Rick Perry on the Economy

#1 Post by chaos » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:26 pm

"It is a lesson from God." :eyes:

Frightening.

What a way to abdicate responsibility.

Jasper

Re: Rick Perry on the Economy

#2 Post by Jasper » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:08 pm

I hear Perry has overtaken Romney in the polls. Damn shame...I guess. You can bet your ass that I'd rather have Romney for prez. As for independents and such, you can bet your sweet, sweet ass that they'd (we'd) rather have Romney as well. I can't see Perry faring too well among the independents, and the Repubs need independents.

On the plus side, the Repubs might be getting closer to picking someone who will never be able to topple Obama. That''s a plus for me because, despite Obama's spotty record, I've still got more in common with him than the Repubs, though not enough to be a Dem.

As creep would say, it is what it is. :tiphat:

creep
Site Admin

#3 Post by creep » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:14 pm

if my choices were from this guy, bachmann, palin and romney it would have to be romney.

it's hard to believe that the republicans can't come up with a better candidate.

Jasper

#4 Post by Jasper » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:21 pm

creep wrote:if my choices were from this guy, bachmann, palin and romney it would have to be romney.

it's hard to believe that the republicans can't come up with a better candidate.
Oh, they can't believe it either. The wiser among them have been praying for something better, and it hasn't come. Despite Obama's unenviable ratings, they've got a real uphill battle. Obama's about equal with all of the Repub candidates right now. I'm betting that as soon as they choose their candidate, and if it's not Romney, Obama's gonna pull ahead almost instantaneously.

I like Herman Cain. That guy just doesn't have that little thing in his head that censors his thoughts. I could listen to him all day.

Juana

#5 Post by Juana » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:05 am

Rick Perry is an idiot the one thing about Austin I hate is him being in the mansion.

ellis

#6 Post by ellis » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:56 am

I think the Dem's need to ditch Biden as VP and put Hillary Clinton on the ticket.

We need someone with a set of balls to get Washington moving. Hillary has no problems being aggressive. Honestly... I think she would have been a better choice for pres. I think Obama is too soft and is trying too hard to be everybodys friend. We need a leader.

The best that the Republicans have who has a chance in hell at getting elected is Romney. Sure there are better candidates lets face it... it's a popularity contest, not a job application.

creep
Site Admin

#7 Post by creep » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:00 am

ellis wrote:I think the Dem's need to ditch Biden as VP and put Hillary Clinton on the ticket.

We need someone with a set of balls to get Washington moving. Hillary has no problems being aggressive. Honestly... I think she would have been a better choice for pres. I think Obama is too soft and is trying too hard to be everybodys friend. We need a leader.

The best that the Republicans have who has a chance in hell at getting elected is Romney. Sure there are better candidates lets face it... it's a popularity contest, not a job application.
i would take hillary over obama.

ellis

#8 Post by ellis » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:05 am

creep wrote:
i would take hillary over obama.
It's not how I felt 3 years ago but in hindsight, Hillary would have been better.

Obama is more a victim of circumstance... however, he's still too soft.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#9 Post by Hokahey » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:16 am

Hillary would stop being a Keynesian like the rest of Washington? :noclue:

People need to realize that the economic policy of Washington is a theory shared by modern day neocons and democrats alike. Nothing is going to change. It's all spend, spend, spend (just on different things), print money when we run out, causing inflation but also a bubble that gets people excited and declaring "we're back!", bubble bursts - repeat cycle. Except the treads wearing thin these days...

creep
Site Admin

#10 Post by creep » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:20 am

hokahey wrote:Hillary would stop being a Keynesian like the rest of Washington? :noclue:

People need to realize that the economic policy of Washington is a theory shared by modern day neocons and democrats alike. Nothing is going to change. It's all spend, spend, spend (just on different things), print money when we run out, causing inflation but also a bubble that gets people excited and declaring "we're back!", bubble bursts - repeat cycle. Except the treads wearing thin these days...
i'm not saying hillary would be my choice to be the next president...just that given the choice between the two i would choose her. i don't think anyone would disagree with you that there needs to be less govt spending.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#11 Post by Hokahey » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:42 am

creep wrote:
hokahey wrote:Hillary would stop being a Keynesian like the rest of Washington? :noclue:

i'm not saying hillary would be my choice to be the next president...just that given the choice between the two i would choose her. i don't think anyone would disagree with you that there needs to be less govt spending.
The problem is neither party is going to stop. Dems on entitlements, Repubs on defense. They're also going to print money when we need it instead of backing currency by something tangible. This is why the cost of living skyrockets.

