addressed. In any event, maybe es can clarify.

Essence_Smith

#19 Post by Essence_Smith » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:33 pm

SR wrote:
Essence_Smith wrote:
Yeah, I think I read it properly. And I'm not sure why, if this isn't a widespread thing, even a single event it's not worthy of being addressed. In any event, maybe es can clarify.
Pandy has it right...I am in NO way defending those guys...whether its wide spread or not, I find it slightly ironic that now it's getting attention when its nothing new, and I didn't appreciate Jasper's attempt to single out "black youth" as the only ones who could possibly do something like this. It's fucked up and I think we're all in agreement there; I just feel like bringing the race thing into it is somewhat silly...and again I do feel the number of kids out there doing this is likely very very small and the press it's getting doesn't reflect this. Also it apparently is an issue with some that it's not being expressly pointed out that some of the kids in the video are black...this of course doesn't take it to account that a.) some of the videos already show this and b.) historically speaking blacks in the media have been portrayed as inherently savage, violent criminals, etc...the saddest part of it all is you have a good number of black people who feed into the stereotypes and help to perpetuate it as well. That being said for the umpteenth time...it doesn't give people an excuse to judge a group of people by the worst examples they can find.

Jasper

#20 Post by Jasper » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:32 am

Essence_Smith wrote:I didn't appreciate Jasper's attempt to single out "black youth" as the only ones who could possibly do something like this.
Don't put words in my mouth. I never said black youth are the only ones who could do this. Unfortunately for you, it's black youths who ARE doing it (mostly youths, some older). If you don't think there's a particular problem with violent crime and blacks then you're living in an illusory world borne of ignorance and/or denial.

Not everyone is going to be completely blinded by the media, government, and academia brainwashing. You cannot rely on "white guilt" across the board (though you can rely on it most of the time), and you cannot rely on everyone following your double standards or being so hypnotized by politically correctness that they can look facts right in the face then immediately engage in mad contortions to explain them away.

If it had been fat people intentionally sitting on people and smothering them, you wouldn't care if their fatness was mentioned. If it were non-blacks playing this game against blacks you would be up in arms, bellowing from the highest tower about the oppression, injustice, racism, "privilege", and whatever else you could think of.
Essence_Smith wrote:I just feel like bringing the race thing into it is somewhat silly
Nobody "brought" race into it. The fact, again, is that it's a pastime of black youths. Not all, not most, not a lot, but far too many. Pretending otherwise is completely disingenuous.
Essence_Smith wrote:Also it apparently is an issue with some that it's not being expressly pointed out that some of the kids in the video are black...this of course doesn't take it to account that a.) some of the videos already show this and b.) historically speaking blacks in the media have been portrayed as inherently savage, violent criminals, etc...
The media goes above and beyond in hiding black crime. In this case, specifically targeting Jews, who dominate entertainment and news media, was not a good public relations strategy. This may help you understand why something which has been going on for years is now receiving more attention.
Essence_Smith wrote:it doesn't give people an excuse to judge a group of people by the worst examples they can find.
I didn't find anyone saying all black people are playing the knockout game, ES, but the reality is that black males have a statistically significant violent crime problem, and this fact is very easily demonstrated. I think you mentioned statistics. I really don't know if you want that. Knowing you, cold hard statistics might melt your face. I'm not sure if I want that on my conscience. I did post an article with some statistical info a few months ago (written by a black American). It wasn't in depth, but it did skim the subject.

In keeping with said article and something I said months ago, I'll now defer to a black man:
Thugs target Jews in sick ‘knockout’ game

By Thomas Sowell

November 19, 2013 | 5:36am

New York City police authorities are investigating a series of unprovoked physical attacks in public places on people who are Jewish, in the form of what is called “the knockout game.”

The way the game is played, one of a number of young blacks decides to show that he can knock down some stranger on the streets, preferably with one punch, as they pass by. Often, some other member of the group records the event so that a video of that “achievement” is put on the Internet to be celebrated.

The New York authorities describe a recent series of such attacks and, because Jews have been singled out in these attacks, are considering prosecuting these assaults as hate crimes.

Many aspects of these crimes are extremely painful to think about, including the fact that responsible authorities in New York seem to have been caught by surprise, even though this knockout game has been played for years by young black gangs in other cities and other states, against people besides Jews — the victims being either whites in general or people of Asian ancestry.

Attacks of this sort have been rampant in St. Louis. But they have also occurred in Massachusetts, Wisconsin and elsewhere. In Illinois, the game has often been called “polar-bear hunting” by the young thugs, presumably because the targets are white.

The main reason for many people’s surprise is that the mainstream media have usually suppressed news about the knockout game or about other and larger forms of similar orchestrated racial violence in dozens of cities in every region of the country. Sometimes, the attacks are reported, but only as isolated attacks by unspecified “teens” or “young people” against unspecified victims, without any reference to the racial makeup of the attackers or the victims — and with no mention of racial epithets by the young hoodlums exulting in their own “achievement.”

Despite such pious phrases as “troubled youths,” the attackers are often in a merry, festive mood. In a sustained mass attack in Milwaukee, going far beyond the dimensions of a passing knockout game, the attackers were laughing and eating chips, as if it were a picnic. One of them observed casually, “White girl bleed a lot.”

