The Pope-"I quit"

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
Bandit72

Re: The Pope-"I quit"

#51 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:29 am

Adurentibus Spina wrote:All religions, like all species of life on this planet, die out eventually. 2000 years isn't particularly long, but it is long overdue for this disgusting bastion of human ignorance and arrogance.
Hear, hear. :tiphat:

Romeo

#52 Post by Romeo » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:29 am

Jasper wrote:
Romeo wrote:We know for a fact the hatred WBC spews they claim to be the word of "god" when in fact it is not.
So, um...you know the word of God?
Romeo wrote:So their "belief" is all made up just to perpetuate their bigoted views.
Religion is created by humans, and humans pretty much make things up that support their feelings about things. To say it's not a belief doesn't make any sense. You want to have your cake and eat it too, but I don't think anyone around here is going to accept that flimsy logic.

You don't like what they believe. You have different feelings about things. Just stick to that.
The 10 commandments were (or how the story is told :wink: ) inscribed by God & given to Moses.

anything else is a narrative. Especially the word of Leviticus (which everyone points to to claim "god hates fags")

SR

#53 Post by SR » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:44 am

The 10 c's are narrative, whether you believe that god made them or not. But really this is immaterial to the thread. What's your point with this?

Bandit72

#54 Post by Bandit72 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:19 am

Where does Allah fit in with the 10 commandments? Or Zeus? Or Vishnu?

ellis

#55 Post by ellis » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:57 am

Sooooooooo... I can't tell if this is driven by conspiracy theorists... or if it truly has merit but hasn't been reported yet... but this is what is making the rounds lately.
“It seems that with his resignation announced, the Pope, whose given name is Joseph Ratzinger, has a meeting with the Italian President, Giorgio Napolitano on February 23 to beg for immunity against prosecution for allegations of child sex crimes.
Apparently, this hastily arranged meeting, and likely the resignation as well, are the result of a supposed note received by the Vatican from an undisclosed European government that stated that there are plans to issue a warrant for the Pope’s arrest.
This letter was allegedly received on February 4, and Ratzinger resigned a week later. Now, there’s no way people can ignore how fishy this is.
The first Pope to resign in 600 years does so after panicking about an impending arrest and in the midst of a hastily arranged meeting begging for protection from the Italian government?”
Other link:
http://www.towleroad.com/2013/02/vatica ... -dies.html

It is believed that whatever the butler leaked last year has implicated the Pope in molestation cover ups. And now, by having him resign, the "pope" will not be arrested or expected to testify in any trials. Ratzinger will not be the pope when/if that occurs.

IMO, the way in which all of those molestation cases were handled as well as the protection of bishops by harboring them in Vatican City clearly shows that these fucks are morally bankrupt. I hope the whole corrupt group crumbles to pieces b/c true Christians deserve better.

SR

#56 Post by SR » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:13 am

Catholic church needs a revolution. The institution is evil with good people of faith irreversibly stained by it. And standing behind this evil while it continues to decay is tacit approval.

krakle

#57 Post by krakle » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:08 am

Little update from The Netherlands: total compensation for victims, so far, is 19.2 million euros.

Artemis

#58 Post by Artemis » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:09 am

In response to the Iggy Pope going aroun in fb today, someone in the comments section added a vid called the Vatican Rag. It shows the intersection of popular music and the catholica church. I think it's very funny and shold be posted here:

Romeo

#59 Post by Romeo » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:45 am

'bout time people protested outside Red Lobsters

:thumb: