Donald Trump running for President.

Discussion relating to current events, politics, religion, etc
MYXYLPLYX

Re: Donald Trump running for President.

#126 Post by MYXYLPLYX » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:24 pm

kv wrote:Wtf is wrong with you people? he isn't winning... Running yes..nom sure..winning? fuck no

This guy says you're wrong:

http://www.sfgate.com/elections/article ... 856643.php

:noclue:

creep
Site Admin

#127 Post by creep » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:27 am

between cruz and trump i would pick trump all day. :noclue:

there have never been worse candidates ever in a presidential election in my lifetime. i don't want anyone to win.

creep
Site Admin

#128 Post by creep » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:59 am

i guess if i had to rank them from the least worse to the worse it would be:

clinton
sanders
kasich
rubio
trump
carson
cruz

Pandemonium

#129 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:43 am

creep wrote:i guess if i had to rank them from the least worse to the worse it would be:

clinton
sanders
kasich
rubio
trump
carson
cruz

I would flip Kasich with Sanders and Carson with a potted plant. But yeah, I agree that this is by far the lousiest bunch of malcontents we've had to choose from in my lifetime.

mockbee

#130 Post by mockbee » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:52 am

creep wrote:i guess if i had to rank them from the least worse to the worse it would be:

clinton
sanders
kasich
rubio
trump
carson
cruz

Yeah, I agree with this. I might even put Trump ahead of Rubio, well, no, almost...... :crazy:

I don't think Trump would do anything.....it would just be a rudderless ship disaster.....and very embarrassing.
I don't know how I could explain it whenever I left to the country to travel anywhere....... :scared:

Artemis

#131 Post by Artemis » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:16 am

Yesterday I was surprised to read that Chris Christie is officially backing Trump. Not sure if that helps or hinders Trump's chances. :noclue:

clinton
sanders
kasich
rubio
trump
carson
cruz

From my view, up here in Canuckistan, I would rank this way:

Sanders
Clinton
Trump
Rubio
Kasich
Carson
Cruz

Angry Canine

#132 Post by Angry Canine » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:20 pm

As someone who's local news comes from Ohio, I see pretty much everything Kasich does. He's way more dangerous than you all seem to realize.

Pandemonium

#133 Post by Pandemonium » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:03 pm

Artemis wrote:Yesterday I was surprised to read that Chris Christie is officially backing Trump. Not sure if that helps or hinders Trump's chances. :noclue:
It's helps in small part legitimize Trump's standing in the Republican party. I used to kind of like Christie up 'til the New Jersey traffic scandal but this move is just Christie blatantly sucking up to Trump knowing he has the Republican nomination locked up and hoping for a position like Attorney General or even Vice President.

Artemis

#134 Post by Artemis » Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:43 pm

I can't believe these people in this video! :mad: :scared: :no:
A rally hosted by advocates for the Confederate flag and the Confederate narrative of American history was deliberately transformed into Donald Trump rally on the day of the Republican primary in South Carolina.

nausearockpig

#135 Post by nausearockpig » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:48 pm

Yeah.... KKWhat??

Romeo

#136 Post by Romeo » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:48 am

Well looks like Trump is bring unity....
:lol:
Bigots and racists from all walks of life endorsing him
:lol:

First David Dukes and the KKK, nor Louis Farrakhan

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/201 ... looking-at

Artemis

#137 Post by Artemis » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:52 pm

Looks like Ben Carson is out.

Even though he didn't officially "suspend" his campaign he said he "didn't see a political path forward".

I'm surprised he stayed in as long as he did. I wonder if he will support Trump now like Chris Christie.

Mescal

#138 Post by Mescal » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:04 pm

kv wrote:Wtf is wrong with you people? he isn't winning... Running yes..nom sure..winning? fuck no
isn’t that what everyone said before: he’ll never get nominated?

Americans scare me at this moment

Matz

#139 Post by Matz » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:10 pm

seems like everything can happen in this election, even Trump becoming president :yikes:

mockbee

#140 Post by mockbee » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:00 pm

Beneath Hillary Clinton’s Super Tuesday Wins, Signs of Turnout Trouble
By NICHOLAS CONFESSORE
MARCH 2, 2016

Democratic turnout has fallen drastically since 2008, the last time the party had a contested primary, with roughly three million fewer Democrats voting in the 15 states that held caucuses or primaries through Tuesday, according to unofficial election results. It declined in virtually every state, dropping by roughly 50 percent in states like Minnesota and Texas. In Arkansas, Alabama, and Georgia, the number of Democrats voting decreased by roughly a third.

The fall-off in Democratic primary turnout — which often reveals whether a candidate is exciting voters and attracting them to the polls — reached deeply into some of the core groups of voters Mrs. Clinton must not only win in November, but turn out in large numbers. It stands in sharp contrast to the flood of energized new voters showing up at the polls to vote for Donald J. Trump in the Republican contest.

