Re: Feb 22 - Saint Louis, MO at The Pageant

#26 Post by creep » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:33 pm

nothing too fancy with the stage

creep
Site Admin

#27 Post by creep » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:37 pm

ok stole this from janesaddiction.org

classic girl and i would for you would make this a great show for me. probably my two favorite songs

Pandemonium

#28 Post by Pandemonium » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:48 pm

Interesting setlist more for what they dropped than what they included. That 2nd stage trio is straight out of the '97 Relapse tour. I like Three days near the end of the show - I think that's the farthest back in the set I can ever recall it being played. Glad they dropped ETTL although there's a couple other cuts off TGEA that I would much prefer hearing live. WROMM is an odd closer.

blackcoffee

#29 Post by blackcoffee » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:54 pm

Funny. I've never been one to complain about their setlists, but seeing this makes me think I'd like more songs from N.S. Maybe because I haven't seen them in a while, but I do applaud them for playing more songs off the new release.

I'm thinking about the Louisville show as an option if I can wrangle a work trip that week. Anyone else going to that show?

Leto

#30 Post by Leto » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:00 pm

creep wrote:ok stole this from janesaddiction.org

classic girl and i would for you would make this a great show for me. probably my two favorite songs

:thumb: They changed it up.

creep
Site Admin

#31 Post by creep » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:03 pm

everyone was bitching (including me) about not playing the "casey" songs. others bitched about not enough new songs. well you got both here. :noclue:

farrellgirl99

#32 Post by farrellgirl99 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:05 pm

I Would For You :yikes:

it's like a wonderful dream!

Smokestack

#33 Post by Smokestack » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:12 pm

I just looked at this thread for the first time. I didn't go to this show because all my friends that lived in STL no longer live there. I am going to the KC show, depending on what the set list is tonight.

clickie

#34 Post by clickie » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:38 pm

hokahey is probably gonna say perry was like the old perry and the band was rejuvinated and dave was on fire. oh yeah and creep still takes rogaine.

lollapaloser

#35 Post by lollapaloser » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:17 pm

Underground's the only song I've heard off the new album, but that set list piques my interest in this tour. It's totally Relapse-like with the acoustic part, but that was a really cool part of that show. Good for them, changing it up. I don't know what those other new songs sounds like, but it seems like a fun show.

Mescal

#36 Post by Mescal » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:10 pm

WOW

I think Perry has a fascination with the JA fan sites.

We blamed him and Etty for not playing any "Casey" songs, and now they played Classic Girl and I would For You; thé most Casey songs.

We blamed them for not promoting the album -> they played half the new album.

So if anyone here complains with that setlist -> :crazy:

Mescal

#37 Post by Mescal » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:13 pm

Twisted Tales and Words are crappy songs though.

I hope they work better live.

Larry B.

#38 Post by Larry B. » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:19 pm

In theory, that setlist is pretty cool. The closer makes sense, having in mind that it closes the album (same as with the opener). They will probably (and hopefully) play around with the Twisted Tales spot, alternating with a different tune from TGEA.

I wonder what the delivery was like.

JOEinPHX

#39 Post by JOEinPHX » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:36 pm

i wonder if Hoka and Esq are hanging by the tour buses for pictures right now.

Leto

#40 Post by Leto » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:47 pm

esqfool

#41 Post by esqfool » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:00 am

ESQ was eating dinner at 12:15 am after Hoka needed a ride home way out of my way, but he's a JA fan, so I drove him back. Ok, I wrote down shit on the Ticketmaster envelope so I wouldn't forget. Lots of people there who were telling me they loved Jane's but also would say shit like dude I love Aaron Lewis from Staind or man fuckin' Puddle of Mudd is GOOD!!!!!! Either dummies like that or old schoool ate up JA diehards. So on to the show. Stage wasn't really anything outstanding. 3 video screens, a platform on the right, the side stage that appears on the left.

