Sat. 8-11-12 Boston

#1 Post by rockout » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:49 pm

Underground
Mountain Song
Just Because
Caught Stealing
Irresistible Force
Aint No Right
Jane Says- sounds horrible with downtuning. God knows I've seen it live too many times to count, but this was the worst.
Up the Beach
Whores
3 Days - Great stage presence by perry during the song.
Splash a Little Water---- Wild, oddly scary performance art where this dude splashes paint on his face and wraps cloth around his head.
Ocean -sounded fucking excellent
Stop

Not sure about the order, but those were the songs. Really short show, 1:15. A lot of people were like, WTF that's it?

Old crowd. Even the drunken jackasses were old. Instead of 20 year old fratboys it's now 40 year old dipshits randomly shouting before the show "walk right through the door! wooo! been caught stealing!"

Hokahey
Site Admin

Re: Sat. 8-11-12 Boston

#2 Post by Hokahey » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:25 am

I really like that set list. Those are mt three favorite TGEA songs. UTB in to Whores is nice. Wish it was the opener though. I'd pay again to see that set list. Wish they were coming back through Missouri.

rockout

#3 Post by rockout » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:53 am

hokahey wrote:I really like that set list. Those are mt three favorite TGEA songs. UTB in to Whores is nice. Wish it was the opener though. I'd pay again to see that set list. Wish they were coming back through Missouri.
I was pretty surprised to see Splash a Little Water. cool song live. Perk has a great groove on the song--started it out slow, if i remember, with a groove, similar to the way he starts out Summertime Rolls live with a laid back groove.

Some other random bits I remember: the 3 Days drum solo is between the bass drum, snare, and crash cymbal only-- more Keith Moon rock than tribal beat.

There was no singling out or special humping of Etty. She has dark hair now, btw, and looks good.

The guitar sound effect on Underground and Whores (you can hear it on Undergroud right after Perry sings the first part of the verse) is really LOUD and powerful live.

Perry is still extremely athletic on stage and jumps all over the place, but does less kissy faces and butt dances than he has done in the past. A lot of seats for Jane's shows I've seen have been really close to the stage, so it was nice to sit a bit farther back and see how AMAZINGLY perry captivates the whole space of the stage. Huge presence.

Hokahey
Site Admin

#4 Post by Hokahey » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:53 pm

rockout wrote:
hokahey wrote: Perry is still extremely athletic on stage and jumps all over the place, but does less kissy faces and butt dances than he has done in the past.
I noticed this at my show too. He's far less ridiculous than he was for a few years there.

chaos

#5 Post by chaos » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:45 pm

Warped

#6 Post by Warped » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:21 am

:rockon: :thumb:

bman

#7 Post by bman » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:49 am

That was awesome. This 3rd leg has been very good so far. Some set changes everynight and Perry has a lot of energy. The new songs are great too.