That phrase — “White Girl Bleed a Lot” — is also the title of a book by Colin Flaherty, which documents both the racial attacks across the nation and the media attempts to cover them up, as well as the local political and police officials who try to say that race had nothing to do with these attacks.

Chapter 2 of the 2013 edition is titled “The Knockout Game, St. Louis Style.” So this is nothing new, however new it may be to some in New York, thanks to the media’s political correctness.

Nor is this game just a passing prank. People have been beaten unconscious, both in this game and in the wider orchestrated racial attacks. Some of these victims have been permanently disabled, and some have died from their injuries.

But most of the media see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil. In such an atmosphere, the evil not only persists but grows.

Some in the media, as well as in politics, may think that they are trying to avoid provoking a race war by ignoring or playing down these attacks. But the way to prevent a race war is by stopping these attacks, not trying to sanitize them.

If these attacks continue, and continue to grow, more and more people are going to know about them, regardless of the media or the politicians. Responsible people of all races need to support a crackdown on these attacks, which can provoke a white backlash that can escalate into a race war. But political expediency leads in the opposite direction.

What is politically expedient is to do what Attorney General Eric Holder is doing — launch campaigns against schools that discipline a “disproportionate” number of black male students. New York City’s new liberal mayor-elect is expected to put a stop to police “stop-and-frisk” policies that have reduced the murder rate to one-fourth of what it was under liberal mayors of the past.

Apparently, political correctness trumps human lives.

Providing cover for hoodlums is a disservice to everybody, including members of every race, and even the hoodlums themselves. Better that they should be suppressed and punished now, rather than continue on a path that is likely to lead to prison, or even to the execution chamber.

Thomas Sowell is a senior fellow at the Hoover Institution, Stanford University.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/19/thugs-targ ... kout-game/

SR

#21 Post by SR » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:20 am

Thomas Sowell is a national treasure. :nod:

In an effort to be fair to my WW2 vet, Brooks Bros suit wearing, East coast educated, Fox viewing father I agreed to pick up "Intellectual's and Society". I was smug and fortified to debunk line by line any material I considered objectionable or poorly reasoned....nothing was infected. If my father was looking for support in any backwards fashion for lightweight positions absorbed via Fox, it wasn't through Sowell. It was a joy, almost a revelation to read this gentleman and his brilliant and non infected take on so many important issues. He's a true renaissance thinker. "Black Rednecks and White Liberals" is another I'd suggest since this thread has evolved.

SR

#22 Post by SR » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:45 am

"It's a macho thing". :crazy:

Small trend, social epidemic, or social pandemic....all non factors. This has to be met with swift and harsh justice

Essence_Smith

#23 Post by Essence_Smith » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:47 am

My initial reaction was in line with everyone else's here...this "game" is and always has been fucked up...it's fucked up when its black on black, white on white, etc...we all agree there. I didn't appreciate Jasper's "anomaly" statement and in line with things he's said in the past I feel it's very easy to state the obvious and use situations like this to highlight the fact that there are some violent black people out there and yes definitely some numbers that if you look at them would make things seem quite hopeless. News flash to anyone here who doubts it...I once fell into the category of "black youth" and had to deal with all that comes with that and still do. Make no mistakes about it, we definitely have a problem and contrary to what some may believe I am NOT an apologist for violent behavior whether it be from black people or anyone else. I DO think that to have a straight conversation regarding black people and violence we have an obligation to think about cause and effect...there are reasons violence is so prevalent and I think if you really want to have a productive and progressive conversation you need to not only point out the fact, but look at the reasons why.

Regarding the media and Jasper's assertion that they go out of their way to HIDE "black crime"...here's my issue...this "game" has been around for as at least one of us can personally attest to a few decades...all of the sudden a jewish person gets hurt and it's national news? Problem here either way, but from the looks of it, it's less important and news worthy when black people are doing it to one another...I understand the phenomenon perfectly, but the point bears being stated.

Also what in the world is "black crime"??? Is it a bunch of acts mostly committed by black people? Why do we make the distinction in the first place? Why is shooting up a school not called a "white crime"? I'm being "funny" of course but again it bears being stated that when one is trying to have a discourse on race, crime, etc it's fair to call attention to the slant...these are subtle ways for prejudice to fall in and taint a conversation which is what I feel I'm observing now.

As far as cold, hard statistics and them "melting my face"....dude I grew up in Flatbush, Brooklyn...plenty of stories to tell, and I witnessed plenty of violence...it doesn't make me an expert but I'd venture to say that I'm fairly well acquainted with specific situations that contributed to the face melting statistics you feel might shock me...it's shameful and again I make no apologies either way. But stop painting a picture in your mind that I'm making excuses or allowances for black people doing fucked up things because I hold the opinions I do or feel the need to point out the other side of a discussion...it's not a double standard to ask for people to look at cause and effect as opposed to hearing people point out a fact and refusing to look at why things are the way they are. It's just too easy to say black people are violent and stop it there; there's a reason why and something needs to be done...another thing that gets NO press is the anti-violence movements/rallies and the like that occur in MANY minority areas...but again, part of the same laziness.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#24 Post by Hokahey » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:49 am

In St. Louis, the knockout game seems to be exclusive to black youth targetting older people of other races.

wally

#25 Post by wally » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:58 pm

Essence_Smith wrote: Why is shooting up a school not called a "white crime"?
Seung Hui Cho