Jasper

#12 Post by Jasper » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:48 am

The most recent nationwide Gallup poll (kinda blurry, I know):

Hokahey
Site Admin

#13 Post by Hokahey » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:28 am

Would be amazing if Paul could move in to second.

Jasper

#14 Post by Jasper » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:52 am

Jasper wrote:The most recent nationwide Gallup poll (kinda blurry, I know):
EAST:
Perry - 16%
Romney - 17 %
Paul - 15%

SOUTH:
Perry - 39%
Romney - 12%
Paul - 9%

Woah! :yikes:

Also...

SELDOM/NEVER ATTEND CHURCH
:
Perry - 24%
Romney - 18%

How the hell did Perry get ahead there? :hs: :noclue:

chaos

#15 Post by chaos » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:19 pm

Jasper wrote:

:
Perry - 24%
Romney - 18%

It is probably a reaction to the severe drought conditions in the southwest (especially Texas).

http://www.npr.org/2011/08/26/139947317 ... le-at-risk

creep
Site Admin

#16 Post by creep » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:17 pm

chaos wrote:
Jasper wrote:

:
Perry - 24%
Romney - 18%

It is probably a reaction to the severe drought conditions in the southwest (especially Texas).

http://www.npr.org/2011/08/26/139947317 ... le-at-risk
are you referencing perry's prayer proclamation for rain?

http://governor.state.tx.us/news/proclamation/16038/

chaos

#17 Post by chaos » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:46 pm

creep wrote: are you referencing perry's prayer proclamation for rain?

http://governor.state.tx.us/news/proclamation/16038/

:lol: I didn't know about his proclamation, but NPR recorded people in revival-like meetings asking God to bless them with rain.

(I am not trying to make light of drought situation and the heart wrenching toll it has taken on the animals.)

ellis

#18 Post by ellis » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:22 am

I'm telling you... Perry will lead the R ticket next year.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#19 Post by Hokahey » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:25 am

ellis wrote:I'm telling you... Perry will lead the R ticket next year.
If he does, he loses soundly.

creep
Site Admin

#20 Post by creep » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:50 pm

no way

all of my money is on romney

they do not need another nutty candidate this year. i can't see this happening. :noclue:

ellis

#21 Post by ellis » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:26 pm

creep wrote:
no way

all of my money is on romney

they do not need another nutty candidate this year. i can't see this happening. :noclue:
he'll get it BECAUSE he's nutty.

Jasper

#22 Post by Jasper » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:29 pm

I can't see the greater U.S. voting for Perry.

el segundo

#23 Post by el segundo » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:00 am

Ron Paul tried to bring logic to tonights debate...his advisors should have told him you cannot bring logic to a tea party debate! Even that Huntsman guy tried to bring logic in last weeks debate, and Perrty tried to bring Gallilao into it (in the wrong context) by saying "just because 98% of scientist". These debates are fucking funny :lolol:

ellis

#24 Post by ellis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:45 am

Jasper wrote:I can't see the greater U.S. voting for Perry.
b/c the greater US doesn't vote. (sadly)

Hokahey
Site Admin

#25 Post by Hokahey » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:00 am

el segundo wrote:Ron Paul tried to bring logic to tonights debate...his advisors should have told him you cannot bring logic to a tea party debate! Even that Huntsman guy tried to bring logic in last weeks debate, and Perrty tried to bring Gallilao into it (in the wrong context) by saying "just because 98% of scientist". These debates are fucking funny :lolol:

Ron is the same guy, with the same ideas, every debate and has been for many decades. What's great is that he's back up to 14% in the polling. The Republicans are being forced to acknowledge what certain people like about him and adopt some of his ideas. Too bad Ron's so old. We meed him to keep pushing that party until they're eventually Libertarians calling themselves Republicans.