Anderson Cooper’s Twitter feud

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
chaos

#1 Post by chaos » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:10 pm

I am surprised he bothered to respond. If he responded to every inaccurate and/or insulting tweet he would have no time for anything else.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/an ... 12341.html

By Claudine Zap | The Sideshow – 6 hrs ago

Forget about the conflict in the Middle East. It's a Twitter war that has Anderson Cooper riled up.

While reporting and dodging explosions in Gaza—ground zero of renewed hostilities between Israel and Hamas—the host of "AC360" took an in-coming tweet from one Pamela Weiss, a self-described "social media junkie" and "foodie."

As surfaced by Tumblr, Weiss criticized his report of an Israeli airstrike on a media center, twice in one day. She posted, "Report a fair story. Report facts."

Amazingly, the TV anchor noticed the tweet (he has more than 3.3 million followers) and replied, "ummmm.... I just did that and have been doing that repeatedly on twitter and on tv. Do you actually think before you tweet?"

But there was more cattiness to come. Cooper added, "perhaps spend less time tweeting about coconut flan and more time actually following the news."

Followers of the Twitter spat weighed in. Caleb ‏@cpenny20 posted, "damn man, you just dug into her tweet history for that burn. Respect."

To which Cooper fired back, "nothing funner than looking at a dull tweet history for specifics." Zing!

Weiss did get some support as well. Violeta Yas ‏@AccuVioleta joked,
"Go easy on her, @andersoncooper . Coconut flan is pretty delicious."

True. But Twitter revenge must be a dish best served cold. Still, Cooper expressed a twinge of remorse on his show today as he explained,
"I get obsessed with somebody who says something to me that is completely inaccurate. Like they'll say to me, 'You never report about stuff that's happening in Israel,' which is just not true." He added, "Nothing against coconut flan and I'm sure she's a very nice person and I kind of felt bad to be honest."