Kanas City, MO 08/19/11

Tour dates, set lists, show reviews
Smokestack

Kanas City, MO 08/19/11

#1 Post by Smokestack » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:01 pm

I went to the show. If was for a radio station gig, so it had a few different bands. I'll try to remember the set list the best I can, and this will definitely not be in order:

Whores
Mountain Song
ETTL
Ted
Just Because
Three Days
Stealing
Irresistible Force
Stop
Jane Says

I'm pretty sure that was everything. Highlights were when Perry kept telling girls to show their tits and there were some glorious ones. I love concert boobs. Dave and Perry made up a little song about boobs that went on for a good minute or so. Some of Perry's banter was really funny. The bad part of this show was Perry. I think he might've been sick on top of having tech issues. He sounded the worst I've ever heard him. Nothing was in key and his voice was constantly giving out. You could tell he was trying hard but struggling. He also went out in the crowd and that was when all the tech issues happened. He had some kind of vox control hanging off his pocket that shorted out after someone pulled on it. Dave was very into it and played his ass off. I feel bad for Perry though. He had a very off night.

By the way, who the fuck thought it was okay to start charging people $9.50 for a 16 oz. beer?

Hokahey
Site Admin

Re: Kanas City, MO 08/19/11

#2 Post by Hokahey » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:58 am

I also posted a review from a KC paper on the frontpage.

Smokestack

Re: Kanas City, MO 08/19/11

#3 Post by Smokestack » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:25 am

After reading that article, I guess I forgot to add Aint No Right and Oceansize (which I honestly don't rember them playing). The article makes it sound like Perry made the crowd feel uncomfortable, and maybe he did. That's what I came to see.