“If there is a drop-off in the surge vote in the Florida, Ohio and Virginia, that is 60 electoral votes,” Mr. King said. “No one has captured the real dilemma in the 2016 election. It’s not a question of whether Hillary Clinton would get 90 percent of the black vote. The question is: 90 percent of what?”

Mr. King and other Democrats said that Mr. Trump could present Democrats with the prospect of a greatly altered political and demographic map. His candidacy is helping spur higher turnout in each of the first four Republican contests, including Nevada, where Mr. Trump’s vote total by itself surpassed overall turnout in the 2012 election, setting a state record. On Super Tuesday, Republicans smashed turnout records in Massachusetts, a traditionally Democratic-leaning state, and saw huge turnout in both Virginia and Tennessee.

And despite the seemingly inexorable demographic rise of Hispanic voters, the American electorate is still overwhelmingly white. Some analysts said they believed Mr. Trump could even exceed Mitt Romney’s 59 percent share of the white vote — winning over disaffected Republicans and even working-class Democratic men, and putting Democratic-leaning swing states like Michigan, and potentially Pennsylvania, in play. That could offset losses Republicans might suffer among Latino voters, forcing the Democratic nominee to overperform significantly among the smaller proportion of nonwhite voters.

President Drumpf.

Well....John Oliver is already in place as the jester for this coming fiefdom. :noclue:

Unless the non-white vote gets mortally terrified and comes out in mass for Clinton in the general election, I don't see this ending well.

Turnout for Republicans has skyrocketed and he is winning amongst all white demographic groups.

Trump is not a Republican.......... and that's the critical problem.

I think our best hope is a split ticket at the convention.

Artemis

#141 Post by Artemis » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:38 pm

I wonder if polling station errors make up part of that low turnout number.

A young friend of mine in Georgia posted on Facebook about a screw-up at his voting station.
So I went to vote for the first time today. Everything went smoothly until I actually got to my booth. There was no option to choose my candidate, only a yes or no question about some 1% tax that I didn't give a damn about and that was it. So after me and my dad questioned the lady working the polls, she proceeds to tell us that we checked independent when we clearly both chose Democrat. She then looks at our sheets and tells us that she accidentally put us on the non-partisan list and she'll "pray that we forgive her, but we can still vote in November". Ya no shit, but it won't probably be Bernie in the primaries thanks to BS like this. Needless to say, I called the election protection hotline and opened up a case against Royston City Hall. I hope everyone else had a smooth experience at the polls today, cause I sure as hell didn't.

creep
Site Admin

#142 Post by creep » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:14 pm

some of these are dumb. this one is funny because of how creepy the guy is in real life.

Angry Canine

#143 Post by Angry Canine » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:16 pm

Mescal wrote:Americans scare me at this moment
Think how it feels being sane and living right in the middle of all of them.

kv

#144 Post by kv » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:07 am

Ya...you're sane :lol:

Artemis

#145 Post by Artemis » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:20 am

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2016/03 ... ump-speech
Watch Mitt Romney Attempt to Tear Down "Phony" Donald Trump

Former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney slammed Donald Trump on Thursday as "a phony" and "a fraud," and urged fellow Republicans to disavow the real estate magnate's bid for the White House.

"His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University," Romney said at the University of Utah. "He's playing the American public for suckers. He gets a free ride to the White House and all we get is a lousy hat."

Romney went on to make the case against Trump's increasingly likely nomination, arguing that it would hurt the Republican Party and ultimately mean a loss to Hillary Clinton in the general election. Romney's speech represents a larger effort by Republican leaders to put an end to Trump's momentum.

The blistering remarks, which took aim at Trump's economic promises, foreign policy plans, and character, come just two days after Trump's overwhelming Super Tuesday victories in the Republican primaries.

"Dishonesty is Donald Trump's hallmark," Romney told the crowd.

Angry Canine

#146 Post by Angry Canine » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:00 pm

kv wrote:Ya...you're sane :lol:
Well, yeah, that may be a bit of a stretch. But I can comprehend reality, and have the ability to reason. Those things aren't really practiced much, or even accepted here currently.

kv

#147 Post by kv » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:10 pm

oh come on was a playful jab :pat:

Pandemonium

#148 Post by Pandemonium » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:04 pm

So it looks like the Republican Party is about to have a full on meltdown. If Trumps wins in November, we should just call him President Chernobyl.

mockbee

#149 Post by mockbee » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:06 pm

I wonder how @PolitiFact will fact-check a candidates’ genital size. And I can’t believe that I’m tweeting this in a Presidential debate!

— Nicholas Kristof (@NickKristof) 4 Mar 16

I think I'll just check back in November.

A cabin in the woods sounds nice right about now. :wave:

kv

#150 Post by kv » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:58 pm

Pandemonium wrote:So it looks like the Republican Party is about to have a full on meltdown.
then good on trump