Anywho, specifics and thoughts:

Welcome to the Machine is played over the PA and the lights drop. Underground starts. Perry's backing track is obviously playing but Dave's mic is louder so you hear more of Dave than Perry. I was seated directly at the soundboard in case anyone was wondering. Next up is Mountain Song, way too much fucking bass in it and you can barely hear DN's guitar. A video is playing of a 40 year old man shooting up amongst other things like chicks from the 60's smoking weed. Just Because is up next, still way too fucking low on DN's guitar, just an ok version of it. Underground is the best song so far at least sound wise. Next up is Been Caught Stealing, sound is rounding into shape, pretty good version of this song. Between songs this crow figure that had been on the stage rigging top right during Underground appears, and steals DN's guitar, and some guy comes out with a fake shotgun and shoots him across the stage (no I'm not pulling your leg). Aint No Right is next and Perry actually sings it, sounds pretty good. Ted, Just Admit It... is next or "Nothings Shocking" as I kept hearing dumbfucks in Tool shirts by me call it. Etty and co on the rocking chair. Videos of women with large areolas stripping abound. Perry totally fucking blows his voice out half way to the point where it was unintelligible what he's singing. The next song is something off TGEA that I honestly didn't even know, but by looking at that setlist its Twisted Tales. Ok song, but they have Buddy the Clown from P4P days dressed in all white looking like maybe a magician and he's hanging this baby in a noose, then he gets lifted and hung. Meanwhile videos of kids beating up dolls play, and they afterwards the video is played with sound talking about the dolls and how its good to beat them and shit.

I'll enter a paragraph for reading's sake. So next up is this weird interlude where this cart is wheeled across the stage by a human pair of legs but this doll like upper body. Obviously the person was bent over on the cart to create the illusion, but while this is being done the little side stage is set up. Classic Girl, I Would For You are played and both are great. Jane Says is next and that's great b/c I hate them ending with it or at least I thought I didn't want to hear that song at the end. Next is Irresistible Force and it sounds pretty good, at least very practiced. Then Three Days which smoked, sounded really good. Same with Stop afterwards but I'll give the edge to Three Days. In between the two songs the crow dude fights the light board guy and again gets shot. Speaking of the lighting guy. He was obviously a fan. The dude was going for it more than any fans I saw. Running the lights like he was the keyboardist in NIN circa 1990 or something. Anywho I'm thinking oh right on they'll end up with Ocean Size or something. Nope "Words Right Out of My Mouth" which left everyone saying so thats its, wtf? Honestly, it was a bit of a letdown to end on that song after 2 killer songs. So that's my quickie review.

edit: needed to clarify the sound guy was so into it, he had to take his shirt off he was sweating that much, haha.

Larry B.

#42 Post by Larry B. » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:06 am

:thumb: :thumb:

Great writing. Sounds like a show I'd want to attend. I'm sure the sound issues will fade away as the tour progresses.

The big question is: overall, did you like it?

esqfool

#43 Post by esqfool » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:08 am

I'm not sure if I liked it b/c it was such a buzzkill to end the show right as it really got rolling. It wasn't bad, just different than what I'm used to, and to clarify that I drove to Chicago this weekend and listened to old boots from 88 and 89 the entire way to and fro, so I was probably going in with unrealistic expectations.

JOEinPHX

#44 Post by JOEinPHX » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:59 am

Nice to see they played all 14 songs, especially with the surprises they threw in.

Still not sure why they don't just ADD SONGS instead of replacing them though.

With 4 studio albums they easily should be doing 20 song sets.

I guess i was wrong about the magic show. Although I'm not sure that sounds much better. Is it one of those "you need to be there to understand" things? Sounds very strange considering their time limitations.

el segundo

#45 Post by el segundo » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:04 am

So Wow 14 song set...with I would for you and classic girl added into the mix (hello relapse), glad I didnt buy tixs to the Richmond show! Done with Janes really.

Warped

#46 Post by Warped » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:48 am

No complaints about the setlist and 14 songs is great. Well okay Words is shit but ....love Classic Girl and I would for you...never thought they really would do it again :rockon:

So Hoka who are you on fb?

Deconstruction

#47 Post by Deconstruction » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:55 am

AWESOME setlist. They better announce an LA show soon, and I Would For You/Classic Girl better be on the setlist.

Larry B.

#48 Post by Larry B. » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:02 am

Deconstruction wrote:AWESOME setlist. They better announce an LA show soon, and I Would For You/Classic Girl better be on the setlist.

creep
Site Admin

#49 Post by creep » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:16 am

esqfool wrote:
edit: needed to clarify the sound guy was so into it, he had to take his shirt off he was sweating that much, haha.
i assume it was this guy they got from nin??

Japhy

#50 Post by Japhy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:11 am

Good set-list for sure... much more like it. All they need to do now is add a song here and there each night, sub My Time for Jane Says on occasion... easy.

They have totally picked up a few views from here / twitter / facebook - no doubt at all.