8/12/12 New Brunswick

Tour dates, set lists, show reviews
bman

8/12/12 New Brunswick

#1 Post by bman » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:37 pm

Just got back from my 20th Jane's Addiction show! I'm from NJ so I can talk shit about it. New Brunswick (home of Rutgers) was totally dead tonight. Had a shitty Mexican taco before the show. I got in as soon as they opened the doors. I thought my tix were PIT Gen Admin but were actually 2nd row center on the folding chairs. Perry later called us up to the stage so it all worked out. A Lot of Jersey type women up front clamoring to touch Dave! Tiny small stage. No moshing but some chick got tossed for being annoying. Some funny bruiser types up front too. That's why I love the pit! Some guy kept handing Perry his ticket stub and a marker but Perry signed his bald head instead! I love being super close but tonight I couldn't hear Perry at all. The sound was a bit muddled up front and Perry was lost in the Mix. It probably sounded better further back. High Energy show.

(Order might not be 100% accurate)

Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because (1/2 way through Perry makes sure the people in the front rows move up to the stage)
Been Caught Stealing
Aint No Right
Irristable Force
Jane Says
Classic Girl
Up The Beach
Had a Dad
Three Days
Splash
Ocean Size
Stop

Chip Away was on the setlist and they tuned the drums before the show but this was dropped. Perkins Teased Trip Away before Stop too. Another thing. The band kind of seems to get along and having a good time. Good to see.

Hokahey
Site Admin

Re: 8/12/12 New Brunswick

#2 Post by Hokahey » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:32 am

Had a Dad is a nice inclusion.

bman

#3 Post by bman » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Pandemonium

#4 Post by Pandemonium » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:09 pm

That clip sounds like what I expect my hearing to be like around 80 years old.

Setlist looks decent. Thank God they are sticking Jane Says in the middle of the set now.